PDA

View Full Version : Our nieghbors are psycho.....

Donziweasel
03-24-2008, 04:25 PM
I am really pissed right now. Last August when we first went to look at the Lazy P, our neighbor, Robin, ran out of her house and said we did not have permission to be there. We told her that we did have the sellers permissiona and the sellers agent permission to be there. She still was a bitch and very confrontational.

We did not see them agian until Nov. When we closed on the land, we figured we would be neighborly and go next door and tell our neighbors that we had purchased the lot and what our plans were. We went next door, knocked, and once again, Robin met us. She invited us in and then took us to the rear deck. Instead of asking us what our plans were, she told us she had walked our lot and told us exactly where we needed to put our house, guest cabin and shop. We just smiled and said it was nice to meet you. She also told us she had left a bunch of trash on the edge of the two properties to discourage people from buying it.

Now red flags are flying. Boo Boo and I obviously think she is a penny short of a dollar in the head. After that, I gave my father in law permission to go see the land and she assualted them. A freind the next week, same thing.

Last week, Robin's husband, Dennis, called and said his other nieghbor on the other of his lot, was very concerned about our plans and Dennis wanted to know exactly what we were doing. I told him I did not know yet and would be in touch. Today I ran into the selling agent who said he had run into Dennis. He said Dennis had told him we are not very neighborly and last Nov. we had "barged into his house" were "very rude" and got into a fight with Robin.

What the hell? We went over, knocked, were invited in, and TOLD where to build our house. I never said one thing bad, just smiled. I met the other neighbor today and he said he wasn't concerned at all about our plans.

I am really pissed. I have, and will, invest over a million dollars in this project, yet I am moving next to freaks! I'll be damned if I am going to have that crazy bitch and her crazy husband tell me where to build our dream house. BITE ME! They are not from Wyoming and have only been here a few years. Maybe they just don't understand the Wyoming way, which is "live and let live". I swear I am going build a 150 ft tall fence!

BlownCrewCab
03-24-2008, 05:02 PM
(Dial up kills me) Like the ones above

That Sucks... I Would get the attic vents that look like a hand Flipping the Bird and put on every building that faces their way. If they don't want to be friendly, then you need to be the bigger Azz. I Mean, try to be friends, if it doesn't work then let the Sh*t Begin. I'd build a mexican trailer park right next to them. Put the A/C compressors, Air compressor, everything that makes noise will be on their side, position your house so the sun reflects off your windows and Blinds them (If you make a curve in the wall it'll get um all year round).. But try to be nice first, Then F' Um..and don't look back.. Sorry, I'm from Miami and have had every kind off AZZ neighbor available...

RedDog
03-24-2008, 05:40 PM
MENDING WALL
Robert Frost, 1915

Something there is that doesn't love a wall,
That sends the frozen-ground-swell under it,
And spills the upper boulders in the sun,
And makes gaps even two can pass abreast.
The work of hunters is another thing:
I have come after them and made repair
Where they have left not one stone on a stone,
But they would have the rabbit out of hiding,
To please the yelping dogs. The gaps I mean,
No one has seen them made or heard them made,
But at spring mending-time we find them there.
I let my neighbor know beyond the hill;
And on a day we meet to walk the line
And set the wall between us once again.
We keep the wall between us as we go.
To each the boulders that have fallen to each.
And some are loaves and some so nearly balls
We have to use a spell to make them balance:
'Stay where you are until our backs are turned!'
We wear our fingers rough with handling them.
Oh, just another kind of out-door game,
One on a side. It comes to little more:
There where it is we do not need the wall:
He is all pine and I am apple orchard.
My apple trees will never get across
And eat the cones under his pines, I tell him.
He only says, 'Good fences make good neighbors'.
Spring is the mischief in me, and I wonder
If I could put a notion in his head:
'Why do they make good neighbors? Isn't it
Where there are cows?
But here there are no cows.
Before I built a wall I'd ask to know
What I was walling in or walling out,
And to whom I was like to give offence.
Something there is that doesn't love a wall,
That wants it down.' I could say 'Elves' to him,
But it's not elves exactly, and I'd rather
He said it for himself. I see him there
Bringing a stone grasped firmly by the top
In each hand, like an old-stone savage armed.
He moves in darkness as it seems to me~
Not of woods only and the shade of trees.
He will not go behind his father's saying,
And he likes having thought of it so well
He says again, "Good fences make good neighbors."

