PDA

View Full Version : Pictures from today's lunch run to Crazy Gators

Cuda
03-29-2008, 06:53 PM
I know I usually post an entire "photo essay", but I'll just post the pictures, and if anyone has a question about who's who, I'll try to answer. Saw some old friends today, and made some new ones. The weather could not have been better!

Cuda
03-29-2008, 06:55 PM
More

Cuda
03-29-2008, 06:56 PM
Some more

Cuda
03-29-2008, 06:57 PM
Lunch at Crazy Gator's.

Cuda
03-29-2008, 06:59 PM
Riding with Bob (Tidbart)

Cuda
03-29-2008, 07:03 PM
After Bob took me back to my truck at CG, I drove over to the ramp at Lakeside, to help him get his boat on. I ended up helping three Donzi brothers get their boats on. :)

I was the only guy there without a boat, and I was the only guy that got wet! :)

Donzi Racer
03-30-2008, 06:36 AM
After Bob took me back to my truck at CG, I drove over to the ramp at Lakeside, to help him get his boat on. I ended up helping three Donzi brothers get their boats on. :)

I was the only guy there without a boat, and I was the only guy that got wet! :)

Thanks Cuda, I really appreciate you getting the pics you did, we forgot our camera and I was not happy untilI saw you with your camera. Thanks for posting so we could get some shots for memories. Also thanks so much for the help at the ramp. See you soon, come over this week and we will go riding. Tom & Rose

Carl C
03-30-2008, 06:43 AM
I was the only guy there without a boat, and I was the only guy that got wet! :) What's up with that? I thought you had more boats than anyone here.

ChromeGorilla
03-30-2008, 07:27 AM
Thanks for the pics Cooder. Wish I was there. By this time next year I'll be livin in Fl. and won't have any excuse not to be there!

Tidbart...love the new ride man!

Looks like everyone was having fun. While it was 95 here today and yes, technically I was on the water.... it sure aint the same.....:doh:

CG in India

Cuda
03-30-2008, 08:52 AM
What's up with that? I thought you had more boats than anyone here.
I had five performance boats two years ago, and now I'm down to just the 22. Times have been hard.:(

vonkamp
03-30-2008, 09:27 AM
Great pic's Cuda!

My wife and I were there for a few hours on Friday. Unfortunately we could not stay. There were some nice boats there though. Only one sweet sixteen in the for sale section, nice Baron there as well. I'll post some pics when I get them uploaded.
Sorry I missed you all and hope to catch up at a get together soon!

Cuda
03-30-2008, 09:34 AM
Great pic's Cuda!
My wife and I were there for a few hours on Friday. Unfortunately we could not stay. There were some nice boats there though. Only one sweet sixteen in the for sale section, nice Baron there as well. I'll post some pics when I get them uploaded.
Sorry I missed you all and hope to catch up at a get together soon!
Catch 22, and Catch Sr were at the show Friday, and Russ took his 22 to the show. He had to beach it west of the show, from what I understand.

I heard that mohogany deck 18 was there for sale again.

vonkamp
03-30-2008, 09:45 AM
I did see a 22 parked on the beach next to a Scimitar...

Did not see the mahogany decked 18 though. Did anyone get a picture of that?

Donzi Vol
03-30-2008, 05:48 PM
Thanks Cuda, I really appreciate you getting the pics you did, we forgot our camera and I was not happy untilI saw you with your camera. Thanks for posting so we could get some shots for memories. Also thanks so much for the help at the ramp. See you soon, come over this week and we will go riding. Tom & Rose

I hate all you people. Sorry...that's the jealousy talking! Looks like a heck of a time, wish I could be there with everyone and the beautiful Donzi's. I'll be sure to catch you at the next one, though! Aunt Rose, have fun! Uncle Tom, don't do anything stupid! (just kidding) :wink:

BUIZILLA
03-30-2008, 06:15 PM
pic's are our friends.... :cool:

