PDA

View Full Version : Lake St. Clair Spring Dust Off?

detroitdonzi
03-23-2008, 12:35 PM
Just wondering if anyone wanted to go out or set up a meet.

Carl C
03-23-2008, 02:01 PM
I'm always in for a monday-thursday hook up on St. Clair. Week-ends are tougher for me plus the lake is busier. If you get a good response I'd try to make it anyway.

Sam
03-23-2008, 08:08 PM
I'm sure there are a few around that would like to hook up. I'm sure we can talk to Doug Luvins, Randy Oak and of course I'm game. Based on most folks schedules weekends are probably the best bet. Did you have a date in mind ?

Sam

olredalert
03-23-2008, 09:41 PM
-------Im in........Bill S

Sam
03-24-2008, 07:55 AM
Way to go Bill, good to see you made it through the winter......LOL :wink:. What are are bringing ?

BUIZILLA
03-24-2008, 08:05 AM
there is a topic on OSO in the Magnum section about a St Clair raftup as well, maybe make it a brother-brother event?

Sam
03-24-2008, 12:03 PM
Thanks for the heads up Buizilla, that would be an interesting raft up :wink:.

Kirbyvv
03-24-2008, 12:22 PM
thought Matty and Scott Person had "dust off" as a registered trademark......

Carl C
03-25-2008, 05:58 PM
thought Matty and Scott Person had "dust off" as a registered trademark...... Hey, detroitdonzi, kick around some dates. Dust off is definately taken, trademarked or not so the event will need a different name. I'm more into running the boats than rafting up all day but I've never been on St. Clair on the week-end and it might be pretty rough. Maybe early in the season won't be too bad. :alligator

Sam
03-25-2008, 06:30 PM
Hey, detroitdonzi, kick around some dates. Dust off is definately taken, trademarked or not so the event will need a different name. I'm more into running the boats than rafting up all day but I've never been on St. Clair on the week-end and it might be pretty rough. Maybe early in the season won't be too bad. :alligator

Who cares what you call it, it's not a sanctioned event so let's call it the "spring splash" or what ever you want. As for running around on the weekend it's good up until around 1:00 then you'll see more boat activity. I run all over the place in my 16 and have never been turned back because of bad water. That said you need to use some common sense and hope the weather gods smile on you.

Based on past gatherings we have tried to be on the water by 9:00 am which gives us a few good hours of hard run time. We can stop at Browns for lunch and then decide what to do from there.................just my two cents.

Sam

Carl C
03-25-2008, 07:17 PM
"spring splash" :):):)

Kirbyvv
03-26-2008, 07:23 AM
was only kidding about the dust-off trade mark :wink:

hot shot
03-26-2008, 07:59 AM
I'm in lets try to settle on a date, Just thinking out load, could start from metro beach and cruz for a while and then go to the worlds largest raft off, I've not been but every report i've heard is it is a fantastic deal. But i can say i"m in for what ever happens. Mick

hot shot
03-26-2008, 08:02 AM
Carl... If you want to do a smaller week day run i'm in for that as well... I don't have a problem playing hooky, but i'm sure the week end deal would get alot more boats... let me know and mabe i can get a few from down my way mick

Carl C
03-26-2008, 08:30 AM
Carl... If you want to do a smaller week day run i'm in for that as well... I don't have a problem playing hooky, but i'm sure the week end deal would get alot more boats... let me know and mabe i can get a few from down my way mick I'd love to do that. I am tired of all the events planned on week-ends when the ramps and lakes are packed and you cannot even run the boats so everyone ends up anchored or rafted. Most people get sick days, it's just a phone call away! I think we could get at least 6 boats on a week-day and we'll have good water to really explore the lake. Yes, I work week-ends and it's expensive for me to make a week-end event but I wouldn't mind if not for all the week-end madness. It's frustrating to take that financial hit and find that everyone is just rafted up and I'm like "I spent $1,500 to sit here and drink beer?". BTW, joking or not it wouldn't be right to use the name "Dust-Off". Spring Splash is better anyway! All JMHO

hot shot
03-26-2008, 08:50 AM
Carl: We could do one in june, july, aug, & sept. pick like the 2nd wed or 3rd thurs or what ever and who ever can swing it all meet at a ramp and you can help with the agenda because its your back yard. I think it sounds great.. nothing formal... just enjoying a day at the lake with our favorite boat and some good friends. what does everyone think ?

