PDA

View Full Version : I love Florida,..

onesubdrvr
04-23-2008, 03:04 PM
I'm sitting in my house with all the windows open, and the doors to the pool open, a nice breeze, perfect temperatures. I'm drinking my Red Stripe, and have Bob Marley blasting through the built in speakers in the house.

What isn't to love,.....IF I had a boat, I could boat nearly every day of the year, salt water:shark:, fresh water :anchor:, lakes, rivers, you name it. Some of the best fishing in the world, etc. :lobster:, and some of the best boating in the world.

Man is life good :) , can't wait until I get a real job, and can enjoy more of the fruits of my labor

Now, what's the website for boattrader ? :wink:

Wayne

vonkamp
04-23-2008, 06:26 PM
I was drifting on the St. Johns in my Aquasport jammin to some Marley on Sunday. This is some great weather for sure. :yes: :beer:

onesubdrvr
04-23-2008, 06:33 PM
THAT'S what I'm talking about,..... lots of good places in that area to throw a couple finger mullet in for some Flounder too :wink: , and maybe hook up with a nice Redfish. I remember one year (many years ago) that the blues were unbelievable, we were at one of the shipyards - must of been 30 boats around, everyone pulling in NICE blues as fast as they could,.. that was an incredible year.

Wayne

Donzi Racer
04-23-2008, 06:40 PM
I'm sitting in my house with all the windows open, and the doors to the pool open, a nice breeze, perfect temperatures. I'm drinking my Red Stripe, and have Bob Marley blasting through the built in speakers in the house.

What isn't to love,.....IF I had a boat, I could boat nearly every day of the year, salt water:shark:, fresh water :anchor:, lakes, rivers, you name it. Some of the best fishing in the world, etc. :lobster:, and some of the best boating in the world.

Man is life good :) , can't wait until I get a real job, and can enjoy more of the fruits of my labor

Now, what's the website for boattrader ? :wink:

Wayne

SSsshhhhh! Ya'll are gonna have all these Donzi people heading this way and we will be wall to wall Donzi's! I moved down here about 6 years ago and wish I would have come 15 years sooner. I was offered a Kuppenheimer Clothing Store down in Jacksonville around 20 years ago. I said no cause I wanted to stay close to home. HA! It is a sweet place to be, that is for sure. Check out the new sig and avatar. Those are the very 1st 2 Donzis we had. Wonderful memories.

onesubdrvr
04-23-2008, 06:45 PM
You know something, I'm a 3rd generation Floridian, I was born in Jacksonville, my dad was born in St. Augustine, and my Grandfather was born in Miami, and now I have 3 children that were born in Florida (Port St. Lucie), so I'm continuing the tradition. Having spent time in the navy, I've seen quite a few places, the west coast of the US, the North East, and though I've seen some beautiful places, I wouldn't move from Florida unless some unforeseen circumstances came up.

That's quite a list of Donzi's, I'm jealous, and am leaving you now. :wink:

Wayne

ChromeGorilla
04-23-2008, 08:05 PM
Nice weather and boating...that does it...I'm moving to FL..... oh wait a sec.....:wink: Be down ASAP....

gold-n-rod
04-23-2008, 08:06 PM
lots of good places in that area to throw a couple finger mullet in for some Flounder too
Mullet.......... did you say mullet???????????
http://www.thenewsoundoftrash.com/content/binary/mullet1.jpg

Donzi Racer
04-23-2008, 10:08 PM
You know something, I'm a 3rd generation Floridian, I was born in Jacksonville, my dad was born in St. Augustine, and my Grandfather was born in Miami, and now I have 3 children that were born in Florida (Port St. Lucie), so I'm continuing the tradition. Having spent time in the navy, I've seen quite a few places, the west coast of the US, the North East, and though I've seen some beautiful places, I wouldn't move from Florida unless some unforeseen circumstances came up.

That's quite a list of Donzi's, I'm jealous, and am leaving you now. :wink:

Wayne

Wayne, I was born in Niceville but left at the tender age of 6 weeks. Now I am back, see it pulls on ya. If I knew the east coast was as cool during the summer, I would have been here much sooner. Tom

Cuda
04-24-2008, 01:26 AM
I may be the only person on here that knows where Niceville is. That's where my high school buddy lived, right after he joined the Navy. My best friend in jr high's gandparents live in Pt Washington, which is right across the bay. We used to seine our own shrimp there. :)

Cuda
04-24-2008, 01:28 AM
Btw, l've live all over this world, and I'd pick Florida over all of them.

Donzi Racer
04-24-2008, 12:58 PM
Btw, l've live all over this world, and I'd pick Florida over all of them.

Me too Cuda, not the all over the world, but the Florida part. I forgot to say that Nicevile was in Florida. Dad was at egland air force base. Later we grew up summers in Pannama City Beach. Grandaddy had a summer cottage there. I wonder now why we never came down during the winter or spring break? I just remember getting burned the first day out each time we came down, ear aches, and the measles. That is what Florida was to me.
Little different this time around. I LOVE IT!!!! Tom

Cuda
04-24-2008, 03:18 PM
Tom, my dad was stationed twice at the Naval Mine Defense Lab in PC. I remember camping on the beaches out there. There was absolutely nothing, between PC Beach, and Ft Walton. There were about a half dozen commecial fishing boats at Destin, and that was it. We used to find arrow heads, and pottery along the beach. Oh yeah, we used to find 50 caliber ammo on the beach, because they used to have a bombing range just offshore west of PC Beach.

Barry Eller
04-27-2008, 07:25 AM
I may be the only person on here that knows where Niceville is. That's where my high school buddy lived, right after he joined the Navy. My best friend in jr high's gandparents live in Pt Washington, which is right across the bay. We used to seine our own shrimp there. :)

Nope. I know where it is. I used to water ski in slalom tournaments on Rocky Bayou. I have friends there still. Its about 40 miles from Gulf Breeze.

Donzi Racer
04-27-2008, 08:16 PM
Tom, my dad was stationed twice at the Naval Mine Defense Lab in PC. I remember camping on the beaches out there. There was absolutely nothing, between PC Beach, and Ft Walton. There were about a half dozen commecial fishing boats at Destin, and that was it. We used to find arrow heads, and pottery along the beach. Oh yeah, we used to find 50 caliber ammo on the beach, because they used to have a bombing range just offshore west of PC Beach.

I was lucky enough that my grandparents were good friends of the Thomas' from Decatur Alabama. Rutledge and Georgia Thomas started a small housing development with cottages there on the beach, way many years ago. I visited recently and it was so big I did not know where to look. Called my Mom and said where was our cottage and the Thomas cottage which was a few doors down from ours. She laughed and said, look for Thomas Drive, Wow, you talk about changing, UNREAL! There are houses & businesses everywhere. It was so small 40 years ago. Like a different place. Wish we would have kept that place. Worth a big small fortune now. Grandaddy sold three cool places when I was a youngster, the florida cottage, a 52 foot houseboat, and a nice ranch house in Mexico. All three were purchased with 50 dollar bills. No dang wonder I cannot stand 50's. ha ha We sure do enjoy thinking of those times but WAY too hot on the west coast for us. We like the east coast now.