PDA

View Full Version : CMI Liquid Sound Mufflers

SilverBack
04-10-2008, 06:47 AM
Did you guys that went to the Miami Boat Show see any new CMI mufflers that are called Liquid Sound mufflers? Has anyone here seen then on a running engine?

Last Real Texan
04-10-2008, 08:52 AM
I'm back.....................I did not see them but I have read about them and I seem to think they are way tooooo much $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Go with something that is reasonable and works effectively, Drew marine Shotgun silencers come to mind. Or go full time with Gibson or GGB's

How is the project coming together? Get it done!

Tex

The Hedgehog
04-10-2008, 08:57 AM
I'm back.....................I did not see them but I have read about them and I seem to think they are way tooooo much $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Go with something that is reasonable and works effectively, Drew marine Shotgun silencers come to mind. Or go full time with Gibson or GGB's
How is the project coming together? Get it done!
Tex

Glad to see you back.

BigGrizzly
04-10-2008, 09:17 AM
I have seen them and heard them. They work and look great. Wish I had the $$$.

mjw930
04-10-2008, 11:18 AM
CMI's press release was dated February 15, 2005. I'm surprised it would still be considered "new" in 2008 unless they never delivered a product in the last 3 years?

How much are they and are there any published reviews, sound files, etc?

MOP
04-10-2008, 12:00 PM
I don't like the look of my Gil's much less these, to me they are to boxey looking to be hanging off the transom.

SilverBack
04-10-2008, 08:58 PM
Grizz,
Where did you hear them. They say that they will knock the noice down to 78 decibels. Who can you buy them from?

BigGrizzly
04-11-2008, 09:27 AM
We had the prototypes about three years ago. now there are a couple of hyper boats here with them. They are pretty quiet. Even WFO they are pretty nice. Funny they don't sound anemic just nice. The news flash from 3 years ago weren't the same they did look like them but they were different. In my system I have 1/2 the wave system and are not bad. I want them for my little boat.