PDA

View Full Version : Boating Time in K-ville

RedDog
04-01-2008, 06:20 PM
I was just sitting out on my deck (7:00 PM, 4/1) and heard a loud twin hi-po boat running up the river. The closest point to the river is a little over a mile away and I must have heard it cover about 5 miles heading to downtown before I lost the sound. It's getting to be that time of year in Knoxville. Today I had mine running on the hose in the driveway after a run to the local carwash. All I need to go is to polish, shampoo the carpet, and install the interior then time to go - YEE HAW!

BlownCrewCab
04-01-2008, 06:56 PM
I Agree it was a beautiful day for boating, around 2:00-3:00pm the wind was 15-20mph thats the Perfect chop for a Donzi. Nice Lil 1' white caps. I'm going to have to get another boat....:cool:

sweet 16 1966
04-01-2008, 07:10 PM
I want to run the river this summer. Chattanooga looks like it has lots to offer . How about Knoxville? Had great weather in Mount Dora last weekend 85 and sunny- great boating weather to get me going!

RedDog
04-02-2008, 07:34 AM
I want to run the river this summer. Chattanooga looks like it has lots to offer . How about Knoxville? Had great weather in Mount Dora last weekend 85 and sunny- great boating weather to get me going!

I have never boated in Chattanooga but it should have a lot to offer. A great run would be Chattanooga to Knoxville, locking through Watts Bar and Fort Loudon dams. There is a nice resort right at Watts Bar Dam

Sam
04-02-2008, 09:22 AM
I was just sitting out on my deck (7:00 PM, 4/1) and heard a loud twin hi-po boat running up the river. The closest point to the river is a little over a mile away and I must have heard it cover about 5 miles heading to downtown before I lost the sound. It's getting to be that time of year in Knoxville. Today I had mine running on the hose in the driveway after a run to the local carwash. All I need to go is to polish, shampoo the carpet, and install the interior then time to go - YEE HAW!

TEASE ! I just put my snow blower away for the season.....LOL

Donzi Vol
04-05-2008, 11:09 PM
Heck yeah, boys! I hope to have a boat in the water soon. Not sure what it will be just yet, as the triple is still in resto, but after the weather we've had lately I've gotta get on the water! RedDog, Lanie (cutwater) and I are thinking about taking his Donzi to a big dealer boatshow on Volunteer Landing next weekend. We'll show the wakeboarders what a real boat looks like! Interested??

-David

RedDog
04-06-2008, 06:15 PM
I'm in - give me a call

865 803 3296

Donzi Vol
04-06-2008, 08:16 PM
Will do. Cutwater?

Donzi Vol
04-06-2008, 09:16 PM
Shoot, almost forgot...Mike, you wanna check it out? If you patch up those holes in the back, we might be able to row the triple down the river!

ITTLFLI
04-07-2008, 08:49 AM

Ahhhh...the sounds of the BBC!! When I graduated from college I moved to a nice social/bar area that is on a hill right by the ohio river! It was bad for my career! I think I boated more than I worked! My boat was stored 2 miles away! I would hear the boats ripping up and down the river! I couldn't resist it so I would go get mine and dunk it in the water for a while!

hot shot
04-07-2008, 09:08 AM
I was down at the marina yesterday and heard the sound of thunder only to see a blur go by looked like a 38 cig running about 90 WOW... I was great and about a half hour later it happened again.... I had a call on my 18 yesterday the guy wants to come look at it next week end mabe a sea trial ? :checkered::checkered::checkered:

cutwater
04-07-2008, 11:19 AM
Yeah, I'm in for the boat show, but I don't think the Minx will be ready this weekend. Too much to do this week. Tim I'll give you a call and meet up with you at some point. What day were you going? I believe the show is Fri-Sun.

RedDog
04-07-2008, 12:19 PM
I'm flexible so whatever day has the best weather

Donzi Vol
04-07-2008, 01:04 PM
Saturday would be best for me, but I think they're calling for some showers. But of course Sunday is supposed to be cooler, so it's probably a toss up. RedDog, are you bringing the 22 or are we going on foot for this one?

RedDog
04-07-2008, 02:15 PM
I'll take the 22. I'll launch @ Maxie's (Maloney Rd off of Alcoa Hwy.) I could pick anyone up say anywhere upstream of Georges Creek (under Pellissippi Hwy bridge)

Other options - Little River Topside Road ramp, Duncan Boatdock

Donzi Vol
04-07-2008, 04:39 PM
As sad as this is, seeing as how I've lived in Knoxville my whole life, I'm not familiar with any of those spots. Of course I can find it if it's off of Alcoa Hwy. I'll give you a call this week and let you decide which would be the easiest. If you need to get ahold of me, my cell is 865-254-2833.
-David