PDA

View Full Version : Bonefishing.....

Donziweasel
03-23-2008, 12:47 PM
For a few years I have been working on a new fly for Bonefishing. Last year I tried some variations of it and it simply kills them. The secret is that I tie a rattle in the eyes of the fly and then put real looking eyes on them. It sounds like a shrimp or crab clicking under water. With spooky bonefish, if you drop a fly within 10 ft of them, they can bolt. Not with Johnny's rattle puff! It hits the water and every time they charge it. Give it a strip or two for a little more rattle and bang, bonefish on. Not much to the fly actually and easy to tie. There are rattling flies, but none in my configuration, colors or pattern. If anyone is ever going bonefishing, let me know and I will tie a few for ya, but you are sworn to secrecy! Hate to be at the bar after a hard days fishing talking to some stranger about bonefishing and have him tell me they slayed them. Then I will ask what they are using and he will say "a new fly called Johnny's rattle puff"! It has happened before! I fished this fly (variations)for a week straight last year and caught bones till my arm hurt! I think it is finally perfected!