PDA

View Full Version : Last Call 17 ft. Formula Jr. Inboard Hull For Sale

rustnrot
04-15-2008, 10:47 AM
Here's the deal. I have this Formula Jr. hull that I got off ebay two years ago for $800. I have decided NOT to do anything with it. I was going to put a wooden deck on it. What I have is the bare hull bottom and top deck in two pieces with hatch. That is it.

It has got to go by June 1, 2008. By got to go I mean GOT TO GO as I as I must take it to the landfill if not gone by then. I am offering it here and on the formula boats forum before I go to ebay with a starting bid of $10. I will list on ebay either within two weeks or the next time they have a 50 cent listing day whichever comes first.

Since this is not ebay I will set a start price of $300. That means I will take $300 or less. Make me an offer as you can see I will take just about anything to get rid of this. It will cost me $50 to take it to the landfill.

No trailer included, bring you own. Many other pics available. A previous owner of this tried to replace stringers and transom. I would rip out his "work" and start over. I can be reached by cell phone at 706-267-8729. Thanks, Tom Lang, Augusta, GA

cutwater
04-15-2008, 10:52 AM
Tom, can you send pics to < chocksncleats@gmail.com >?

Thanks, John

rustnrot
04-15-2008, 11:05 AM
I uploaded pics here:

http://s104.photobucket.com/albums/m178/rustnrot/Formula%20Jr%20Hull%20For%20Sale/

The pics of the hull on the dollies were taken a few days ago. The pics of the hull on the trailer were taken a couple of years ago. I no longer have the trailer this came on nor is one available. Bring your own.

OFFSHORE GINGER
04-16-2008, 09:11 AM
Tom do you know the age of her ? Tom i sent you an e mail earlier today . I have been looking for a project boat (DONZI) to do a deck of restoration but i think this would be fun project to do . Tom even though i have viewed the pics on rustnrot could you please e mail them to me anyway asap . Thanks , ART

rustnrot
04-16-2008, 09:30 AM
I put a link to all the pics I have in my previous post on this thread. I hope the link works, let me know if it does not.

These things were made in the '60s, I would guess about '63 to '68 or so.

MOP
04-16-2008, 01:24 PM
Tommy I had the 1973 version it was built like a brick chit as seen in your photos, good ride and handling! I love the tumble home transom, getting to old for another project.

Phil

rustnrot
04-16-2008, 05:12 PM
Phil, I'm not as old as you yet but closing fast, looked at my projects, did the math, not gonna get to this one!!

Tall Cotton
04-18-2008, 12:26 PM
Oh to get a trailer and drive three hours...
Ain't got one. Got one I can borrow?
Oh and to find a way to hide it!

rustnrot
04-18-2008, 05:39 PM
No excuse on the trailer. I got one you can borrow. Where in GA are you? I might deliver for fuel.

Tall Cotton
04-19-2008, 07:47 PM
I'm in Warner Robins
As tempting as it is, I really can't.
I have no place to put it, no place to work on it and most of my "boat stuff" is in San Antonio! I'm also gonna have to find a way to get it there as well.
Logistically prohibitive.
Sorry for the head fake. Lovely lines on the boat. I hope it finds a good home.

rustnrot
04-21-2008, 09:08 PM
Good Home?? If you call Eternal Preservation at the Richmond County Landfill, then yes. Pic of boat hull I took to landfill last winter....

Tall Cotton
04-22-2008, 06:12 PM
Good Home?? If you call Eternal Preservation at the Richmond County Landfill, then yes. Pic of boat hull I took to landfill last winter....
(Overwhelmed with guilt and remorse):hangum:

Forino
04-24-2008, 08:25 PM
I would love to take it off your hands but the trip is way to far.

Boatclinic
05-11-2008, 10:03 AM
Before the dump gets it call me
904-343-2900
I have 7 projects in process, but the wife would probably, go for it if all Ihad to do was pick it up. Will save the dump fee.
Don
OH BY the way guys this is what it could look like, I finnished this one last year, full resto.

rr1048
05-11-2008, 12:04 PM
What is the latest status of the Formula Jr.? I would hate to see it junked. I live in Hartwell, GA and might be able to find it a home if you need it. I have numerous projects currently underway but could probably park it somewhere. Does the hull have a title or hull numbers? Thanks, Randy

rustnrot
05-11-2008, 01:10 PM
No hull number or title. But as you know in GA you can register a boat without either as GA does not issue titles for boats. It is simply a matter of sending in the form with your money, a "hull number" and you're registered.