chappy
03-24-2008, 05:48 PM
I'd steer clear of them, and delete this thread. Some people just look for things to use against others. That is, if they can afford a computer.........

Dr. Dan
03-24-2008, 06:10 PM
:smash:We had a similar situation out in these parts...when the regional A-Holes started to rear their ugly heads...we threatened to put in a Pig Farm, now I can tell ya... a Pig Farm will quickly get their attention.... course they will likely do something worthy of Jail Time to you...so its not worth it...:banghead:

But WTF - I hate people... the older I get... the less patience I have... some day when I am rich and famous... I am buying an Island and some very large Guns... or maybe just one of those WWF Girls with really large Guns.... or is it cans? Hmmm I forget :pimptwo:

Good Luck

Doc of Instigative Technological Suppositories :shocker:

BUIZILLA
03-24-2008, 06:13 PM
I would pleasantly confront them both at the same time on their turf, with BooBoo present... make SURE both are present

let Dennis, in front of Robin, know that the Nov. meeting with his wife didn't go the way he told the agent, whatsoever, and you don't appreciate fib's, fabrications, and innuendo's

I would also tell them that you spoke to that neighbor in question, and he has no issues with your plans, which directly contradicts what he told you

I would also tell them that you two are going to build on YOUR property as you see fit, where you see fit, and within the plans and permits allotted.

if you really want to piss them off, tell them your going to raise goats, llama's, pig's and sheep :cool:

then, I would immediately fence off the property with barbed wire mesh and place No Tresspassing signs facing only their side

as soon as the house is framed in get 2 mini camera's aimed at their house so you can monitor the situation on your computer in your rental house

if your overly concerned with them, finish your garage and guest house first ASAP and live there until the main house is finished

I could tell you story's about my goofy next door neighbor, but the FBI, Secret Service, ICE, Missing Persons, and Customs, already know all about him/them and I keep 4 camera's aimed his way 24-7...

Donziweasel
03-24-2008, 06:40 PM
Thanks for all the advice. Chappy, I am gonna let this thread ride. I didn't say anything that wasn't true, and since I am the only Classic Donzi owner in the State, I am not too worried about them finding this. I will say that I do value the advice on this forum, yours obviously included, and consider you all freinds.

Now to the nitty gritty-I did a little research today and found out that my particular lot was a trade with Wyoming Game and Fish to have access to the Elk Feedground a mile away. The man who got the lot in trade for access through his property was a man named Ray Billings. There are only about 8 lots where we are building. One lot is accross the road that was originally 40 acres. Teton County allows a lot that size to be split amongst family members. Otherwise, it could not be split. When Ray split it amongst himself, his son, daughter and wife into 4 10 acre parcels, a serious battle insued between him and Dennis and Robin, who I will refere to as the Psychos. It got really, really ugly. In the end, there was serious hatred between them.

The Psychos tried to buy our lot, but Ray said FO. Then, the psychos tried to get a freind to covertly buy. Ray found out and shot them down. Then in walk the Pearsons. We bought not knowing the history. I will say, I think the psychos have lumped us in with Ray because of guilt by association. In other word, Ray was the anti-christ, and since we bought the lot from Ray, and it was a lot they desperatly wanted, we are now the anti-christ. Guilt by association, never mind that I have never met or spoken with Ray Billings.

