PDA

View Full Version : Older upholstery manufacturer?

Conquistador_del_mar
04-02-2008, 01:05 AM
My understanding is that Built-rite Upholstery is no longer in business. Does anyone know if someone took over the patterns from them or if there is any other company making the early Donzi seats? Bill

Madcow
04-02-2008, 06:41 AM
Soppesedly these guys sell a Donzi intereor.

http://www.ppi-fl.com/begin.html

mjw930
04-02-2008, 07:44 AM
Soppesedly these guys sell a Donzi intereor.

http://www.ppi-fl.com/begin.html

Hasn't there been some "issues" with them being overloaded with OEM work and not even taking orders for custom work?

Cuda
04-02-2008, 08:27 AM
Hasn't there been some "issues" with them being overloaded with OEM work and not even taking orders for custom work?
There used to be. I had them make a set of buckets for me, and they had a set there, that they had sewn the wrong colors, so I bought them also. At the time, Lee told me they were so swamped with OEM work, they weren't taking on any private work, but I think things have changed since then. PPI is an advertiser on here. They do great work.

As far as Bilt Rite, Bob had the patterns for sale last year. I don't know if he sold them or not.

justleft
04-02-2008, 12:53 PM
Hey with Donzi closing their door on April 1 PPI should have
lots of time to do custom work. :smash:

Madcow
04-03-2008, 10:16 PM
Hey with Donzi closing their door on April 1 PPI should have
lots of time to do custom work. :smash:

Did I miss something?

VetteLT193
04-04-2008, 10:25 AM
I called PPI and they didn't get back to me. It happened to another member here too.

Bob from Bilt Rite told me that PPI doesn't have the old patterns anyway, so they would have to custom make seats for anything 80's or older unless you have a boat that can accept the new interior.

So, for my Minx it makes more sense to find someone local to custom do the work, at least they will have the boat to match it to.

The Hedgehog
04-04-2008, 10:44 AM
PPI does the new stuff. They called me back on my 26ZX.

knots2u
04-04-2008, 05:39 PM
Don't do anything yet as far as Classic interiors, there is a board member interested in Bilt-Rite. If it should fall through I'll make it known. Bilt-Rite did not do any of the ZX series.

Bob

Conquistador_del_mar
04-04-2008, 09:00 PM
Don't do anything yet as far as Classic interiors, there is a board member interested in Bilt-Rite. If it should fall through I'll make it known. Bilt-Rite did not do any of the ZX series.

Bob

Bob,
Are you the Bob who used to run Bilt-Rite? Bill

knots2u
04-05-2008, 04:40 AM
Yes, that's me.

Conquistador_del_mar
04-05-2008, 10:19 AM
Bob,
Are you the Bob who used to run Bilt-Rite? Bill

Yes, that's me.

I wish I could shake your hand. You and your guys made it so easy to both order and custom make some GT21 (2 of them) and 18 2+3 interiors for me in the early to mid 80s. It was so nice to install those new bolsters and seats with their perfect fit!! I always got excited when those large boxes would arrive to complete another restoration. I think you even made the new interior for an 18 Corsican V-drive that I restored. I have two friends who need new interiors in their 1967 16' Donzis, so I will wait to hear if they can order from the new owners. I hope all is going well for you! A satisfied customer, Bill