PDA

View Full Version : Update,... not important, but an update anyway

onesubdrvr
04-07-2008, 07:12 PM
Well HELLO to all my Donzi peeps! A very friendly member sent me a quick e-mail today (much appreciated :wink::)) and wanted to know if I had fallen off the face of the earth, so I figured I'd make an appearance.

It has been quite a long time since I've spent any real time on here as life has been keeping my quite busy. First, as everyone knows, I have managed to father 5 children :shocking: and being a true father keeps me busy. As if the normal family life and work wasn't enough, my wife and I both decided to pursue our BS degrees. Hers in accounting, and mine in Software Engineering. Cari (my wife) finished her degree in January, and is feverishly looking for a greener pasture in which to be employed. She recently interviewed for a compliance position with FPL, and it's looking pretty hopeful. Myself, I've just been trudging away with work (air compressors), and finding a little escape with my R/C toys to maintain my saninty until such time in my life that a Donzi is parked in the driveway again. I finish my degree in December, but not to be too much of a slacker, I have started doing custom paint work (on R/C toys / etc.), vinyl signage (car / truck lettering, signs, storefronts / etc.), and am in the process of getting a dedicated web server for web hosting sites that I design for customers. These little side businesses currently only pay for my materials, and a little spending cash for me :wink:.

So, as you can see, we have been keeping very busy, but I do appreciate the funny jokes I get from you guys, and the queries as to my whereabouts and well being. I have started glancing at the classifieds from time to time looking for a boat, but realize that it will likely be after I've gotten a "real" job that I'll get one.

I missed the home-town gathering this past year (though right in my back-yard), which was quite depressing after the great time I had the year before, but, as the song states (one of my favorites), "The futures so bright, I've got to wear shades" (though it doesn't seem like it all the time I must admit).

Anyway, I feel better now that I've dropped a line, and as always hope to meet up again with all my friends again soon!

Wayne

Ed Donnelly
04-07-2008, 07:22 PM
Wayne; My son Patrick has been checking out your web site.
He has saved up for a helo.. Don't be surprised if you get a Canadian order around June..
Don't be a stranger.......Ed

Kirbyvv
04-07-2008, 07:22 PM
Good to hear your doing great. I think of you every time I push the trim button on the 280T. good luck. You'll be back in no time.

SilverBack
04-07-2008, 07:39 PM
Good to hear from you Wayne!! I know that we have not met but I know that you helped me with the Ragazza and I hope that you are able to get back into a Donzi as soon as you are able. It is a shame that some of these guys don't realize how nice those boats are. I still miss having mine and I know that my wife and kids would trade my ZX for a Ragazza in a heart beat if they could!! Good luck and hope to see you at a gathering soon!!

onesubdrvr
04-07-2008, 07:49 PM
Wayne; My son Patrick has been checking out your web site.
He has saved up for a helo.. Don't be surprised if you get a Canadian order around June..
Don't be a stranger.......Ed
Ed,

I do intend on spending more and more time here again, I am through most of my real tough courses, and can begin spending some "relaxing" time on the computer again.

The heli's have been great fun for me, and quite the challenge to fly, but funny enough, I enjoy painting the canopies as much as I like flying. I have a different approach than many of the guys that paint them as I involve the customer from before the design phase. I give ideas, and refine customers ideas, but ultimately, like the Donzi's, I feel they are very personal, and should be personalized to the persons personality.

I'll see 'ya around, and thanks again for the e-mails :)

Wayne

onesubdrvr
04-07-2008, 07:53 PM
Good to hear your doing great. I think of you every time I push the trim button on the 280T. good luck. You'll be back in no time.
Kirby,... you suck :wink: just kidding of course, I'm just insanely jealous of your boat, but most importantly, I am SO glad that the 280T went to a good home, and is getting a good work-out.

