PDA

View Full Version : "Pimp My Ride" Hornet Is In Trailerboats

Carl C
04-25-2008, 08:13 AM
I subsribed to Trailerboats this year. It's a pretty basic mag that even Bayliner advertises in but this cool article showed up in the May issue. This boat was posted here some time ago but I can't find the thread (search function not working too good). Little Donzis don't make the mags often and I thought some others might like to see this story. I hope it's readable.:alligator

edit: Here are more readable pics of the text:

edit again: Found thread: http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=51688

Tony
04-27-2008, 09:47 PM
I remember that thread. People were gassing her about the restoration...then she explained about her husband passing away...then people felt bad, apologized, and got nicer. Too bad she is selling it...

:beer:

Kevin Westfall
04-28-2008, 09:49 PM
The boat is getting alot of recognition all ready and it is'nt even in the water.
Also we haven't even driven it yet. So I would love to hear who said it was for sale?!!!!

joel3078
04-29-2008, 10:45 AM
That's what I was thinking!
Tony, were did you hear or see that it was for sale?
Christ, I bet Tonka still has some ice on it as it we were drilling through more than 3 feet of ice at the end of February for late season ice fishing. Long cold winter this year!

Maybe just some confusion/assumptions being made - boat is for sale. Boat is in trailer boats magazine not boat trader magazine. I believe the owner Cindy Uran (sp?) uses Kevin Westall's account here to post messages regarding the redone Hornet. I don't recall how Kevin knows Cindy.

Here is one of the original threads
http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=51688

Hell of a nice looking boat and looking forward to seeing it this summer on lake Minnetonka.

Kevin Westfall
04-29-2008, 10:50 PM
Thx Joel
I just uploaded some pics of her, from the Boat Show.
For all to enjoy or cringe to depends on ones taste.
Can't wait to get her out on the water.
The boat is still in Princeton Mn. The canvas was fit for it and there is testing to do. So soon we hope.

Carl C
04-30-2008, 08:46 AM
I also think Tony mistook "Trailer Boats" for "Boat Trader". I'm glad to hear it's not for sale. I'm one of those that liked the redo from the start but I understand the view of the purists, everyone is entitled to their opinion. I hope Cindy enjoys the boat, it's sure to get lots of attention.

Tony
04-30-2008, 10:15 PM
I also think Tony mistook "Trailer Boats" for "Boat Trader".

Exactly what happened...my bad!
I apologize to all for the confusion.

:beer:

Kevin Westfall
05-19-2008, 09:30 PM
Got her back from Shipwreck Boatworks.
It moves!!! 6.2 Merc, Bravo outdrive, and lots of other goodies brings it right out of the water. Looks real nice in the water also.
Just want to thank everyone involved in this project.
So if you boat on Lake Minnetonka see ya out there!!!

DickB
05-19-2008, 09:52 PM
(I think I got this magazine through the boat show.)