PDA

View Full Version : Perko vs Blue seas

ky-donzi
04-07-2008, 07:48 AM
Got to get a battery disconnect for dual batteries. Since I'm not where I can look at either other than the internet, and that is how I will order I assume, Which do you guys prefer?

Thanks in advance

MOP
04-07-2008, 08:00 AM
Not familiar with Blue Seas, but I have used Perko for many years with no problems.

Phil

The Hedgehog
04-07-2008, 08:12 AM
Another vote for the perko

Ed Donnelly
04-07-2008, 10:01 AM
Have only used Perko also....Ed

zelatore
04-07-2008, 11:38 AM
I use plenty of Blue Seas stuff in our work. They make lots of electrical panels, breakers, etc.

I have no problems with them. Nor have I had a problem with Perko. I wouldn’t hesitate to use either brand.

However I have had a number of Guest battery switches fail due to internal overheating. They look fine from the front, but pull it off the bulkhead and look at the back and you'll find they've started melting and have either gone up in resistance or are completely open internally. That's the only brand battery switch I can recall seeing fail in the last 10 years or so.

As for ordering, look at the physical size to find the best fit, and make sure the one you order is rated well over the maximum load you plan to pass through it. You'll also find some of them are available with locks to secure them or with removable plastic 'keys' to positivly disconnect them.