PDA

View Full Version : New CMI Headers For Small Blocks

fasttrucker
03-22-2008, 06:18 PM
looks like the way to go for all you small block ownwers.
www.custommarine.com

smokediver
03-23-2008, 05:00 PM
ummm , what do you mean ?

MOP
03-23-2008, 05:13 PM
I poked around and found they want 7K for the sport tubes, no doubt a fine item. But for 7K you can buy decent heads, stroker kit, cam and several other good internal goodies. Those items and cheaper headers will make a bunch more HP and sound even more awesome!

mjw930
03-23-2008, 05:23 PM
If you follow this link (http://www.custommarine.com/headerapps/ElbowTop.php) and look under the CMI Standard Elbow Top Systems they have part number 13460 for Small Block Chevrolet and Ford Engines @ $3850. I'm not sure if that includes the tailpipe, if not that's another $995.

The Hedgehog
03-23-2008, 06:37 PM
They are pretty proud of those. I am in MOP's camp. Get some SM's or Lightning and spend the bucks on some other goodies.

mphatc
03-23-2008, 07:02 PM
I bit for these for my 302 Ford after my H&M logs cracked. There are very limited options for a SBF . . . that offer performance.

The Elbow Top tube size is so large that I can't see any need for the Sport Tubes on a small block m enen one punched out to 427 cubes and turning 6500 + rpms . .

A bit of a note, for anyone interested in these, CMI uses an adapter flange to mate these to an engine, This plate is 1/2" thick and effect access to spark plugs. On my Ford which now has AFR Aluminum heads the spark plug location and angle is different from the stock 302 or 5.0 heads, and I have had to switch to small top spark plugs to make all this fit . . .

It also took CMI 7 months to deliver on my order . . . . so I lost all last summer on the dock . . .

Mario L.

osur866
03-24-2008, 12:57 AM
They are pretty proud of those. I am in MOP's camp. Get some SM's or Lightning and spend the bucks on some other goodies.
Agreed, I put SM on over the winter and am working on some other goodies all for the same or less than those CMI's and fwiw I saw little to zero top end gain, mostly handling a boat that plans more quickly and flys more flat. Saved 83lbs over the merc iron. But I could see how the alure of the all chrome headers could get ya :wink: Steve