Buiz, when I heard what he was saying about us, I drove straight there. I was sick of it and was ready for a confrontation. They weren't there, but the other nieghbor pulled in as I was leaving. Had a very nice talk with them and I think we will be freinds and good nieghbors with them.

I have just decided to leave it be for now. If he calls back or approaches us up at the lot and asks about our plans, I am simply going to say that it is a private matter, but thanks for asking. If he creates more problems, then I have an ace up my sleeve, but I hope it doesn't come to that.

I now know why Robin said she left all that trash along the edge of the property to discourage potential buyers and I think it was a really crappy thing to do.

Tidbart
03-24-2008, 06:58 PM
Ahh neighbors.

I bought my house 5 yrs ago. One of the selling points was the amount of land to the right of my house, enough room for a detached garage. I became good friends with them for 3 yrs, drinks, parties, etc., and on several times had told them my intentions of building the garage.

When I finally decided to move forward, the doodoo hit the fan. They became abusive and argumentative. They complained that I would ruin their view across my property to the adjoining golf course. Their property abuts the course! They continued with name calling and threats to sue me. On Easter Sunday, 2 yrs ago, I awoke to find all my stakes removed and thrown on the roof of my house and truck. I had to call the police to document it, they did nothing.

These are the same people I let swim in my pool, repaired their plumbing leaks, helped install windows, and gave them electricity after each of three hurricanes.

I never lost my cool during all the dealings with them. I went ahead with my construction and finished the job months later. Eventually, they saw what aholes they were and started to be nice again. Unfortunately, they ruined a very good relationship which will never be the same.

My advice, document, document, document. Always be nice when dealing with them. Go through all the proper channels with permitting. People will eventually see them for what they are cowardly and selfish.

If all else fail, light a bag of poop on fire on their front porch and ring the doorbell.:doh::wink:

Best of luck.

Lenny
03-24-2008, 07:11 PM
I am really pissed right now. Last August when we first went to look at the Lazy P, our neighbor, Robin, ran out of her house and said we did not have permission to be there. We told her that we did have the sellers permissiona and the sellers agent permission to be there. She still was a bitch and very confrontational.
We did not see them agian until Nov. When we closed on the land, we figured we would be neighborly and go next door and tell our neighbors that we had purchased the lot and what our plans were. We went next door, knocked, and once again, Robin met us. She invited us in and then took us to the rear deck. Instead of asking us what our plans were, she told us she had walked our lot and told us exactly where we needed to put our house, guest cabin and shop. We just smiled and said it was nice to meet you. She also told us she had left a bunch of trash on the edge of the two properties to discourage people from buying it.
Now red flags are flying. Boo Boo and I obviously think she is a penny short of a dollar in the head. After that, I gave my father in law permission to go see the land and she assualted them. A freind the next week, same thing.
Last week, Robin's husband, Dennis, called and said his other nieghbor on the other of his lot, was very concerned about our plans and Dennis wanted to know exactly what we were doing. I told him I did not know yet and would be in touch. Today I ran into the selling agent who said he had run into Dennis. He said Dennis had told him we are not very neighborly and last Nov. we had "barged into his house" were "very rude" and got into a fight with Robin.
What the hell? We went over, knocked, were invited in, and TOLD where to build our house. I never said one thing bad, just smiled. I met the other neighbor today and he said he wasn't concerned at all about our plans.
I am really pissed. I have, and will, invest over a million dollars in this project, yet I am moving next to freaks! I'll be damned if I am going to have that crazy bitch and her crazy husband tell me where to build our dream house. BITE ME! They are not from Wyoming and have only been here a few years. Maybe they just don't understand the Wyoming way, which is "live and let live". I swear I am going build a 150 ft tall fence!

Buy their house, send them on their way, and rent it and control your surroundings.

If you can not afford that, be like me and be the most "blazin ****head" ever, flush your boat at 10pm, throw beer bottles everywhere, and be the "spot" where everyone goes. They'll get the hint.

