PDA

View Full Version : AOTH if you've never attended: must have's

show-n-go h2o
04-07-2008, 12:01 PM
i thought i would make this for all the new people attending. if you have anything to add please do.

Adult beverages. lake cumberland and it's surrounding city's are dry, there are a few bars but they do not have carry out. :shocking:

auction item.

come hungary the food is always fantastic and plentiful.

roadtrip se
04-07-2008, 03:26 PM
http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=52201

Bring cool stuff and take home cool stuff!

synack
04-07-2008, 10:51 PM
Adult beverages. lake cumberland and it's surrounding city's are dry, there are a few bars but they do not have carry out.

It's best to bring it from home... Most of the stores on the way have a pretty small selection of beverages.

zimm17
04-08-2008, 09:13 AM
1) Bring twice the beer you think you need. Charlie and I paid $30 for that last case of beer at the auction.

2) Beer makes a great auction item

3) When you have "towing insurance" from Progressive and make the call to get towed back in to the marina- they informed me I had ROAD towing insurance in case the trailer broke down- they don't do on-water towing. Good thing to know...

show-n-go h2o
04-17-2008, 02:00 PM
since this thread is a sticky i will continue the debris report here.
there is none at all on the side of the lake that we use most. i'll be down there this weekend and will make it a point to head down toward Lee's Ford Marina and see how it looks that way. the water is really far up right now due to all the rains so i would say most of the debris has already gone. i will keep this updated more regularly as we get closer to AOTH.:boat::anchor:

show-n-go h2o
04-22-2008, 09:12 AM
They are working on lowering the lake back to the normal pool level. as of sunday the water was clean, im sure with the lowering will come some debris but it should all be gone before we arrive. i will be there almost every weekend from here on out so if anything changes i will let you all know.

Sam
04-22-2008, 12:13 PM
Thanks for the update...............much appreciated :yes: .

Sam
05-09-2008, 09:04 AM
They are working on lowering the lake back to the normal pool level. as of sunday the water was clean, im sure with the lowering will come some debris but it should all be gone before we arrive. i will be there almost every weekend from here on out so if anything changes i will let you all know.

Any updates on the lake level / debris :eek!: situation.................thanks.

Sam

Sam
05-09-2008, 01:23 PM
Here's what I found today, not sure if it totally accurate.

"Since April 15, it has been lowered around 13 feet. Currently, the drawdown is approaching the level held during last year's summer season. It is about 42-44 feet below the tree line"

Trueser
05-09-2008, 01:40 PM
Looks good to me...

http://www.duo-county.com/cam_lake01.html

show-n-go h2o
05-09-2008, 02:42 PM
It still looks good, i'll be down sat night and sunday so i'll have a better answer for you on monday. as long as it doesn't come up between now and the meet time the lake will be as clean or better than last year.

roadtrip se
05-10-2008, 12:23 AM
in the 18 and I am sure Jill is going to want to burn a little gas, well maybe more than a little.

We'll probably do the lunch run down to Lee's Ford, too.

Show, we'll look for you guys out there.

Report to follow. The water is within a foot of where it was for our last run,
so I am betting things are going to look pretty good.

Sam
05-10-2008, 10:00 PM
It still looks good, i'll be down sat night and sunday so i'll have a better answer for you on monday. as long as it doesn't come up between now and the meet time the lake will be as clean or better than last year.

Thanks Show !

roadtrip se
05-10-2008, 10:58 PM
and a great day to say the least...

Floaters are not going to be a factor this year.

Had to work hard to find anything in the lake where we ran today.

Harmon Creek was awesome.

