PDA

View Full Version : AOTH 8 Safety Requirements & Registration

roadtrip se
04-07-2008, 04:13 PM
For seven years, we have hosted this gathering of “like-minded individuals”, to quote a Sea Dog, and had an absolute ball. Based on the hotel bookings, this year looks like it will be no different with record attendance!

Unfortunately, over the past couple of years there have been incidents at other boating events in the country where people have been injured or lost their lives. Like it or not, performance boating can be dangerous and sometimes accidents do happen. The Midwest Donzi Club has always believed that our event has been attended by safe-minded people out to have a good time and that if, God forbid something were to happen, that the individuals involved would be accountable for their actions. Our thinking has not changed in this regard.

But the boats are not getting slower, we run in tight formation for long distances, and the number of people in attendance is pretty significant. With this in mind, we are requesting a couple of changes for the AOTH 8 in the name of improving safety and limiting exposure to everyone involved, if something were to happen.

While running your boats on the organized group runs, the Lees Ford Lunch Run and the Fun Run, we will be asking that all participants in the boats wear life jackets. We will also ask that drivers wear their kill switch tethers, unless their boat is not equipped with one.

Secondly, at the morning registration on Thursday and Friday, we will be requesting that you and your passengers sign a liability release form for the event and we ask that you bring a copy of your personal boat insurance summary form for liability confirmation. For those captains who forget to bring their insurance information, there is a dock office for having your agent fax you the materials for a small fee.

You will also be able to pick up your t-shirts, buy dinner tickets, and get name badges at the same place down on the docks.

We hope that for all of you coming that these procedures are just a formality, but we ask that you do comply to make it a safer event for everyone in attendance.

If you have any questions, please PM me directly.

Thank you,

RedDog
04-07-2008, 06:17 PM
...and we ask that you bring a copy of your personal boat insurance summary form for liability confirmation. For those captains who forget to bring their insurance information, there is a dock office for having your agent fax you the materials for a small fee.

I'm glad I saw this in advance. I just ran a copy off of the Progressive.com web site to stick in my truck.

I'm afraid this might bite some people in the butt unless a concerted effort is made to spread the word on this requirement.

Yes accidents can happen. Many may remember year 1 AOTH when Doyle mis-stepped and fell off the dock and hit his head. Stone sober - no alcohol involved. Very scary and it took months for him to recover due to the lake water ingested into his lungs.

farmer tx
04-07-2008, 08:51 PM
Sounds good to me. It's not too much to ask. These items should be in your boat and or boat bag already.

Thanks Todd,
Mark

synack
04-07-2008, 10:45 PM
With how wild and fun our Donzi's all are, everyone should always wear the tether no matter what!

Donzi Racer
04-16-2008, 09:09 PM
If you have any questions, please PM me directly.

Thank you,[/quote]

I hope you don't mind me asking a couple questions here since there is much fewer post. I figured some of the Donzi owners that have been before could offer some assistance. !st of all we will be coming for the 1st time and bringing at least 2 to 4 boats. We will have a good attendance and wanting to know if anyone can give us a good place to stay that may have some rooms or a cabin available close to or on the water? Also we have been to the home coming a few times and there is a pre registration and fee, is there the same here at lake cumberland? If so when & where do we sigh up? Number of people will be 4 to 6 and wish to get as close to the action as possible. Thanks for any help, Tom 256-777-0844

RedDog
04-17-2008, 07:49 AM
Jamestown Resort MAY still have a cabin. If so that is your best option. If not, I have heard good things about - http://www.timberpointe.com/

You will pay your fees, which cover Friday & Saturday night dinner plus a tee shirt to Jerry or Elizabeth or Scott Boldt or whoever looks like they are in charge or know what is going on down on the main Jamestown Resort dock.

I presume that is when your sign the release and provide proof of insurance.

Donzi Racer
04-17-2008, 10:55 AM
Jamestown Resort MAY still have a cabin. If so that is your best option. If not, I have heard good things about - http://www.timberpointe.com/

You will pay your fees, which cover Friday & Saturday night dinner plus a tee shirt to Jerry or Elizabeth or Scott Boldt or whoever looks like they are in charge or know what is going on down on the main Jamestown Resort dock.

I presume that is when your sign the release and provide proof of insurance.

Thanks RedDog, we are booked. That includes you Crew Cab, and Donzi Vol, and Donzi Racer & lil Brother that we are still working on a Donzi Name for little brother. He is the proud new 1/2 owner of a nice 16 Baby outboard. He will also be partners in the LE Minx we will be picking up in September/October. Lets all get together and pick him out a nice Donzi Name. Tom

roadtrip se
05-10-2008, 12:32 AM
Pack your insurance summary, vests for everybody on your boat, inspect your kill switch tether, and get ready for a great run!