PDA

View Full Version : Donzi Tags...Whats on Your Bumper?

Barry Eller
04-08-2008, 06:17 PM
Sitting on my front porch, strumming my 12 string, looking at my Donzi plate on my truck, drinking a cold Pabst Blue Ribbon, I thought about the Registry and that its members must all have some kind of personal plate on the front of their vehicles...show them to us.

I have a vintage Donzi Marine Racing Team plate on the front of my Chevy truck. Denise has her almamater Tennessee power "T" on the front of her car.

Whatcha Got?

BUIZILLA
04-08-2008, 06:23 PM
my tag is like your's

my beer choice isn't though... :cool:

Barry Eller
04-08-2008, 06:30 PM
my tag is like your's
my beer choice isn't though... :cool:

I saw the Pabst in the grocery store today, I hadn't had it in 20+years...I got a 12 pack...now I know why I haven't had it in 20 years!!! Where is my Guinness?:drinkbeer:

hardcrab
04-08-2008, 06:59 PM
Maryland requires a front tag displayed, I don't see the benefit. This really sucks on street rods.

BTW - don't spill your beer , a Pabst smear is unsightly.
:doh:

Donzi Vol
04-08-2008, 07:02 PM
I saw the Pabst in the grocery store today, I hadn't had it in 20+years...I got a 12 pack...now I know why I haven't had it in 20 years!!! Where is my Guinness?:drinkbeer:

Shoot, where I come from PBR is a staple drink. And by that I mean college bars. There are a couple places around UT that serve $1.00 PBR's from time-to-time. I still find myself picking up a sixer or two from the grocery store every now and again.

Oh and my Chevy Colorado doesn't have a place for a front tag:(

onesubdrvr
04-08-2008, 07:02 PM
You know, I don't have one on any of my vehicles,..... but as I have my own Vinyl cutting equipment, maybe I'll add one soon. Also, I'm going to be getting an enclosed trailer for my R/C stuff, so I think it'll need a nice big Donzi logo and a SEADOGS logo as well :hyper:

I think it's a great idea!!

Wayne

chappy
04-08-2008, 07:09 PM
Stars and bars, I guess.

Marlin275
04-08-2008, 07:14 PM
Donzi.net decal on the bumper.

mphatc
04-08-2008, 07:53 PM
Nothing on my bumper . . but I placed a full size "DONZI" factory decal on the upper rear corners of my P/U bed . . just like the boats

most folks ask . . "Is that a special package from Ford?" :doh:

Mario

Barry Eller
04-08-2008, 09:17 PM
Shoot, where I come from PBR is a staple drink. And by that I mean college bars. There are a couple places around UT that serve $1.00 PBR's from time-to-time. I still find myself picking up a sixer or two from the grocery store every now and again.

Oh and my Chevy Colorado doesn't have a place for a front tag:(

I think I have been in a few of those bars. Charlie Peppers I remember...some I don't...

My Mother-In-Law lives in Knoxville...I get up there occasionally...usually Christmas and not good boating weather.
I would like to drag the Donzi up for a Vol Navy Football game. If my mother-in-law will stay home!

Barry Eller
04-08-2008, 09:19 PM
Stars and bars, I guess.

Nothing wrong with our Nations Colors!!!

I love our Country.

cutwater
04-08-2008, 10:48 PM
I think I have been in a few of those bars. Charlie Peppers I remember...some I don't...

My Mother-In-Law lives in Knoxville...I get up there occasionally...usually Christmas and not good boating weather.
I would like to drag the Donzi up for a Vol Navy Football game. If my mother-in-law will stay home!

Bring it up this fall, Barry. I'm going to be Vol Navy for at least a few games this year. DonziVol's triple hatch should be ready by then, and I think RickR is out there some game days. (sorry for the hijack!) I don't even have a tow vehicle...

Donzi Vol
04-09-2008, 12:01 AM
Bring it up this fall, Barry. I'm going to be Vol Navy for at least a few games this year. DonziVol's triple hatch should be ready by then, and I think RickR is out there some game days. (sorry for the hijack!) I don't even have a tow vehicle...