I am SOOOOO sick of neighbours and I am on an acreage. Live and let live. Stay away from me unless you are a friendly.

It works... I would put my foot down, tell them to f u c k off, stay a million miles away from me, and don't EVER phone.. go from there :D

BlownCrewCab
03-24-2008, 07:25 PM
I Like Lenny even more now...... My kind of M F'r

chappy
03-24-2008, 07:43 PM
I just realized I need to grow a set.:redface::lookaroun:

Donziweasel
03-24-2008, 08:11 PM
You got a set, don't sweat it:clap:

Redog, it seems he wants to build the wall, then seriously debates it, then, I have no idea. He follows his father advice and builds the wall?

Donziweasel
03-24-2008, 08:21 PM
Beautiful!:wink:

mjw930
03-24-2008, 08:24 PM
DW,

I thought I was going to have a similar problem with an elderly neighbor when we started construction because we chose her side of the lot to have the driveway on. Now mind you, her house is 50' back from the side of my property on a corner lot and the house on the other side is 8' from the property line. I figured I was being the good neighbor by putting the "noise makers" as far away from the other houses as possible.

She didn't push the point and once she saw the house go up and realized I had just raised her property value 20% she's our new best friend ;)

Let your contractor know about these people and make sure he has a lockup trailer or storage container where he can store materials and tools because I wouldn't put it past them to vandalize the site on the days you don't have anyone there.

Also make sure you have construction insurance that covers materials on equipment AND that the builder has a builders bond policy. Between the two you should be covered if they do anything that would delay the project.

I would continue to try and make peace, you have to live next to them for a long, long time. If that completely fails I would ignore them, don't fuel the fire. If they refuse to back down then get in their face. Pull no punches (figuratively) letting them know that you will not be bullied and it is in THEIR best interest to move on as it will be THEIR lives that are miserable if they persist, not yours. If that still doesn't get he point across get a court order forbidding them to set foot on your property and make sure they are served the paperwork. Set up surveillance to catch them entering or throwing things onto your property and insist the local constabulary enforce the court order. Drag his / her ass into court a few times and maybe they will get the point that you are not to be messed with.

If all that doesn't work I know a guy named Vinny that can take care of this for you :wink: :wink: :wink:

Donziweasel
03-24-2008, 08:30 PM
I guess the one time Boo Boo went up there they cornered her and told her some crap. They told her they have seen crime on the rise and there was a shooting. Later, I asked around and found out someone was cleaning there gun and it accidently went off and hit them. Really bizzarr. There is a sign at the beginning of our road that says- Private Property, no un-authorized vehicles, etc....The other neighbor has lived there since 1990 and said they never had one until two years ago when Dennis put it there. They check every car up there to see what people are doing. Man, I am just not into it. We have no crime here, I can't ever remember a murder or really anything. I don't even have a key to my house and I never lock my car. It is the Jackson way, live and let live. The good neighbor asked me if I wanted to join the homeowners association, which is made up of 4 families. I told her that I didn't know and really didn't like a lot of the policies I have seen so far. She said it was just Dennis. There are no CCR's or covenants, might be best to leave that self appointed homeowners association alone.

Cuda
03-24-2008, 08:33 PM
That's one thing I love about moving here to Deland. I live in a very small neighborhood, on a dead end street, with only three other houses on it, and I could not ask for better neighbors. They are always there to lend a hand, or tool, or feed my dogs, and I try to be a good neighbor in return. It's so unlike when I lived in Pinellas County. I lived in the same house for seven years, and I think I knew one neighbor's name, and he hated me, because my dogs were puppies, and would occasionally dig under the fence and get out. I thought I was going to have to shoot the ahole across the street.

Even if we don't know each other in this neighborhood, everyone waves at each other. We know who's supposed to be here, and who's visiting. We keep an eye out for each other too.

My first thought on your problem, was much like Dr Dan's. I wondered if you had enough room to build a pig pen near their property, without it bothering you.