Dr. Dan
05-11-2008, 07:42 AM
:wavey: Well.....let me recap just a few of the Highlights of the many items that have piled up in the Doctors Office preparing for the Assault on Lake Cumberland and the unsuspecting Fish and other Residence of Jamestown and the like. :spongebob:

Jamestown Items:
$1000 To the AOTH VIII Crew (Thanks to Mick, Shea, Mark, Norm & Rooster Boy)
More than a Truckload of assorted Donzi Hardwear :eek!:
Shea's Custom Gear, Micks Custom Gear, Jeff Vigues Cooler....
2 Cases of Prescribed Beer :beer:
1/2 Case of Wine - all Red including such famous brands as "Fat Bastard,Bulls Blood, and others..
2 Bottles of Absolute Ruby Red :alky:
6 Bottles of Tonic & a Package of Limes
Over $100 in Cigars to help our breath really smell rancid after drinking all night.
Bottled Water & Diet Coke - for the Lake Running.

Road Trip Items: :drive:
Slim Jims -Tabasco Flavored of course
Pop Tarts - Health Food of Driving Champions
More Cigars
Redman
Assorted Gums, Mints & Pondries
Trail Mix
Peanut M & M's
2 Dimensional GPS ( a Map)
CB Radio to communicate to Undertakers! :cool:
Camera, Batteries

Donzi Gear:
Insurance Cert.s
Large Donzi Cooler
Small Donzi Cooler
SunGlasses
Sun Screen
Donzi Fleece & Windshirt
Rain Gear
New Stern Anchor
Towels
Micro Fibers
Bottle Jack, 2 x 6 Blocks, 4 Way Tire Wrench
Buckets filled w Detail Sauces
Towels
Brushes
Tissues for Roadtrip to Cry into when Mick leaves him in the Dust :tase:

Fact is there is always a Ton of Stuff to Do, Bring & Prepare prior to the First Donzi Event of the Year.... nice thing is we all share, except Todd -( Cheap Bastard...) so there is always a great atmosphere of Communal Debachery & Battery Device Driven Hedonism... ooops gee Shea - maybe that's just an Outboard? :smash:

Safe Travels to all ...

Doc of Listos Por Favor'

hot shot
05-11-2008, 05:58 PM
I'm going to bring an hd video recorder and mabe video parts of the auction and mabe get truser & co to do some action shots for us, I'll pick up a tri-pod
I hope we have some nice stuff for the auction:wink:

DonCig
05-12-2008, 07:23 AM
I will be bringing one of my Prop Locks for the auction; also please see the classifieds for some new props that I am selling and could bring to AOTH if you are interested.

DonCig

roadtrip se
05-12-2008, 11:58 AM
[QUOTE=Dr. Dan;Fact is there is always a Ton of Stuff to Do, Bring & Prepare prior to the First Donzi Event of the Year.... nice thing is we all share, except Todd -( Cheap Bastard...) so there is always a great atmosphere of Communal Debachery & Battery Device Driven Hedonism... ooops gee Shea - maybe that's just an Outboard? :smash:
Safe Travels to all ...
Doc of Listos Por Favor'[/QUOTE]

"Cheap Bastard" here...

Conversation over lunch with Jill:

RT, "Honey, we may need to go to the store for some more supplies for this week."

Jill, "What for? Don't we have enough food already?"

RT, "Well Danny doesn't seem very interested in the bourbon-soy marinated, hickory smoked beef tenderloin or the shrimp camarones brochette that we had planned for his arrival evening. He seems to act like he would be okay with a bag of Fritos."

Jill, "We could probably get those up at the local gas stop. I'll make sure to run them over on the way back. I know he likes his snacks in bite size pieces..."

Buddy, you had better have a real nice bottle of Kentucky bourbon, something like Woodford Reserve, in that supply kit when you show up here is all I have to say... or it could get fair to mostly hungry outside pretty darn quick. Exit 87 off of I75 in Richmond, Ky, Liquor World next to Hooters, if you need to make a quick stop.

