PDA

View Full Version : Custom Dash

ky-donzi
04-04-2008, 08:07 AM
Well I CNC'ed me a dash last night (its nice to have access to a CNC plasma cutter). I had to add a Fuel pressure and Boost/vac guage. After looking for a place to add guage cups, and deciding that I didn't have room, and didn't like the look. So I decided to go for a new dash. I'm sending it off today to get engine turned see pic #2

The Hedgehog
04-04-2008, 09:22 AM
Well I CNC'ed me a dash last night (its nice to have access to a CNC plasma cutter). I had to add a Fuel pressure and Boost/vac guage. After looking for a place to add guage cups, and deciding that I didn't have room, and didn't like the look. So I decided to go for a new dash. I'm sending it off today to get engine turned see pic #2

That is cool. It is good to have that kind of access. I will be doing a new dash as well. So far it is not that nice.

Are you having the engine tuned in the boat or sending off the ECU?

BigGrizzly
04-04-2008, 09:30 AM
Ky, I am impressed, you got style. Look boys another Pearson.If I screw making my new one I may need help.

ky-donzi
04-04-2008, 09:35 AM
Not sure yet. I have got every answer under the sun on that. "Don't touch ecm", "you will have to tune ecm", "you'll toast your motor with that blower" the only thing I haven't heard is "you'll shoot you eye out kid"

I plan to test and tune in about two weeks. I have a prop adp ordered, and my guages and dash should be here within a wk or so. It's too nasty here to do much for another 2 wks anyway. I guess I will take it out see how it runs and then deciede wheter or not to send off ecm. I bought an extra mefi-2 ecm, same as mine except it has a 502 program in it but is the same base unit. I will send it off to be programed if needed, that way I keep my original program on my original ecm

BigGrizzly
04-04-2008, 09:40 AM
Smart move.

ky-donzi
04-17-2008, 01:19 PM
Here the dash after engine turning

mjw930
04-17-2008, 01:58 PM
That's fantastic looking! :eek!:

zelatore
04-17-2008, 02:03 PM
That is SHARP!

So, if a fella wanted to get one of those for himself what do you figure it might cost him??

ky-donzi
04-17-2008, 09:13 PM
Poodle

I hope to be able to see where I'm going. I haven't got it back yet, but if its too bright, I will dull it alittle with tinted clear coat. Or I could drive with a welding hood when it sunny

Mr X
04-18-2008, 04:45 AM
Nice! Reminds me of my 72 Trans Am 455 HO dash.

BigGrizzly
04-18-2008, 09:16 AM
KY, I am really impressed now. Hub is On the way. Just so everybody knows what KY did isn't as easy as it sounds. This guy knows what he is doing, he isn't a novice!!!