PDA

View Full Version : AOTH Auction Item Tips!

roadtrip se
03-23-2008, 02:06 PM
Every year, one of the highlights of the AOTH is the Saturday night auction. After a great Texas-style barbeque, Tom, aka Fishin Sucks, No Autographs Please, gets up and auctions off a whole bunch of stuff that you donate to fund the operating budget for the Midwest Donzi Club and the Donzi.net. We have a ball!

I wanted to take a moment and give everybody an idea of the kinds of items that have been popular from year to year, so you could begin thinking about what might make a good item to bring this year.

In the past:

1) A good bottle of wine or a case of regional microbrew.
2) A Steve Simon autographed Donzi Racing shirt.
3) A felt poker table complete with cards and chips.
4) An LCD flat panel TV.
5) A Donzi logo women's bath robe in powder blue, one of my favorities.
6) Logo wear of any sort.
7) Purses made out of license plates.
8) RC boats.
9) Presidential coins and shot glasses.
10 The Homeless Olympics DVD, a priceless gem for anyone's collection.
10) Collectible offshore history books and posters.
11) Boat gear and hard to find Classic stuff.
12 You get the idea...

We are looking for really cool, collectible, special stuff.

Unfortunately, sometimes an auction item may not bring what it should for whatever reason. This year, I am suggesting that we introduce an optional minimum reserve price on an item to be established by the owner, or Tom at his discretion which could get scary. Just put a piece of tape with your price on the item and that is where bidding will start. We want you to bring the good stuff and know it will sell at a fair price.

Anybody that can't make it this year and has something they would like donate, just PM me and I will send you an address to ship the item to. I have already received a few things which is pretty cool!

See you all soon and get ready for the bidding wars!

RTSE
"This announcement brought to you by the auctioneer assistant who can be paid off to tip bidding in your general direction before, during, and after the auction occurs. Dominican cigars are a good choice!"

farmer tx
03-23-2008, 09:29 PM
DISCLAIMER: THE BBQ CAN NO LONGER BE CALLED "TEXAS" BBQ BECAUSE I WAS TOLD TO LEAVE THE MESQUITE AT HOME.

Sorry about ya Todd!

roadtrip se
03-24-2008, 11:20 AM
One thing that is just about guarenteed when you put FarmerTex and RTSE near a smoker together is a good old fashioned arguement about the process. Fortunately, it hasn't come down to a knife fight, yet, and the general result is some pretty darn tasty morsels. Can't break with tradition.

As a memory jogger Mark, we cooked with hickory, pecan, fruitwood, and mesquite on a regular basis when we hooked up at Possum Kingdom for our food-fests back in Texas.

MP, yes I was there for sixteen years, but I think FT will tell you I have gone back to Yankee, since leaving Texas.

roadtrip se
04-20-2008, 10:57 AM
Think Auction stuff!

I've chatted with a few folks about what they are bringing.

Sounds like Saturday night should present some great opportunities to bid on some very cool stuff!

FISHIN SUCKS
04-21-2008, 01:13 PM
To add to Todd's list, as a suggestion, there are number of Cigarette people coming and I recall last year a pretty cool framed cigarette rendering being auctioned off. So, maybe we can think about our guests as well, 'cause we won't descriminate their money:smash::smash::smash:! Oh, and Light blue Donzi robes on men are funny, but questionable:eek:!

BlownCrewCab
04-22-2008, 02:32 PM
I talked to Brownie Earlier and he's going to send me some stuff for the auction. From Past and Present..

roadtrip se
05-06-2008, 10:56 AM
Madpoodle, one of the Precision Props dealers on the board,
has agreed to donate a three blade, TXP of your choice in pitch, starting at a reserve price of $200.

Thank you Scott!

I wanted to make you all aware, so you could take advantage of prop testing time while the Precision guys are available on Friday morning.

Test it on Friday and then get a great deal on it on Saturday.

And yes, you MUST be present to win!

goatee
05-06-2008, 11:59 PM
careful tex,, he's a yank now. you dont wanna go and bring a knife to gun fight.