PDA

View Full Version : My first thread!

Boo Boo
03-22-2008, 06:54 PM
Here goes. Since Johns foot has been hurt I know he has been talking on here alot. He is just bored since he can't ski snowmobile or work on his bronco. Since he is sitting on the couch drinking cherry juics and eating apricots I decided to read a little and see what all the hoopla is about. You guys talk about some wierd stuff for a boating site and some of it is very entertaining and funny!

I did not really understand the Fountain Baja thing except one boat company bought another and some of you seem upset about it. I also got that people may lose thier jobs. I hope that doesn't happen!

John told me to read the car dealer one. Pretty entertaining, but it was not as bad as John said it was. John buys and sells vehicles all the time for his business but I have never seen him do it. This time I had to go because I had to drive my car there to see what the trade in value would be. On the way there John and I talked about it on the cell phones. He told me what to say and when to say it. I was terrified by the time we got there! It sounded like a fist fight might happen! John is really a big softie but it was fascinating to see him change when he got there. All the sudden he was all business. He was professional and polite with the salesman. John wanted to know the price of the truck and the trade in. The guy just kept telling him the final price and what a good deal it was. Finally john got up to leave and the guy finally told him both prices. It was not a good deal! John politely got up smiled and shook the guys hand and told him he would be in touch. Then we walked out and he was a big softie again. I think he is really good at what he does.

I know he did not mean to upset some of you and felt really bad when he realized that some of you were car salesmen. He was just frustrated.

I liked seeing everyone's dogs. John really wants to meet some of you and hopes one day to go to AOTH or Lake Powell. We might be able to make Lake Powell but AOTH will have to wait. I think he said Don Tam was coming to hunt this fall.

Why does eveyone have to poop so much? Does it mean you didn't like what someone had to say? I think it is funny!

I hope I did ok on my first thread and thank you for reading.

Boo Boo

BlownCrewCab
03-22-2008, 08:03 PM
I Think you did fine for your first post, Didn't piss anyone off, or start a bickering thread... But really, we're glad your there to take care of the big softie while his foot is hurting, also most of us become different creatures when we go into a dealership cause we know they want to take advantage (Screw) us because we are not car dealers. So we have to puff our chests out a little (when the better half is there) Now, I think he's probably needing another cup of juice so you better quit screwing around on the puter and tend to softie:smash: Then look over the Lazy P Plans again and be sure he didn't miss anything.. Nice to finally hear from Boo Boo personally.. Enjoy

Carl C
03-22-2008, 08:47 PM
Funny story about John.:yes: I don't know what's up with all the poop talk but John will if he keeps eating apricots and cherry juice. Make him stop.:doh:

Donziweasel
03-23-2008, 07:28 AM
Damn woman, why are you telling everyone I am a big softie? They all think I am a hard ass!LOL Was wondering what you were doing in there typing away yesterday. Oh well, better watch what I say from now on now that you are lurking around!:hangum:

Boo Boo
03-23-2008, 09:17 AM
Thanks everyone. Madpoodle, it was nice talking with you as well. Don't know how much I will be around but I promise to check in every once in a while to make sure John is behaving!

Cuda
03-23-2008, 09:55 AM
Don't hold it against John, for tough negotiating with a car dealer. I had one sell me a new truck, and after the deal was done, he shook my hand, thanked me for the business, and said he hoped he never had to sell me a truck again. :)

Boo Boo
03-23-2008, 03:03 PM
Joe, I think John did a great job. He wasnt mean or anything. He was nice and very professional. I know he worked with Ford here for years and they knew what to expect of him when he came in to buy something. He always got a good deal and was happy at the end. This new ford dealer just did not know him or how to treat him. It all worked out and he found a new dealer to work with who understands him and his needs. Plus, I GOT A NEW CAR! :convertib: I know I would never be as good at him at buying vehicles. He has alot of experience and since I have known him, I bet he has bought and sold 25-30 vehicles.

You think he is wound up when dealing with car dealers, you should see him when he is dealing with bus dealers!LOL:wink:

Team Jefe
03-24-2008, 06:41 AM
Damn woman, why are you telling everyone I am a big softie? They all think I am a hard ass!LOL Was wondering what you were doing in there typing away yesterday. Oh well, better watch what I say from now on now that you are lurking around!:hangum:

The jig is up Amigo...you big Softie...and here I thought all you wild west Wyoming guys were real men...guess you'll have to leave that chore to us Texas Boys :wink:

Boo Boo, just keep on posting girl...I love it:yes:

Cherry Jiuce and Apricots...let me guess...Gout?