Come on up, Barry. I've got us taken care of for the Vol Navy. On the way home from visiting Uncle Tom a few months ago I ran into a Knox guy in the airport. Long story short, he's got a 50 something foot cruiser that he docks in the navy every year and he invited me and whoever else to join. I asked him how large a boat needs to be to tie up, and he told me about some kids that tied up in a john boat with a fan straped to the back. Only in the south! I love it! Cutwater, I've got a truck that should haul the Minx. We'll try it anyway. And sad to say, but I've heard that the Charlie Peppers downtown is closed. :( Sad day since they had some of the best wings in town.

Team Jefe
04-09-2008, 07:01 AM
Texas too requires both plates.

On my F-350 I have a Ranchhand bumper on the front with a recepticle hitch and put my Donzi Hitch cover on it....Very cool. I also have a Donzi Classic Side decal on my back window.

On the Mega cab, No front recepticle so the hitch cover wentr to Haba-masta for his new H2. and I put a new school Donzi Z Decal on the back window. It matches the ones I put on the Revenge's Trailer a few years back.

Of course I do have this really cool Donzi Fishing Plate from an unknown benefactor....I wish I had a better palce to mount it.

Z-Man
04-09-2008, 08:13 AM
Got this one as a gift.

Carl C
04-09-2008, 10:41 AM
Does the back window count?

DonziChick
04-09-2008, 11:35 AM
I don't really have a place to put a decal. Ohio requires a front license plate. My rear license plate has Bowling Green State on it. I don't think I want to stick a decal on the Jeep rear plastic. Any ideas? Anyone make a Donzi license plate holder?

Ed Donnelly
04-09-2008, 06:03 PM
DonziChick;Sorry, I thought you said Donnelly licence plate holder............Ed

FOSTER
04-09-2008, 06:14 PM
Not the bumper but same idea. Used to drink Schlitz when I was a young pup bought a 12 pack a couple weeks ago, might buy another.

Barry Eller
04-09-2008, 06:26 PM
Not the bumper but same idea. Used to drink Schlitz when I was a young pup bought a 12 pack a couple weeks ago, might buy another.

The first beer I ever had was a Schlitz. I saw Schlitz in the grocery store next to the Pabst. I may have to try it again. The Pabst was really pretty good!

chappy
04-09-2008, 06:58 PM
I'll follow Ed's lead and show the rear bumper.

fegettes
04-10-2008, 07:19 PM
I suppose you can interpret Donzi in several ways. This is mine. :yes:

Ed Donnelly
04-10-2008, 08:20 PM
fegettes; Lucky You... Can't get personalized trailer plates
in Ontario :doh: ............Ed

Ed Donnelly
04-10-2008, 08:24 PM
chappy; Tried to get just DONZI but some guy with a Mercedes had just got it.......I called him and asked what Donzi did he own?? His reply was what is a Donzi and he didn't own a boat..Ed

chappy
04-11-2008, 07:28 AM
chappy; Tried to get just DONZI but some guy with a Mercedes had just got it.......I called him and asked what Donzi did he own?? His reply was what is a Donzi and he didn't own a boat..Ed
:frown:

CHACHI
04-11-2008, 09:38 AM
Ed, how much clearance do you have between the right side of the Pantera and the cinder block wall?

Must sound sweet with the 'trapps.

Ken

Ed Donnelly
04-11-2008, 04:45 PM
Ken; 4" A TIGHT fit..

Put the Trapps on when I moved into the new neighbourhood
in 94.. Had 2 discs on each trapp and the engine wouldn't turn over 3400 r.p.m. Now I run 10 on each trapp..........Ed

catch 22
04-11-2008, 07:50 PM
My truck and the wife's corvette.

Donzi Vol
04-11-2008, 10:09 PM
On my way to Knox down I-81 tonight a Cadillac passed me VERY quickly and the tag read, "WTF MOVE". Took me a second, but when I figured it out I almost ran off the road I was laughing so hard. Seems like that should be a front tag, though...