PDA

View Full Version : Q&Q Exhaust

rtgogo
04-12-2008, 04:17 PM
When your running the exhaust thru the outdrive should any rumble be coming thru the hull? Not that i mind it so much because it sounds throaty, but just wasn't sure if i may need to check or replace some failing part. Just noticed that when we're idle at the dock she seems to rumble a good bit louder than others. Sounds like a beast when i actually flip the thru hull option!:eek:

Added a few billet parts today....interior is starting to shape up....

Carl C
04-12-2008, 05:44 PM
The butterflys seal pretty good on mine so very little exhaust comes out the tips. Must just be that big ass motor.

rtgogo
04-12-2008, 06:12 PM
Thank You! I'm grinnin ear to ear....somethin in the belly of the beast must not be workin right. I noticed the flaps a chatterin this morning even with the polite exhaust selected....hmmmm

Carl C
04-12-2008, 06:35 PM
They will blow open if the lower exhaust gets plugged. You need to check things out.

rtgogo
04-12-2008, 06:58 PM
Can you give me a lil more details on what to look for to unclog things? Where should i start breakin her down?Sorry for my ignorance, my first boat......Thanks!

Carl C
04-12-2008, 07:27 PM
First check the flapper linkage for binding then check and make sure the solonoids are closing the flappers with lots of force. I think your problem is probably in this area. If the exhaust is plugged you will need to pull off the exh tips and Y pipes to check for obstruction and raise the drive and check back there too. Honestly I don't know how this could get plugged so I think your problem is up top and I'm assuming you have electric solonoids on the y pipes.

Morgan's Cloud
04-14-2008, 06:51 AM
Mine don't seal perfectly when on the 'silent mode' and never did. I always assumed this was normal . Yours may be functioning just fine.

Greg
04-15-2008, 01:38 PM
I have the C.C. and mine don't seal fully either. It sure does quiet it down though.

rtgogo
04-15-2008, 02:44 PM
A guy at the dock made a comment about how good she sounded last weekend. The exhaust was in quiet mode so....I flipped the switch...the thru hull made quiet mode sound like the tiny rummble of baby bear ..........think he was a lil embarrassed....I wuz a proud dadddy...:cool:

Carl C
04-15-2008, 02:54 PM
It sounds like you are good to go. The Q&Q can be fun. What boat and motor do you have?

The Hedgehog
04-15-2008, 03:35 PM
Some knock it down totally and some don't. The Corsa setup on my 502 would pretty much kill the sound all the way while idleing around. It was sort of wild around the docks once I took off the baffled tips. It would go from totally quiet to a loud bite at the flick of the switch. I would see where it you ran it through hub at high rpm a bunch that it might wear on the seals. On Tex's 500 EFI it just takes the bite out.

rtgogo
04-15-2008, 03:52 PM
I have a 2000 22ZX with 454MAG EFI.....I look forward to this season....Havn't gotten to know her much yet...