"CB"

undertaker
05-12-2008, 12:27 PM
"Cheap Bastard" here...
RT, "Honey, we may need to go to the store for some more supplies for this week."
RT, "Well Danny doesn't seem very interested in the bourbon-soy marinated, hickory smoked beef tenderloin or the shrimp camarones brochette that we had planned for his arrival evening. He seems to act like he would be okay with a bag of Fritos."
Jill, "We could probably get those up at the local gas stop. I'll make sure to run them over on the way back. I know he likes his snacks in bite size pieces..."
Buddy, you had better have a real nice bottle of Kentucky bourbon, something like Woodford Reserve, in that supply kit when you show up here is all I have to say... or it could get fair to mostly hungry outside pretty darn quick. Exit 87 off of I75 in Richmond, Ky, Liquor World next to Hooters, if you need to make a quick stop.
"CB"

:):):):):):):):)

ITTLFLI
05-12-2008, 01:11 PM
I'm going to bring an hd video recorder and mabe video parts of the auction and mabe get truser & co to do some action shots for us, I'll pick up a tri-pod
I hope we have some nice stuff for the auction:wink:

Mick we look forward to seeing your boat and the awsome items your bringing to the auction!!!!:nilly:

BUIZILLA
05-12-2008, 02:43 PM
that's about as definitive of a demand layed out as i've ever seen... LOL... :angel:

Dr. Dan
05-12-2008, 07:29 PM
:eek!:
"Cheap Bastard" here...
"CB"

:hangum:Hey Kentucky Bourbon Breath.... if you really knew me you would know that short of the chips and your awesome homemade Salsa.... I don't do no stinking chips... and you never once asked me about what dead carcass I prefer to inhale over any other Carcass...so lets not get silly...

I just got a BBQ Squadrons Worth of Gay Texas BBQ Chef Outfits that will make the Village People envious.... so ya better back that schtick up...sucka.

I want one thing... Jill's Shrimp & Jalepeno Poppers... if you don't have them... I will gladly sleep outside... you ingrateful Steak Cuttin, Pork Pullin, Grey Hair Receeding, Yankee Dwelling, Two House Livin half blooded Evil Twin Bastard! :eek!:

I just sent the Lizard to the Store to personally get whatever that crap is you described... I hope your happy ...she's missing some recorded version of Greys Anatomy when someone sleeps with one of the Doctors... wow what a deep plot... you make me sick...I hope your Red Rooster Boat Rots on that overpriced MYCO that's now designed for a Catamaran with the split Sponsons...:doh:

Oh Kentucky Folks are soooooo demanding...

Trust Me Oh Exalted One... The Red Sea will part when you see all the Goodies I have accumulated... so be nice... or someones gonna get some ExLax in the Bourbon! :cool:

Doc of Non Malicious Conspiracy Theories Centered on Food & Beverage Consumption, and the Mating Cycle of the Angle Worm :popcorn:

undertaker
05-12-2008, 08:49 PM
OH MY GOD!!!:bonk::smash::hangum: I have to drive 14 hours with this nut case to Kentucky.....:nilly::nilly::yes::yes: Danny you are one screwed up mofo....:cool::cool: ....see ya tommorrow noonish:yes:

Undertaker:boggled::boggled::boggled:

roadtrip se
05-13-2008, 08:28 AM
monterrey jack cheese, and some bacon, grilled to perfection. AKA, "cambrones brochette".

He can rant and rave all he wants, but we got him, we got him.

UT, a safe trailing distance would be highly recomended...

Team Jefe
05-13-2008, 04:17 PM
OK, looks like I may have to referee between the Doc and the Tripper Thursday night as well:nilly:

I went to the store last night...it was late...I was tired, so i have no idea what i got...here is my hazy memory

Lots of Texas Grown Beer
Lots of sausage with Bohemian-slovack names...and some from the Twin Pines Ranch (Big Reid's Place)
Homemade tamales from my mexican neighbor....these are the bomb!
Butterflied pork loin ready for some cajun rice stuffing
Chicken breast...for anyone who doesn't like pork
No asparagus so I'll make a green bean casserole....Not the one your grandma makes at thanksgiving.

There is a Sh!tload more