PDA

View Full Version : 21 liberator

DonziChris
04-13-2008, 07:14 PM
I sold my 18 classic in Janurary for a larger boat with cuddy, Just bought a four winns 211 liberator with a 350 mag 270 hp. Can anyone shed some light on these boats. Hope I don't regret the sale of the 18, But hoping the liberator is more boat for the big water, I boat on Lake St Clair in Michigan.
Thanks Chris

boldts
04-18-2008, 10:11 PM
Hello Chris. Back when I was looking for my 1st boat some 20 to 25 years ago. I was looking at the Liberator very strongly. That was until I found my 18 Classic sitting in a showroom on a small inland lake up North here in Ohio. I wanted the 24' model though with the big block 460 Ford. It had a flat transom with none of that molded in swim platform stuff that was becoming the norm. The 21 had the swope back styling and swim platform. I'm a bit square I guess LOL

I liked them. Good luck with your new to you boat. Should be drier at least than your Classic was on St. Clair. LOL

DonziChris
04-19-2008, 08:01 AM
Thanks Scott, I'am going to water test and hopefully pick up the boat this morning. My boat is more the old school look with the teak swim platform, And more teak inside the ****pit, with the 270hp mag and transom exhaust, I hope it rides and runs well. I know it's not a donzi but excited just the same.
Take care Chris

glashole
04-19-2008, 08:16 AM
if its what i am thinking about it should be a great boat

those old Four Winns are real heavy good running rough water boats

have fun

Shea

MOP
04-19-2008, 09:21 AM
Four Winns has always made a good boat, I doubt you will be unhappy. The added length and weight will make for a much better ride.

Phil

chappy
04-19-2008, 07:13 PM
http://www.boattrader.com/listing/1988-FOUR-WINNS-211-Liberator-89951005

We've got a lot of these on our lake as well. This ad might be similar to what you're getting. I agree with the above, good boats in rough water.

DonziChris
04-20-2008, 02:07 AM
Picked up the boat today, It ran and handled very well, Much better than I expected. After owning a Donzi I may have underated these boats. Looks very much like the one on boat trader. But has the stainless exhaust tipps under the swim platform, just above the water line. Thanks for all the input guys have a save and fun summer of boating. Shea, wish I had the extra cash for your 22, That sure is one nice looking boat, No wonder the 18 ran faster with your old guages.
Take care Chris

boldts
04-25-2008, 07:34 AM
Thanks Chappy for the BoatTrader link. Yep, thats the styling I liked when I was looking at them before finding my 18 Classic.