PDA

View Full Version : New member with a new Donzi!

RunninRed
03-24-2008, 10:09 AM
Yep, there's a new Donzi in the waters of the southeast. Well, new to me anyways. A 1999 22 ZX, bought from Little Grizz here on the registry. I'm sure I dont have to tell ya'll what this boat is about.

Took it out Saturday for the first time, absolutely loved it. Ran like a dream, all the ladies loved it. Buddy of mine with a 27 ft. Fountain 502 wanted a piece, didnt turn out well for him...

With 3 people in it and a full tank saw 77.5 on the GPS. Still workin on gettin the trim right, may have another mph or so left.

Lookin forward to a good summer!
Greg

Donzi LG
03-24-2008, 10:18 AM
Congrats on a beautiful boat and welcome to the board. I think you'll really like your ZX, the 22 is a really fun boat!

John

The Hedgehog
03-24-2008, 10:47 AM
Yep, there's a new Donzi in the waters of the southeast. Well, new to me anyways. A 1999 22 ZX, bought from Little Grizz here on the registry. I'm sure I dont have to tell ya'll what this boat is about.

Took it out Saturday for the first time, absolutely loved it. Ran like a dream, all the ladies loved it. Buddy of mine with a 27 ft. Fountain 502 wanted a piece, didnt turn out well for him...

With 3 people in it and a full tank saw 77.5 on the GPS. Still workin on gettin the trim right, may have another mph or so left.

Greg

Congrads. I am sure that you dusted him properly. I am building a 26ZX that will dine on a steady diet of Fountains and Baja's (I guess that they are one and the same now).

Welcome aboard.

Tim Morris
03-24-2008, 12:38 PM
...and the movie.

another line - 'my hypocrisy knows no bounds'

RunninRed
03-24-2008, 12:46 PM
...and the movie.

another line - 'my hypocrisy knows no bounds'

My favorite character in my favorite movie. You may also like the tag on my mustang... :wink:

chappy
03-24-2008, 12:48 PM
Welcome to the board,

"Come on Johnny, come on........................You're no daisy, you're no daisy at all"

Enjoy:cool:

Tim Morris
03-24-2008, 01:39 PM
You tell 'em.....tell 'em I'm comin' and hell's comin' with me.

Barry Eller
03-24-2008, 02:01 PM
Welcome & Congrats!

I have a movie line for ya, the name of my Donzi is "YIPPY-KAI-YAY", from Die Hard. My wife won't let me finish the rest of it.

CHACHI
03-24-2008, 02:07 PM
You tell 'em.....tell 'em I'm comin' and hell's comin' with me.
You travellin' with Cinder again?

BigGrizzly
03-24-2008, 04:44 PM
We were talking about you today and wondered what was up. With a little seat tine you will go faster. Good Luck and we will see you at Eufaula. Or here on Lanier

rtgogo
03-24-2008, 07:31 PM
RunninRed...what lake ya on? Just bought a 22zx a couple of weeks ago and have her down at lake Martin.

Team Jefe
03-25-2008, 06:33 AM
Welcome aboard.....I'm sure you will never regret the purchase. Any boat associated with either "Grizz" is a powerhouse, and all Donzi's are babe magnets:wink:

The Hedgehog
03-25-2008, 08:42 AM
RunninRed...what lake ya on? Just bought a 22zx a couple of weeks ago and have her down at lake Martin.

When is your order from Dana coming in?

We are expecting to see some good pics of your new bling!

RunninRed
03-25-2008, 09:36 AM

We are mainly out on the Chatahoochie river. I'm in Dothan, bout 45 min. south of Eufaula. Lake Eufaula is not my favorite though, always alot of law there. Now that i have this boat I would like to make it up to Martin. Good stuff goin on up there??

The Hedgehog
03-25-2008, 09:52 AM
We are mainly out on the Chatahoochie river. I'm in Dothan, bout 45 min. south of Eufaula. Lake Eufaula is not my favorite though, always alot of law there. Now that i have this boat I would like to make it up to Martin. Good stuff goin on up there??

I lived on Eufaula for a couple of years. You need to hang out at the upper end to avoid the hassel. We usually went down to the big Island early in the day and then finshed the afternoon off at Rabbit Island. From there you could practically see the Marina. I used Chewalla Creek Marina as a safe haven. It is sort of a Eufaula local crowd but they are some real good folks. They always have a good dock party going late in the day. It did not hurt living a mile from there at St Francis. I kept my Big Green ZX on the drydock there. Larry, that owns the place, did my Procharger install and a bunch of other stuff. He is not scared of blower motors. I miss them. I would love to get down to Eufaula this summer to see those folks.

Lil Grizz
03-25-2008, 01:38 PM

Greg
Glad to hear you love it. Did you expect it to be that fast? LOL. I bet the 27 Fountain never saw that coming.

rtgogo
03-25-2008, 06:34 PM
HH..
Bling is cumin, gotta get her to upholstery shop next week for a few accents and carpet.....