Donziweasel
03-24-2008, 08:36 PM
It is zoned rural and I can definetly have a hog or two.:wink: Trying to find a pic of it.

boxy
03-24-2008, 08:45 PM
John, if you could make it work, Jim's suggestionto finish the garage/living space first you may save yourself a lot of worry and potential grief.

mjw930
03-24-2008, 08:46 PM
My Father-in-law had a guy move into their little sub-division about 2 years ago that sounds a lot like Dennis. He's ex-military and used to being in charge. He started up a homeowners association (which he was president...) and started pass around fliers talking about all the the things that couldn't be done in the development. Mind you, this is not a deed restricted community. He wanted to outlaw parking trailers in the driveway and even went so far as to try to outlaw motorcycles in the development. Those last two were the last straw for many and all it took to get him to "retire" the homeowners association was group of long time owners sitting him down and letting him know that they didn't want any part of his crap and that if he wanted to live a nice peaceful retirement he would be advised to "give it a rest". He's mellowed and for the most part blended in now.

I really think you need to spend time with your other neighbors and find out whether they are fans of Dennis or whether they are just as fed up as you are. If they are then I suggest you all get together, go over to their place and let them know that you are all tired of their **** and if they want to continue living in peace then they can either blend in or move because you aren't going to put up with it anymore.

Oh, and if that road is maintained by the state or county then that sign is illegal, take it down and if Dennis confronts you tell him to **** off.

BUIZILLA
03-24-2008, 09:12 PM
group of long time owners sitting him down and letting him know that they didn't want any part of his crap and that if he wanted to live a nice peaceful retirement he would be advised to "give it a rest". about a couple months back we had an *altercation* with our next door a$$hole, 8pm Saturday night and he decides to bring in 7 illegals on 2 tractor trailers loaded with tile to unload, parking partly across my front yard blocking me in from leaving... uhhhhhhh, nope, I'd had enough.... 10 minutes later we have 3 cop cars blocking the street and the 7 illegals took off over hedges and fences escaping, 2 hid in the house and they turned the lights off.... turns out the driver of the rig was 18 years old, son of rig owner, both spoke no english and neither had CDL licenses..... cops cooly waited for them to unload (pissed me off) and then as soon as they hit Old Cutler Road pulled them over, hauled them off, and towed the trucks.... I think the jerk bailed them out, illegals were never apprehended in the neighborhood, jerk has been totally different since then..... without going into great detail, the FBI believes that one of the 20 911 hijackers lived there up to 6 months before the attack, while going to flight school in Delray Beach... he was the one never found, that never boarded the planes that day...

gold-n-rod
03-24-2008, 09:23 PM
Wow, your stories make my azzhole neighbor look like a pansy by comparison. He bitched up a storm when I recontured my yard so that all of his rainwater didn't pool in my yard. He came and bitched when the inspector came to final out the permit (City approved, of course and done completely according to the drawing).

When ever I see the little prick, I grab my junk and say, "I got your drainage right here!":wink::smash::eek!::bonk::):hyper:

Marlin275
03-24-2008, 09:27 PM
My neighbors called up the town to see if my boat could be removed and kept at a proper marina.
Turns out it is perfectly legal to have a work of art that also floats and swims at 60 mph but the town supervisor asked me if I could try and work things out with them.
I told my neighbor I would have liked to have him speak to me first rather than go to the town first. He had the dumb legal reason excuse.
Said flushing the engine for ten minutes was the bother. I told him it was the same thing as a lawn mower or leaf blower that he uses,
I have a push mower and rake the leaves in silence.
We hear Harleys go by all summer that are so loud that I can't hear the Donzi running and no one complains about that.
This same nut has a problem with my natural charcoal barbeque too and my dog who catches a soccer ball and . . .
Think they have brain damage from cleaning their house every other day . . . indoor pollution from all those cleaning agents?