Carl C
03-26-2008, 09:16 AM
Carl: We could do one in june, july, aug, & sept. pick like the 2nd wed or 3rd thurs or what ever and who ever can swing it all meet at a ramp and you can help with the agenda because its your back yard. I think it sounds great.. nothing formal... just enjoying a day at the lake with our favorite boat and some good friends. what does everyone think ? I like it. I usually put in at metro beach. Since folks use different ramps and some live or rent slips on the water we could set a time and place to meet on the water. Lake St. Clair Light is a good spot. It's near the middle of the lake and easy to find. The thing is to not let the idea die out and post more when the ice is gone and folks are more excited about boating. I would say to bring it back up later. Remember this is detroitdonzi's thread and if there is a "Spring Splash" it will be his gig and probably on a week-end.:alligator Like I said, I am always in for a good week-day run on Lake St. Clair. Just post it here and I'll be there!

detroitdonzi
03-26-2008, 10:13 AM
Hey this is for all to help plan ,my schedule is pretty flexible.

hot shot
03-27-2008, 12:28 PM
that's right detroit donzi. i'm all over it and will help out if needed, i hope others pipe in with any suggestions.
Mick

Jack Frost
03-27-2008, 01:44 PM
when did they move the dustoff to Michigan and change the date from Father's day weekend to a week day???? I just did a search and this came up, the longest running event and now they do this??? man Pearson has really lost it

Carl C
03-27-2008, 03:01 PM
BTW, joking or not it wouldn't be right to use the name "Dust-Off". Spring Splash is better anyway! All JMHO

when did they move the dustoff to Michigan and change the date from Father's day weekend to a week day???? I just did a search and this came up, the longest running event and now they do this??? man Pearson has really lost it Mr. Frost, I told 'em, man. Feel free to change the name of the thread. I don't think detroitdonzi will mind. Dust-off belongs to S. Pearson, Matty and the bunch on Lake George. Btw, what's up with 3-5 inches of snow tonight:eek!:? Punishment for using Dust-off:eek!:? It's about time for Jack Frost to get out of Dodge.

detroitdonzi
03-27-2008, 03:42 PM
Well dont want to step on any toes. Lets change it to the Lake St. Clair Spring Splash administrators can be done thanks .

ygrowup
04-03-2008, 12:35 PM
there is a topic on OSO in the Magnum section about a St Clair raftup as well, maybe make it a brother-brother event?

Magnum Mark aka 'h2oboater' is looking into possibly rounding up the Magnum posse on LSC on the first or second weekend of June & including the Donzi, Cig, Pantera, Mirage faithful. More to come........

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182652

Sam
04-03-2008, 07:12 PM
Sounds like a fun day, keep us posted................thanks.

Sam

KRAVEN
04-03-2008, 07:16 PM
I'm in as long as the boat is back from the fiberglass shop.Got stranded on Harsen"s Island for 2 days due to the ice jamb in front of the ferry dock!:shocking:

Sam
04-04-2008, 09:29 AM
I'm in as long as the boat is back from the fiberglass shop.Got stranded on Harsen"s Island for 2 days due to the ice jamb in front of the ferry dock!:shocking:

That sucks :doh:........I got off just in time :) .

Carl C
04-04-2008, 10:35 AM
That sucks :doh:........I got off just in time :) . Isn't there a hovercraft ferry?

ygrowup
04-05-2008, 01:23 PM
Magnum Mark aka 'h2oboater' is looking into possibly rounding up the Magnum posse on LSC on the first or second weekend of June & including the Donzi, Cig, Pantera, Mirage faithful. More to come........

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182652

Mark & the Magnum bunch are leaning towards the 14th of June. Can check this link for more info..........

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2512472&postcount=55

Sam
04-05-2008, 03:59 PM
I'd love to come out and play :wink: .

amabbott
04-09-2008, 11:04 PM
im all in:hyper::crossfing:

hot shot
04-13-2008, 06:38 PM
I think that is fathers day week end and I'll probably at lake george... bummer mabe we can do it again
Mick

ygrowup
05-19-2008, 12:06 PM
Just wondering if anyone wanted to go out or set up a meet.

The Lake St. Clair old school reunion is a go for June 14th. Details at:
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186733 (http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186733) Going to be some great classic rigs there & the more Donzis the better.

Sam
05-19-2008, 01:27 PM
Are there any qualifiers for the event and will there be a run ?

ygrowup
05-20-2008, 07:29 AM
Are there any qualifiers for the event and will there be a run ?

Very informal....rafting up at the docks at Jack's a.m. After lunch, weather permitting, make a run up to and through Metro Beach and then over to the islands for the afternoon.

Sam
05-20-2008, 12:10 PM
Islands ? as in Harsens ?

detroitdonzi
05-20-2008, 02:16 PM
I'll be there if the weather would ever get better, seems like here in Michigan theres no spring anymore ,oh well donzi on!

ygrowup
05-20-2008, 03:03 PM
Islands ? as in Harsens ?

Most likely Muscamoot Bay via Gull Island....again, very informal / flexible depending on weather & who and how many show.

Sam
05-20-2008, 04:34 PM
Most likely Muscamoot Bay via Gull Island....again, very informal / flexible depending on weather & who and how many show.

I'll meet up with the crew once they get to the bay area, we need to exchange cell numbers. I'll PM you.

Carl C
05-21-2008, 06:09 PM
Anyone in for this Monday, Memorial Day? I'll be putting in at Metro Beach.

cherry82482
05-21-2008, 06:52 PM
Carl and any other Donzi owners

I hope to be out Monday Afternoon as well. Weather is looking a little shady, (Possible Rain in the afternoon according to Jerry Hodak). I usually put my boat in at Selfridge Airbase (DNR ramp at the end of M-59). A lot less traffic then at Metro Beach and closer to home.