PDA

View Full Version : Wild Wolf Dog Hybrid

Barry Eller
04-16-2008, 07:46 PM
A friend of mine lives in a rural area shot this wild wolf dog that attacked his Miniature Pincher. It came out of the woods and scooped up the little dog and ran with it. My buddy chased them and the wolf dog dropped the little dog. The little dog had enough life left in him to run back toward his master. The wolf dog disappeared back into the woods. The little dog had 6 broken ribs and multiple puncture wounds, but survived.

After checking with all the neighbors to see if anyone owned the wolf dog, he found out it had killed several dogs and cats in the area. It had been seen stalking cattle, deer and had shadowed some children.

It weighed 112 lbs and was in remarkable condition.

It is thought it may have been someones pet that was too wild to keep, so they turned it out.

mrfixxall
04-16-2008, 10:10 PM
Sad, looks to me like your buddy shot someones pet,ive seen many wolfs up north and they all were mange looking,long toe nails and their teeth were half faling out of their mouths.

catch 22
04-16-2008, 11:22 PM
My wife's friend had a wolf hybrid. She had him since he was a puppy. He was 10yrs old when he died last year.

mjw930
04-17-2008, 07:08 AM
Aside from them being illegal in many states
According to the National Wolfdog Alliance (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=National_Wolfdog_Alliance&action=edit&redlink=1), 40 U.S. states effectively forbid the ownership, breeding and importation of wolfdogs, while others impose some form of regulation upon ownership.[13] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolfdog#cite_note-12) Most European nations, as well as many U.S. counties and municipalities, also either outlaw the animal entirely or put restrictions on ownership.if that was someone's pet then they should be brought up on charges for letting it run wild.

While it was a beautiful animal what about the people's lives it upset by killing / maiming their pets as well as the lives of the pets it killed? I have far my sympathy for them than this dog.

Had it come into my yard and attacked one of my dogs it would have met the same fate.

Carl C
04-18-2008, 08:16 AM
Had it come into my yard and attacked one of my dogs it would have met the same fate. I keep the paintball gun handy for that. I unloaded on a black lab a while back that was in my yard bothering my dogs in their pens. This dog was foaming at the mouth and wouldn't leave when I yelled at it so out came the auto mag which has the pressure cranked up so high sometimes it shoots supersonic (sonic crack like a rifle!). BTW, I don't play paintball anymore. They'd kick me off the field with that gun. Maybe worse.