Ed Donnelly
03-24-2008, 10:40 PM
Man am I blessed. Knew my neighbours for 10 yrs before I moved in. Bought my best friends house...

We have lived here 14 yrs now,all the neighbours except on my immediate left are retired.. My wife refuses to even think about moving..

When I brought my Criterion home from the States, it stayed in the driveway for a month.
Every night after supper, my male neighbours came over, climbed in the boat, and we listened to tunes for an hour.

None have ever bitched about the Pantera or Harley when I come home at 2 a.m. We are only allowed 3 dogs where we live. We breed so we have 8 at home..

Each neighbour has 1 registered as theirs and they are at our house being bred..

I really don't think if someone offered me double what my house is worth, I would even consider selling

I LOVE MY NEIGHBOURS.....................Ed

Donziweasel
03-25-2008, 07:31 AM
Ed, you are very lucky.

I think the best course of action is to simply build how we want it and try and stay away from them. When completed, then we will extend a hand in freindship. If they turn it down, then to hell with them. If they accept, fine.

What I will NOT stand for is Dennis running around town bad mouthing me. Teton County, including Jackson, has a population of around 20,000 and I know many of them due to living here for 14 years and with my business. If he goes around running his big fat mouth, then I will find out. I think you all know me well enough to know I will NEVER back down from a fight. If it is a fight he wants, it is a fight he will get and I gaurantee he will regret it. I really hope it doesn't come to the Clampets and McCoys, but if we's got to do some fuedin', then by gollie, a feudin' we will go!

Donziweasel
03-25-2008, 07:33 AM
Damn, I need a vacation! Oh yeah, leaving Thursday.

hardcrab
03-25-2008, 09:17 AM
Lets recap ....... You're having blizzard conditions and psychos lurking about....

remember "The Shineing" ??
:eek!::shocking:

justleft
03-25-2008, 03:23 PM
Man has Jackson changed !

I had a ski buddy that lived out there (25 yrs or so ago).
He owned the local J.C. Penny catalog store.
(How many remember catalog stores ?)

They would leave the keys in their trucks ignition just in case the neighbor needed to use it !!

Donziweasel
03-25-2008, 04:49 PM
Yes and no. Yes it had changed, in population and density, no, it really hasn't changed in feel. As I said, we have virtually no crime. I DUI makes the front pages. No murders, assualts, robbery, etc... I really don't have a key to my house. I also never lock my car and leave the keys in the ignition wherever I go. I love that about JH. It is still a community rather than a small town or city.

I am considered kinda a big fish out here in a very small pond. One person can and does make a difference out here. I know the Mayor personally (did the transportation for his wedding). I know most of the town council, Teton County board members, etc..... Most people do. There are challenges to living here for sure, but over all, Jackson is a quaint small community without big city headaches.

The Psychos came from Hawaii. They owned a fishing charter business and after 20 years, got sick of it, pulled up the stakes and moved to JH. They wanted peace, quiet and to be part of the community. The problem is they have simply gone overboard. I admit there is some adjustment in your attitude when you move here. Coming from ATL and Charleston SC, I didn't immediatly not stop locking my car. Once you learn the area, the "live and let live" attitude comes naturally. They have now been here four years and just don't get it and probably never will. To consider someone cleaning his gun and accidently shooting himself in the foot a crime and a "shooting" pretty much sums it up. It is sad, because it kinda defeats to whole purpose of living here. In a way, I feel sorry for them. They are so paranoid about people infringing on thier peace and quiet and Jackson eveolving into a Hawaii, they might never truely get it and be accepted here. They should have moved somewhere else.

VetteLT193
03-26-2008, 07:28 AM
I feel for ya.

