PDA

View Full Version : Moving and the fun I am having....

Donziweasel
04-19-2008, 08:27 AM
Not back 2 days and Boo Boo is whipped into a fenzie over moving. Boxes everywhere, driving me crazy, etc.... I am learning a few things about moving after 6 years of marriage. For example A. I never knew we had any silver. B. That you need to polish it.

Now I know A. We have a lot of silver that Boo Boo stashed away after the wedding and B. That you do have to polish more often than every six years. I spent my nice Friday night on the couch polishing silver I have never seen before and will probably never see again.

Ahhh the good ole days when I was single. Give me a raft trailer and 2 boxes and I am moved and done. Now everything is wrapped, boxed, labled and put into a very serious order of when to move. Boo Boo has informed me that we could never pick up the pots and pans box and load it into the truck before the sheets and pillow case box. The system would break down, life would come to a halt, and armageddon would soon ensue. My job, I have quickly found out, is to say "yes Dear" and lift the nice heavy boxes she has packed.

And the phrase I have heard most the last two days? "what are you going to do with that?!" as she points to my beloved corner of tangled fly rods, or possibly "We are throwing this out" as she grabs my old snow mobile jacket that I love so dearly and could never part with although I will never wear it again. I guess sentimental value is not very high on the list of things to keep. "yes dear".

Where the hell was I last week and what is the fastest way back there?:smash::hangum::wink:

BlownCrewCab
04-19-2008, 08:51 AM
Well you planned it all wrong. when you where in the Bahamas, Bone fishing "the moving company" should have been at your house Packing, moving, while your out wading in the white sand thinkin, is that a Cuda or a bone fish, ah, I'll cast at it anyway, Hmmm I wonder how the movers are doing,Then you could have paid them in silver...That you didn't know you had..

Ed Donnelly
04-19-2008, 10:40 AM
SEE.... Being married 4 times has its advantages.
1 month before moving YOU gather all your old must keep goodies..nude pic of your ex-buddies wife,he man t-shirt from your first(you know).Jacket that you got lucky with every time you wore it.. Pack them in a box ...HIDE at work in an employees locker until move is 6 months over..:smash:...Ed

The Hedgehog
04-19-2008, 11:30 PM
Yes, it sucks.

We moved 4 times in the first 7 years we were married. You never get good at it. Still finding that silver and clothes with tags on them. Insane.

I am still getting out of boxes now. I feel your pain. Hang in there. You will begin to enjoy the new place in a few months.

Team Jefe
04-20-2008, 12:13 PM
John - BCC got it right, the heaviestg thing I lifted when we moved was a checkbook :wink:

Good Luck Amigo....remember lift with your legs:smash:

Donziweasel
04-20-2008, 03:58 PM
Jefe, I wish I was so lucky. All the small stuff we are moving ourselves, per a member of your red bikini team, Boo Boo. Going to reserve one day with the moving company to get all the big crap.

My Pinzgauer (6 wheel military rig) is great for this. Holds a crap load and easy access. I don't need no stinking boxes, just throw it all in the Pinz.

Of course, this goes against the Boo Boo's natural order of moving, but she wasn't around and it was my stuff anyway.

Hedgehog and MP, thanks for the tips and support. Damn I need a drink!:hangum:

One day I might even be able to get the Donzi out and ready, but considering the lakes are still iced over, I guess I can sit in it, hook up the water, start it, make a drink, and pretend I am on Jackson Lake in July.

On another note, if anyone was thinking about a summer trip, this owuld be a good summer to come. Lakes should be full all summer.

gcarter
04-20-2008, 04:31 PM
I guess I'm confused. Did I miss something?
I thought you were still working on house plans???
What's all this moving stuff at this point?
Did you already sell your house?

Donziweasel
04-20-2008, 05:02 PM
Had to sell my current house to build the new one. Now I have to rent for the next year until my new is done.

DonziChick
04-21-2008, 11:57 AM
Glad you know your job - lifting and "yes" :D

And just think, you'll get to do it all over again in a year! :doh: