at the risk of debate...

I present the attached... F150 Lightning

picture source > Miami Herald, today, page 9B. Metro section, Action Line topic

olredalert
04-24-2008, 08:29 AM
-------WOW,,,The new James Bond truck!!!!.......Bill S

Craig S
04-24-2008, 08:35 AM
These days...I hope he had upside down insurance to pay off the note!

BUIZILLA
04-24-2008, 08:59 AM
if the Parks Dept kept records, they would have found the F150 Super Crew Harley, the Exploder, and the Expedition that were floater's there recently as well... I think there was one Land Cruiser too... :eek!:

no mention of any GM trucks though.. :cool:

McGary911
04-24-2008, 09:32 AM
Coming soon to a CarFax commercial near you........

zelatore
04-24-2008, 09:38 AM
no mention of any GM trucks though.. :cool:

No, the GM's would be in the highway patrol's report as they were broken down on the road before getting to the ramp.

VetteLT193
04-24-2008, 11:14 AM
Is that a Donzi in the top right corner?

mikev
04-24-2008, 02:36 PM
Looks like he was trying out that new water injection fuel saving system. Bubba thought hey a little water worked great lets put a scope on the hood and try lots of water it will go faster and save gas money for more beer. But not to worry no Miller Light was harmed in making this commercial be cause he handed it to his buddy first saying "here hold my beer while I try this" Bubba's funeral will be this saturday he was survived by his wife, exwife 3 or 4 kids and a couple of coon dogs.

BUIZILLA
04-24-2008, 03:07 PM
Not to worry, the chubby's are on the way... say all you want there sparky :propeller:

he's STILL ahead of you :cool:

:popcorn:

Cuda
04-24-2008, 03:14 PM
The owner probably couldn't afford the note. I know of an F 150, that suspiciously lost it's brakes when backing in the boat launch here by the house.

Cuda
04-24-2008, 03:51 PM
Actually he was blocking us.. Momentarily after that Heidi passed the real truck that was suffering the ignominy of hauling that pos to the dump...
Speaking of which, ya ever notice how the VAST majority of tow trucks on the road are NOT gm products?? Things that make ya go hmmmmmm....
Same thing on construction sites. People who have to depend on their truck, buy Fords. If you notice, most Chebbys and Dodges are hauling post holes. We were working at a Home Depot in Jacksonville, and one of my guys was arguing that fact with me. When we pulled up to the job, there were 11 Fords, 1 GMC, and 1 Toyota. Not a Dodge in sight. Those are the facts, and they are indisputable. :)

BUIZILLA
04-24-2008, 03:55 PM
blocking my ass... :hangum: oh BS........ so I guess since she was driving, that she also took that pic, since that was taken on the drivers side of your vessel? shovel time.. speaking of which, are you EVER going to use the military hitch on HER truck to pull anything besides weeds out of the garden? she's VERY smart not letting you drive it.... :shark:

BUIZILLA
04-24-2008, 04:09 PM
oh BS... spare us.... it's obviously from the drivers seat....

like you've never seen anybody's truck on the back of a lowboy before...

you just can't stand the fact that Ford's don't float either

get over it

Carl C
04-24-2008, 04:10 PM
Probably salt water? If so, truck is toast. If fresh water it should be salvagable. Seat covers, carpet, etc all need to come apart and lay out in the sun in addition to the obvious fluid changes etc.

bob haver
04-24-2008, 04:17 PM
Actually he was blocking us.. Momentarily after that Heidi passed the real truck that was suffering the ignominy of hauling that pos to the dump...

Speaking of which, ya ever notice how the VAST majority of tow trucks on the road are NOT gm products?? Things that make ya go hmmmmmm....
i agree poddle also have you ever noticed all the gm,s with one running light burned out if you see 10 gm trucks i bet 7 of them have one day time running light out :hangum:whats up with that :smash:

roadtrip se
04-24-2008, 04:21 PM
where everything is expensive and flown in. I would imagine truck parts would qualify for the same, in the middle-of-no-where tariff.

Majority of the work trucks were Super Duties. About a six to one ratio to GM from my informal survey.

mrfixxall
04-24-2008, 05:00 PM

Not for long!!! sterling & dodge is going to corner that market, the new navastar motor cant handle the work load and the fuel milage stinks.from what hear 6 to 9 mpg..the sterling and dodge off the bat 15mpg loaded and estimated 18 mpg after brake in ..

mrfixxall
04-24-2008, 05:13 PM
Thats a possibility.. Still no gm's though ;) ;)

Still their all have their ups n downs.. i work on too many fords and have seen all the problems with all the mfg flaws and in my eyes ford has to be # 1 on the hit list for expensive repairs..ford after 100 k its up to you to fork out the cash to fix your truck and the same goes with gm's except for the injectors 200 k..dodge and sterling 200 k on the engine & chassie and 185k on the aiasen tranny:)

BUIZILLA
04-24-2008, 08:08 PM
go ask Rasta Ramp Supervisor, you know who he is...

he'll tell ya the REAL toll tally, the office won't...

sorry to bust your bubble

now Todd.... your a total wimp for not telling me you went to Cayman, I could have got you comp stuff all over that island, one end to the other, diving, fishing, car rentals, tours... we ship stuff there 5 days a week... but you were soooo secretive... actually, there is probably more Dodge trucks down there than you think.. you just didn't look close enough, Ford blinders will do that to ya... The Ford dealer down there doesn't even own a basic Rotunda Star scanner to unlock doors... i've sold 6 trucks down there in the last year, another is headed there realllll soon, won't be a Ford.... this buyer was specific on a Dodge diesel...

roadtrip se
04-24-2008, 09:34 PM
down on the island. Most were beat to snot, but still running strong. Again, very little GM product. Local service or not, the F-series stuff dominated the ground.

Didn't really think about publicizing our trip. First vacation that Jill and I have taken alone in quite some time. Awesome place. Buiz, I'll hit you up for the comps next time!

BUIZILLA
04-24-2008, 09:55 PM
my buddy owns the Benz-Porsche store there on Dorcy Drive... I talk to him 4-5 times a day... the GM and BMW stores got hurricane hammered, and never really came back, after the storm a LOT of Ford stuff went down there for recovery but it's trashed now... I sold an IHC dump truck, 2 low boy trailers, 2 car trailers, 410 Deere tractor, Deere mower tractor, Dodge ramp truck, Cat dozer, 6 GM pickups, and 2 cars late last year.. if you went on Red Sail or Foster's, Sunset Divers or Ebanks tours, I do ALL their engines and have for over 20 years.. prolly have 35-40 steady yearly clients there... quiet money, but LOT'S of it.. :angel:

Cuda
04-25-2008, 08:00 AM
Still their all have their ups n downs.. i work on too many fords and have seen all the problems with all the mfg flaws and in my eyes ford has to be # 1 on the hit list for expensive repairs..ford after 100 k its up to you to fork out the cash to fix your truck and the same goes with gm's except for the injectors 200 k..dodge and sterling 200 k on the engine & chassie and 185k on the aiasen tranny:)
I have had six new Ford trucks in a row, and I could not be more pleased with all of them. I sold an F150 with 122k miles, that was still running perectly, and all I did was change the oil, a couple of fuel filters, and an alternator at 111k. I still have an '03 Sport Trac with over 140k miles, with the same maintanence as the F150, minus the alternator, and it still purrs like new. On the other hand, the last Chebby I bought brand new was a diesel dually, with all the goodies. I lemon lawed that pos.

VetteLT193
04-25-2008, 09:16 AM
Is that a Donzi in the top right corner?

No one knows?