Tom, my old Minx is in equal or better shape than when I had it, i'm sure of that, 100% sure.. :angel:

also Tom, i'm not kidding one bit about that 16 transom, it wiggles, trust me... I had 2 VERY sharp people go over it with a fine tooth comb..

and again Tom... LOL, how about scouting the RV parking lot at Tavares, there is a GOOD chance I can sneak in there Friday mid-day-ish, but people are gonna be pissed if I run my genny cause it's gonna be warm and I get toasty and irritable in a 40' microwave without a/c... i'll call tomarrow and see if I can sneak in with the Critter on a late arrival, if not, i'll get there somehow and just park in someone's front yard LOL... I need to leave no later than one-ish on Sunday though... I think Bud, Jody and Jack are coming over for the day too..

if I bring the Cary we can dredge the Dora Canal.. :shocking:

were the Reaveau skiff's there?? oh Lord, another weakness..
MJW, you have NO idea the weakness I have for black boats... Oh Lord, help me..

Cuda
03-30-2008, 06:54 PM
pic's are our friends.... :cool:
Tom, my old Minx is in equal or better shape than when I had it, i'm sure of that, 100% sure.. :angel:
also Tom, i'm not kidding one bit about that 16 transom, it wiggles, trust me... I had 2 VERY sharp people go over it with a fine tooth comb..
and again Tom... LOL, how about scouting the RV parking lot at Tavares, there is a GOOD chance I can sneak in there Friday mid-day-ish, but people are gonna be pissed if I run my genny cause it's gonna be warm and I get toasty and irritable in a 40' microwave without a/c... i'll call tomarrow and see if I can sneak in with the Critter on a late arrival, if not, i'll get there somehow and just park in someone's front yard LOL... I need to leave no later than one-ish on Sunday though... I think Bud, Jody and Jack are coming over for the day too..
if I bring the Cary we can dredge the Dora Canal.. :shocking:
were the Reaveau skiff's there?? oh Lord, another weakness..
MJW, you have NO idea the weakness I have for black boats... Oh Lord, help me..
Jim, where are those races to be held? I might get there next weekend, maybe even with boat in tow. :)

Carl C
03-30-2008, 07:02 PM
I had five performance boats two years ago, and now I'm down to just the 22. Times have been hard.:( I hope it gets better soon. It's good to see that you are getting out and having fun.

BUIZILLA
03-30-2008, 07:16 PM
Jim, where are those races to be held? I might get there next weekend, maybe even with boat in tow. :) same place as this weekend's events I think...

vonkamp
03-31-2008, 07:19 AM
A few boats from the show...

rustnrot
03-31-2008, 04:43 PM
Jim is correct, Wooten Park Tavares.

www.classicraceboatassoc.com (http://www.classicraceboatassoc.com)

I will be there pending a family obligation (I am registered and all) with the 17 Formula O/B running in the Donzi class.....

The mahogany decked 16 (not 18) should be running also (New 5.8L PCM engine).

sweet 16 1966
03-31-2008, 05:32 PM
Thanks for the pics Cuda. I took a hundred pics, got home to download and had this message "card not formated" !!
Had some great shots- all gone, only the memories which are priceless! Great weather, good friends and no boating issues!
Wish I could be there for the races which sounds unique- be careful! Rustnrot, Please send my regards to Mike Y. who I did not get a chance to speak to on this trip - he is good people. Saw him from the water directing the recovery of the plane at the ramp that crashed. Got swamped when coming through the Dora Canal by the sheriff boat who was
responding .

Cuda
03-31-2008, 06:13 PM
Thanks for the pics Cuda. I took a hundred pics, got home to download and had this message "card not formated" !!
Had some great shots- all gone, only the memories which are priceless! Great weather, good friends and no boating issues!
Wish I could be there for the races which sounds unique- be careful! Rustnrot, Please send my regards to Mike Y. who I did not get a chance to speak to on this trip - he is good people. Saw him from the water directing the recovery of the plane at the ramp that crashed. Got swamped when coming through the Dora Canal by the sheriff boat who was
responding .
Good to see you made it back, Russ. You reckon those tires will last for a couple more thousand? :)