The X-18 has always been my favorite 18, and possibly my favorite Donzi, and some-day in the near future, I'll get all my ducks in a row and get a new toy. I've been trying to decide between an 18 and a 22, and because of my size may opt for the 22, but in my opinion, the 18 is still "Daddy's Corvette" :hyper:

Anyway, good to see it's getting a good workout, and good to hear from 'ya again

Wayne

ps MANY thanks to Poodle and all those involved in getting the drive up to you!

onesubdrvr
04-07-2008, 07:58 PM
Good to hear from you Wayne!! I know that we have not met but I know that you helped me with the Ragazza and I hope that you are able to get back into a Donzi as soon as you are able. It is a shame that some of these guys don't realize how nice those boats are. I still miss having mine and I know that my wife and kids would trade my ZX for a Ragazza in a heart beat if they could!! Good luck and hope to see you at a gathering soon!!
You know, it's funny you mention the Ragazza. I had a blast with mine, which face it, is what it's all about. I caught a fair amount of flack with it, but feel I did a pretty good job with it. It ran solid, looked good (even for a Bow-Rider :wink:) and got me involved with ALOT of great people.

The Ragazzas certainly aren't for everyone, and certainly not what one thinks of when they think Donzi, but again, the important thing for anyone to remember here is that your boat is supposed to make you and your family happy, not everyone else around you.

The Ragazza may not have been Donzi's moment of glory, but are fine boats, and ALOT of fun :):)

We'll catch up some day I'm sure!
Wayne

Team Jefe
04-07-2008, 08:58 PM
Wayne good to see you come up for air and that y'all are doing well. Its also good to see you "living" while you're still trying to make a better life for you and fam. Some folks tend to forget that life is that thing that happens even when we are waiting for it to happen.

onesubdrvr
04-07-2008, 09:22 PM
It's about time for a breakfast meeting my friend.. Been WAY to long..
Yes sir, it certainly has. The return to my previous employer has been good and bad. The good side is I'm around home more, and making the same money, down side,.... I'm bored. I've been doing the same crap for so long, I've gotten tired of it (hence the schooling too). I'm due to take a day or two off soon, I'll give you a shout when I do, and I'll head down there and pick up the lunch tab :)

Talk to you soon!
Wayne

onesubdrvr
04-07-2008, 09:25 PM
Wayne good to see you come up for air and that y'all are doing well. Its also good to see you "living" while you're still trying to make a better life for you and fam. Some folks tend to forget that life is that thing that happens even when we are waiting for it to happen.
Thanks Jefe,

Yeah, sometimes I forget I'm a mammal and need air :bonk:. I am trying to make a better life, but realize too that much time can be lost in the pursuit - you have to find a balance, something I think needs constant tweaking.

I hope all is going well for you, last I heard you were down in Cabo(?) getting married, and hope you are still as happy now as you were then,.... and if something has gone wrong (I have been away for a while) my deepest sympathies,....

Best wishes bud, talk to you soon!
Wayne

ChromeGorilla
04-08-2008, 12:19 AM
Wyane, it's been a while my friend. Thats great you and the wifey finished your degrees! Congrats to the both of you!

Believe it or not I'm in India right now.... I quit my job at Michelin and tried something new..... and I haven't looked back brother. Oh...and I'm moving to FL....

Hope to see ya soon at an event...and I always got a seat for ya in Damn Yankee.......:smash:

Take care,
Scott

onesubdrvr
04-08-2008, 05:51 PM
Wyane, it's been a while my friend. Thats great you and the wifey finished your degrees! Congrats to the both of you!

Believe it or not I'm in India right now.... I quit my job at Michelin and tried something new..... and I haven't looked back brother. Oh...and I'm moving to FL....

Hope to see ya soon at an event...and I always got a seat for ya in Damn Yankee.......:smash:

Take care,
Scott
It certainly has been a while :) . I tell 'ya, I remember when you had Damn Yankee up for sale, and I must say, I'm glad it didn't sell,..... of course, I don't think you were trying THAT hard to sell it :wink:. It'll be good to have you back in Florida, and will take you up on that ride some time I'm sure,.... But, just to clarify, I don't finish until December, only 8 months away now :hyper:

Wayne