PDA

View Full Version : Need to Get Screwed (Screw Question)

jodynich
04-01-2008, 11:50 AM
Anyone know off the top of their head what screws are used for the windshield of a '86 Minx/Classic?

I don't have access to the boat right now but would like to order some replacements for a couple that are missing.

Thanks!

VetteLT193
04-01-2008, 01:18 PM
Anyone know off the top of their head what screws are used for the windshield of a '86 Minx/Classic?

I don't have access to the boat right now but would like to order some replacements for a couple that are missing.

Thanks!

I can check when I get home, I just have to find the jar they are sitting in... Mine is the Italian shield, I assume the screws are the same, but someone else (Gcarter???) may know more.

DonziJon
04-02-2008, 09:14 AM

Thanks!

1986 Minx windshield screws. (Plastic winshield) 1.25 #10 Flat Head Phillips Self Tapping SS.

Don't forget the plastic bushing that slips into the oversize hole in the windshield: .375 OD, .200 ID, .375 high.

There is also a plastic Flat washer over that: .687 OD, .265 ID, .050 thick.

The last thing is a #10 stamped SS Finish washer under the screw.