PDA

View Full Version : Props...Who have you had the best luck with??

SilverBack
04-08-2008, 04:03 PM
Who have you had the best luck with on a custom prop? Hering, Throttle up, BBlades or Turbo? Other??

BUIZILLA
04-08-2008, 06:21 PM
actually, that should be 2 poll's... using the word *custom* changes the poll's validity :wink:

SilverBack
04-08-2008, 06:27 PM
Buiz,
I was thinking that "Custom" prop is going to be what I end up with. I think all of the above listed outfits have "Custom" props. If you were going to open it up to off the shelf props you would have to include Mercury, Hydromotive and others. I know that you can still see these props in a "custom" or blue printed or labbed version from some of the companies that are mentioned above.

With that being said...what do you think??

BUIZILLA
04-08-2008, 06:31 PM
your combining manufacturer's with sellers/tuners... JMO

SilverBack
04-08-2008, 06:38 PM
Point taken! I see your point. I guess that was just thinking a certain way and didn't take that into account. You are right! Mercury will lab their prop and Hydromotive will to and BBlades is a whole different kind of outfit. What do you think that I should do to correct this?

LKSD
04-09-2008, 07:39 AM
I am a fan of Throttle up props.. :) Jamie

MOP
04-09-2008, 08:02 AM
I took Griz's advice and put a Turbo on mine and am very happy, but that being said you can talk about props all day. Even boats of the same size & setup like different props, trial and error is the only way to get it right.

Carl C
04-09-2008, 08:05 AM
I think BBlades quit doing custom work and now manufactures and sells it's own line of props. My vote for "other" was for Mercury Racing. It's true, this thread isn't exactly comparing apples to apples but let's see where it goes.:propeller:

mrfixxall
04-09-2008, 10:50 AM
Like buiz said every boat reacts differant on the same boats.

I like using dah propeller because he knows his propellers, you tell him what you want your boat to do and it does it plus if you want to change somthing on your prop he wont charge you the second time like most other places do:wink:

http://www.dahpropellers.com/

Mr X
04-09-2008, 06:07 PM
Like buiz said every boat reacts differant on the same boats.
Huh? :confused:

amabbott
04-09-2008, 10:58 PM
:hangum:

FISHIN SUCKS
04-10-2008, 12:37 AM
Keith, you should wait until you get up to AOTH, Turbo will be there and you can try all the props you want (w/in reason) to see what you like. Contact them ahead of time to let them know what you have so that they can bring some good suggestions.

my $.02

blackhawk
04-10-2008, 05:43 PM
I think BBlades quit doing custom work and now manufactures and sells it's own line of props. My vote for "other" was for Mercury Racing. It's true, this thread isn't exactly comparing apples to apples but let's see where it goes.:propeller:

Carl, not sure where you heard this but the heart of his business is still custom labbing. In fact I just got my Bravo 28 back from him a few weeks ago. Great guy and does great work!

Carl C
04-10-2008, 05:50 PM
Carl, not sure where you heard this but the heart of his business is still custom labbing. In fact I just got my Bravo 28 back from him a few weeks ago. Great guy and does great work! I read something about it in one of the mags.:propeller:

blackhawk
04-10-2008, 06:11 PM
I read something about it in one of the mags.:propeller:

I bet it his "leading edge" (http://www.bblades.com/images/PDFs/LEPropsBrochure2006.pdf) propellers. He is still going strong with custom labs!

I may throw a ski mask on and test out my Bravo if the lake is open this weekend! :D

smokediver
04-10-2008, 06:29 PM
i have a turbo on my 18 ... then i put a labbed mirage plus on it , courtesy of Buiz ... Totally different boat ... the labbed finish prop is GREAT .....my boat ran faster and handled better .. everything better .... on my boat ...

Carl C
04-14-2008, 07:19 AM

Carl, not sure where you heard this but the heart of his business is still custom labbing. In fact I just got my Bravo 28 back from him a few weeks ago. Great guy and does great work!

Well I knew I didn't imagine this so I dug out the mags and found the article on page 45 of the April Powerboat.

According to the article it is Throttle-Up that is changing their focus.