I also had a guy from MI interested (if he had gotten here this past week before I put it on ebay he would have had it for nothing) but I have not heard from him in several days so for kicks yesterday I put it on ebay. On a free item methinks a small deposit is the only way to leverage an eventual pick-up otherwise it will just languish.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=010&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=200223121089&rd=1

It may not sell on ebay. Sooo, as soon as ebay peters out and it does not sell it will be whoever gets here first gets it. I will not "hold" it for anybody for zero dollars except of course if you call in the morning and say you will be here that same day. If you want to stake a claim to it and have me hold it for a few days before you come get it that will cost $.

And if any of you "just gotta" have it now call me at the number on ebay and offer me some dollars and it is yours, I will take it off the market and hold it for a few days till you come get it. Think of it this way, when you're done restoring it, does it really matter after you've spent $25k or more that a hundred was spent initially??

If you want a Bill of Sale, you write it, put what you want on it and I will sign it...

This just in. Today we put Mark's Cobalt on dollies. If someone wants the trailer it was on (shown below) for the Formula Jr. you can have it cheap also. It does have two flat tires on the port side however. I can get more pics of the (now) empty trailer and wheel bolt pattern to fit your spares if anyone is interested...

Tall Cotton
05-11-2008, 09:54 PM
...This just in. Today we put Mark's Cobalt on dollies. If someone wants the trailer it was on (shown below) for the Formula Jr. you can have it cheap also. It does have two flat tires on the port side however. I can get more pics of the (now) empty trailer and wheel bolt pattern to fit your spares if anyone is interested...

That's just WRONG! :wink:

Hey wait a minute. You're not gonna use the trailer? Hmmm... Now I may have a way to get the hull to TX. Pondering, pondering...

rustnrot
05-15-2008, 11:02 AM
Detailed pictures of the trailer are here on this link mixed in with pics of the Cobalt.

http://s104.photobucket.com/albums/m178/rustnrot/Cobalt%20GT500/

rr1048
05-15-2008, 10:50 PM
Is the deck currently on the boat? I have an 18' Donzi, Rocket trailer that I could transport the boat on if I purchase. What is involved in making the hull and deck ready for transport? Thanks, Randy

rustnrot
05-16-2008, 05:52 AM
Hull and deck sitting on some pine straw under a cover at present. Deck (in two pieces) is on hull. Needs to be lifted/winched on trailer and tied down.

Here is ebay link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=010&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=200223121089&rd=1

Looks like it may actually have some value. I'm hoping:
1. High bidder does not cancel bids
2. High bidder does not back out and sends me a check for $8.88 and does not pic up boat.

Go ahead and bid on it at this point. So it'll cost you a few bucks. You're gonna spend hundreds of dollars in fuel to come get it and tens of thousands restoring it....

rustnrot
05-17-2008, 01:50 PM
SOLD on ebay for eight dollars and eighty-eight cents to a fellow from Lake Wylie, SC! Hopefully he will follow thru and pick this up, if not will let you all know. thanks for your support!

rustnrot
05-28-2008, 01:39 PM
It went to the right guy. I had met him before, he redid a 1971 Wriedt that was featured in May 2008 Hot Boat Magazine!

cutwater
05-28-2008, 01:47 PM
Great! Glad to see it go to a good home. I couldn't handle it right now but I would have tried... Hate to see classic hulls in bad shape!

Boatclinic
06-03-2008, 06:12 PM
Great news:shocking: Am happy to see it not go to the dump, Makes me sad when I see these classic old vessels rotting away, guess I know how great any old boat looks, But then I'm old too.. Congrats Rustnrot. Sorry I couldn't raise the bid higher but you know what too many boats can do to you.
Don

drew0982
06-09-2008, 11:34 PM
if it wasn't gonna cost me $1,000+ to get it over to nassau, i might have considered it!