PDA

View Full Version : 22 Zx vs. 32 Sunsation

RunninRed
04-21-2008, 10:33 AM
At the river yesterday hangin out. This 32 Sunsation MCOB shows up. Beautiful boat, not sure what year, but it looked fairly new.

A few friends wanna go for a ride in my boat, so we load up 5 deep and take off, we ride for a bit, as were turning around to go back he comes flyin by and givin me the universal "lets go" wave.

I'm happy to oblige and the next thing he knows a little 22 Donzi with 5 people in it comes crusin by him...

Got sunburned yesterday, but didnt mind. Was a good day :)

RunninRed
04-21-2008, 02:09 PM
Oh yea, 1 other thing. I really need hydraulic steering. can any of you guys point me in the right direction. What kind to go with or stay away from, best place to get it, etc...

mjw930
04-21-2008, 03:24 PM
I'm partial to the Everett Performance stuff.

http://www.everettperformance.com/

It brings the ram tighter to the gimbal housing than any other system making the installation easier since it doesn't interfere with tabs and other things on the transom.

The Hedgehog
04-21-2008, 06:20 PM
Stories like that make me feel good. I am glad that you are spreading the word.

So far I like my Hardin Marine steering on my X-18 and at the looks of the IMCO system that is going on my 26.

Carl C
04-21-2008, 06:33 PM
Way to go!:clap: I'll bet "that whining" sound was a factor.:cool:

LKSD
04-22-2008, 05:57 AM
The 2 best ones for the money are the Imco & Zieger.. The Latham is nice & also good, but costs almost double.. We sell all three... Jamie / Lakeside

mjw930
04-22-2008, 09:09 AM
The 2 best ones for the money are the Imco & Zieger.. The Latham is nice & also good, but costs almost double.. We sell all three... Jamie / Lakeside

I forgot that Everett markets the steering under the Zieger name......