My next door neighbor has septic problems and it stinks... the way the wind naturally blows down my street it comes my way 90% of the time. I'm in a new neighborhood (all the homes built out in 2005) so it just didn't make sense to me. Well, it turns out my neighbor is not the sharpest tool in the shed because the septic guy came back out for the 10th time trying to fix it and found the entire drain field loaded with grease that they have been dumping down the drain. (septic guy was happy to show me pictures it was so bad)

He's also an a-hole in general: for example, he mows the lawn and blows grass clippings on my driveway and vehicles. I confronted him about it one day and he explained to me that he didn't do it (he's telling me this with grass all over my cars and driveway while sitting on his mower). This blew my mind, and infuriated me so I asked him about the $hit smell and he explained to me that is "your nose" because he can't smell a thing.

handfulz28
03-26-2008, 08:27 AM
If you have the stomach for it, join the homeowners group...especially if you find them more on your side than your neighbor. You already have the contacts with the city/county/etc., but joining the group just solidifies your commitment to the neighborhood. Instead of being the new guy/loner dealing with the psyhcos, you'll have everyone on your side when you need them.

It sounds like the psychos have a hard time with reasonable development, but I wouldn't lose sleep over them doing something terribly criminal. Keep an eye out, stay friendly with the rest of the neighbors, it might just work out ok as the psychos get used to a new neighbor.

And share pics when you can. As someone who has spent way too much time in south Florida, I love looking at the scenery... :)

boxy
03-26-2008, 09:41 AM
I feel for ya.
My next door neighbor has septic problems and it stinks... the way the wind naturally blows down my street it comes my way 90% of the time. I'm in a new neighborhood (all the homes built out in 2005) so it just didn't make sense to me. Well, it turns out my neighbor is not the sharpest tool in the shed because the septic guy came back out for the 10th time trying to fix it and found the entire drain field loaded with grease that they have been dumping down the drain. (septic guy was happy to show me pictures it was so bad)
He's also an a-hole in general: for example, he mows the lawn and blows grass clippings on my driveway and vehicles. I confronted him about it one day and he explained to me that he didn't do it (he's telling me this with grass all over my cars and driveway while sitting on his mower). This blew my mind, and infuriated me so I asked him about the $hit smell and he explained to me that is "your nose" because he can't smell a thing.

Vette, if you can smell his septic system, there is a ground break out somewhere. I don't know what your regulations are in Florida, but here in Ontario, if a system has failed, and there is ground break out (septic discharge above ground) it becomes a Ministry of the Enviroment issue, and they will force a homeowner to fix the system.

Johntrip
03-28-2008, 01:44 PM
My next door neighbor is a preacher (not sure the religon) but its not a common one..... My wife calls him a cult leader but any who when we first moved in he would herrass me to join him in prayer.?? After a while he stopped but after ten years of living next to each other he tells me everytime he sees me that he prays for me and my family. I just say "thanks" and walk away shaking my head.... Before I fenced my front yard I would catch him sprinkling holy water on my grass after he just mowed it for me.... he would say that the lord told him he should do it. I'd say "thanks" and walk away shaking my head.... My wife tells me I have an unusual tolerence for the strange and weird. I think i just enjoyed coming home from work having the yard half mowed!!

f_inscreenname
03-28-2008, 05:21 PM
Fences make good neighbors.
Around here we seem to be a little more compact then you all in your wide open spaces (10 acres, I have a ½ and that’s a good size lot for here). So when ever I have moved into a house, the guns and gun cabinets are moved in, out in the wide open for all to see. Then let the wife get to know the neighbors (small talk) as you stand off in a distance like, “WTF?” a few times or like a “crazed gun nut.” After that they will go out of their way to be nice to you or at least respect your boundaries.
If no guns it can be done other ways. If there is one thing crazy’s respect is the guy that could be a little more crazy then they are.http://www.supernova19.com/forumcw/Smileys/classic/paranoid.gif (javascript:void(0);)

Formula Jr
03-31-2008, 05:15 PM
All my neighbors are far enough away that I can ignore them.

That was by design. And it works..... :wink: