PDA

View Full Version : Plexi windshield brackets

jvcobra
04-04-2008, 08:59 AM
Anybody know where I might be able to get some replacement windshield joining brackets like those shown in the attached picture? I'm not sure exactly how these where made. The top is squared off so it doesn't look like they where bent on a sheet metal brake but they don't look extruded either. It's almost like they are welded and then ground square.

MOP
04-04-2008, 10:04 AM
Can't you reuse the ones you have? If need be there should be a metal shop that could have them cleaned and re anodized. Powder coating is not a good idea as it is too thick requiring the Plexi to be thinned to get it into the brackets.

Phil

RedDog
04-04-2008, 10:09 AM
What's under the hatch in the background of this picture?

jvcobra
04-04-2008, 10:11 AM
I could reuse the existing but one broke up top which isn't a big deal since they just get bolted together but there are also some other cosmetic issues. I'm not sure who was working on windshields at the Donzi factory that day but the bolt holes locations are not the same. It looks like they just drilled them wherever they wanted. I know it's anal but I'd like them to be identical.

I'll draw them up and see if they can be fabricated.

jvcobra
04-04-2008, 10:28 AM
What's under the hatch in the background of this picture?

Supercharged BB Chevy (680 HP)

I picked the boat up last year and have been trying to get it cleaned up ( new windshield, polishing, cleaning) over the winter.

MOP
04-04-2008, 02:23 PM
What about duplicating them out of S/S plates, I don;t think the bridge piece that holds the two flats together is really needed. This would also give you the option of using thin rubber between the the plated and the Plexi, it may be an even better way to go.

Phil

jvcobra
04-04-2008, 03:09 PM
What about duplicating them out of S/S plates, I don;t think the bridge piece that holds the two flats together is really needed. This would also give you the option of using thin rubber between the the plated and the Plexi, it may be an even better way to go.

Phil

That's a good idea. Just got a quote to duplicate the original for $60 each, seems a little high but includes black anodize.