PDA

View Full Version : Knoxville Donzi Group Gathering

RedDog
04-12-2008, 05:18 PM
A few of us got together and motored to downtown to visit the local on the water boat show. No Donzis provided by the dealers but Genuine Trouble represented well...
http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=35283&stc=1&d=1208038613

Donzi Vol
04-12-2008, 05:43 PM
Had a blast. Thanks for taking us out in the 22, Tim!

BlownCrewCab
04-12-2008, 07:06 PM
I Wish I could have made it but it was too nice of day to miss Glassing more On Donzi Vol's Stringers. I'm still itching right now. can we get an itching smiley:eek:

Glad you all had fun...

cutwater
04-12-2008, 07:24 PM
Great day on the water. Thanks again Tim.

Donzi Vol
04-12-2008, 09:56 PM
I Wish I could have made it but it was too nice of day to miss Glassing more On Donzi Vol's Stringers. I'm still itching right now. can we get an itching smiley:eek:

Glad you all had fun...

You were missed...but... :wink:

Donzi Racer
04-12-2008, 11:44 PM

Glad you all had fun...

Excuse the thread theft but has anyone ever seen a brand new 42 year old barrel back that will run 80 mph? This is two artist renditions of what a barrel back should be. A true work of art. I am sick to see it go, but it is finished and I am saying good bye today. Since one of this thread contributers is the main artist of this beauty and he has not seen it completed yet, I thought all would enjoy seeing it. Also since my Nephew will be getting one similar to this one done by the same artist, I wanted to give him a glimpse of what he can expect. Now does that put enough pressure on you Mike? ha ha Enjoy, I am sitting back just admiring it all day today. Tom

Donzi Vol
04-12-2008, 11:53 PM
Oh man, I'm getting all hot and bothered here! That really looks great, and I know it drives like a dream! Amazing boat, Mike. Now let's go for a 2nd one...

Donzi Racer
04-13-2008, 12:06 AM
Had a blast. Thanks for taking us out in the 22, Tim!

You guys look like it was a good day. It was a good day in middle Florida in Lake Mary also. Here are the final pics of the Barrel Back finished and flat Beautiful. I knew it would be nice but it is beyond beautiful. A true Work Of Art!!! Thanks Mike for letting me a small part of it. I have already offered the new owner a nice profit to no avail. Maybe he will want a larger one soon and I can trade him back out of it. Going to bed now! Tommy the Racing Boy

BlownCrewCab
04-13-2008, 10:46 AM
I Hope I don't hear about someone being hurt cause they had too much boat.. I thought you where going to put a smaller motor in it. It was a little too much for the Inexperienced...He can call me if he wants and I'll tell him how to govern it down for his daughter...

Mike

Donzi Racer
04-13-2008, 01:40 PM
I Hope I don't hear about someone being hurt cause they had too much boat.. I thought you where going to put a smaller motor in it. It was a little too much for the Inexperienced...He can call me if he wants and I'll tell him how to govern it down for his daughter...

Mike

I took him out in it yesterday and he scared the "you know what" out of me. I got over in the Velocity boat and gave him the reins. I tried to show him what I could. He was wanting it so soon, did not have the time for a motorswap. Can we set the rev limiter to 4500? Anyway it rolled up on him pretty good yesterday with me shooting photos. I think it got his attention. he has a lot of boating experience, just not hot rod Donzi's. He has assured me that the daughter will not be allowed in it without him holding the kill switch. He said he may let the wife drive it but she likes things nice and slow. I will tell you it is flat ready for showing. Need to have HOT BOAT do a spread. Much better in person than the pictures. NEXT! Hahahahahahahah

Donzi Racer
04-13-2008, 01:48 PM
[quote=RedDog;445376]A few of us got together and motored to downtown to visit the local on the water boat show. No Donzis provided by the dealers but Genuine Trouble represented well...

By the way REDDOG, Great looking 22. Very unique color. Don't get my nephew too used to a 22 footer, the 18 is already going to be enough. ha hahahahah

RedDog
04-13-2008, 07:56 PM
[quote=RedDog;445376]A few of us got together and motored to downtown to visit the local on the water boat show. No Donzis provided by the dealers but Genuine Trouble represented well...

By the way REDDOG, Great looking 22. Very unique color. Don't get my nephew too used to a 22 footer, the 18 is already going to be enough. ha hahahahah

Yeah - we had some fun for a first outing of the season. First time to meet both DonziVol and Miss Cutwater. Too bad it wasn't only Miss Cutwater along for the ride instead of all the other stiffs. She's a cute one and even denied that I scared her on a 70 mph run chasing a local Nortech. Hummm - maybe if it was only her along for the ride we would have caught it - or not even tried...

Cutwater - she's a real keeper. I'd keep her close

Donzi Vol
04-13-2008, 08:56 PM
[quote=Donzi Racer;445465]

Yeah - we had some fun for a first outing of the season. First time to meet both DonziVol and Miss Cutwater. Too bad it wasn't only Miss Cutwater along for the ride instead of all the other stiffs. She's a cute one and even denied that I scared her on a 70 mph run chasing a local Nortech. Hummm - maybe if it was only her along for the ride we would have caught it - or not even tried...

Cutwater - she's a real keeper. I'd keep her close

Haha. Better watch out, Cutwater! Hilarious. But all joking aside, she is a really cool young lady. And any girl that would hang out with us crazy Donzi fools AND have fun is one to hang onto! Does she have a sister??:wink:

cutwater
04-13-2008, 10:21 PM
She's a cute one and even denied that I scared her on a 70 mph run chasing a local Nortech. Hummm - maybe if it was only her along for the ride we would have caught it - or not even tried...

"or not even tried"... Haha, ain't that the truth!! :wink:

Does she have a sister??:wink:

Sorry - two brothers... I think that's why she's so cool...

Seriously, we both had a great time on Tim's beauty of a 22. I'm really looking forward to this season & meeting up with you guys again soon.

Donzi Vol
04-13-2008, 10:34 PM
I second that, sir. I went by and took a look at the triple after the "boat show," and she's coming along. We'll get her on the water soon enough! Of course I don't think this one will be chasing any 100mph boats down the river...

Dr. Dan
04-14-2008, 08:25 AM
:spongebob:Tim,

I hope these guys you hooked up with are coming to AOTH VIII next month? Not sure I saw their names on the list or not!

Thanks for sharing the pic of your quick gathering...

Still waiting over here.... but it's getting close to Splash time.

Hope they can make Lake Cumberland.

Doc of 1st Run Splashes :wavey:

Donzi Vol
04-14-2008, 08:37 AM
:spongebob:Tim,

I hope these guys you hooked up with are coming to AOTH VIII next month? Not sure I saw their names on the list or not!

Thanks for sharing the pic of your quick gathering...

Still waiting over here.... but it's getting close to Splash time.

Hope they can make Lake Cumberland.

Doc of 1st Run Splashes :wavey:

I plan to attend, just haven't gotten to register yet. Still working out some details. We're still trying to get cutwater to cancel a heck of a trip so he can go too. We'll see how that goes!

cutwater
04-14-2008, 09:19 AM
Sorry Doc, I'm not going to be able to make it this year. :doh: I'm already planning for next year though...

This May I'm heading out West with some good friends, going to cover everything along the coast from Washington state to San Diego. I haven't taken a real vacation in a year and a half, so I'm pretty pumped about it. I hate to miss AOTH though.