PDA

View Full Version : New IMCO Xtreme and wing plate installed today

Conquistador_del_mar
04-12-2008, 07:52 PM
I thought I would show the new IMCO Xtreme Advantage drive and SS wing plate for the dual ram steering that I installed today. The wing plate with the drive shower had to be modified by a local welder for my application, but it started as an IMCO SS 1/2" thick wing plate that was about twice as long as it is now. Since the Xtreme could use the cooling of water passing through it from the low water pickup, I decided to make a shower hose that tapped into the water cavity side of the Bravo drive by drilling and tapping a 3/8" pipe treaded hole in the drive side as shown in the picture. The water port is capped on the inside of the transom assembly since I use an external water pickup. I am anxious to get out and try everything out including the new race built and milled BBC rectangular port heads that I installed. I am also including a picture of the engine that I painted to go with the black and gold theme of my older boat. Bill

Sam
04-12-2008, 08:12 PM
Fabulous !!!!!! :wink:

gcarter
04-12-2008, 08:19 PM
Very nice work indeed! :eek!:

BlownCrewCab
04-12-2008, 08:59 PM
Whats the plate the gimbal is mounted to. Did there used to be some other brand of drive on there? or is there some other reason. Just wondering..

Conquistador_del_mar
04-13-2008, 01:25 AM
Whats the plate the gimbal is mounted to. Did there used to be some other brand of drive on there? or is there some other reason. Just wondering..

The boat originally had a Volvo Penta drive, but it would not hold up to the HP. About 10 years ago, I designed and built the 1/2" aluminum plate to both beef up the transom (spread the load) and cover the larger Volvo hole. I painted it with black Imron and bolted it with SS button head bolts and 5200 after cutting the Bravo hole about 3" above the highest X dimension Mercruiser states is maximum after talking to some speed experts in Florida. It will barely get on plane, but it does great after planing off. It runs almost like a surface drive with a rooster tail, but it really moves for the limited horsepower (550-600). It has rock solid steering with the dual rams, and it is a blast to drive on top of the chop at about 70MPH (still using pump gas). Since the boat has dual 35 gallon tanks, I installed a remote fuel crossover so I can run on super unleaded until I want to run it hard on 110 racing fuel (overkill) from the other tank. I am guessing that the new top speed will approach 100MPH from the previous 93MPH. Just thought I would tell a little more about it than just answering your question. Bill

samjannarone
04-14-2008, 06:01 PM
Gorgeous boat, flawless work. What kind of headers are they?

Conquistador_del_mar
04-14-2008, 08:04 PM
Gorgeous boat, flawless work. What kind of headers are they?

The exhaust system is just an old set of aluminum logs (Hardin, I think) which have almost no restriction. They work great! If I ever have problems with them, I have backups in stock. The extensions are welded on instead of bolted together. Since I boat in fresh water, they hold up well. Thanks, Bill

Air 22
04-14-2008, 08:06 PM
Very Impressive..indeed!!:cool::wink::yes::salute: