PDA

View Full Version : EMI or Revolution Marine

brwn234
03-22-2008, 06:28 AM
I'm ready to order my new exhaust and I'm still debating between EMI Thunder with Alum Riser or Revolution Marine. I can have both to my door for around $1100. The EMI includes all brackets but the Revoltion will probably be just a bit more expensive because everywhere I've seen you've got to order brackets seperatley. Do I have the option of the "flange" being dry with both of them? Any advantage of one or the other? Let me know what you think

Cuda
03-22-2008, 08:56 AM
I had EMI on the SBC in the Minx, and loved them. Last year, I bought Dana for the 22, I was going to get Rev's, but I just thought the Danas looked better.

mjw930
03-22-2008, 09:28 AM
Honestly, if you haven't done anything to the motor you can get off a lot cheaper and still get a bit of a performance bump using the GLM exhaust. It will last just a long as these other aluminum systems, provide the same performance and save you $500.

It's an option IMHO worth considering. I just put them on my 7.4L and they work as advertised.

http://i14.ebayimg.com/04/i/06/64/c0/91_1.JPG

Of course if you've added a cam then forget this post ;)

handfulz28
03-22-2008, 10:50 AM
Are those GLMs an exact replacement of the OEM Mercs? Just wondering about flange height, as in will my stock risers and spacers still end up in the same place.

As for Rev versus EMI, they are one in the same at this point. I suspect the Revs were just copies, and now EMI is handling most/all of the Rev business. I had two pairs of Revs, but I needed 3" spacers. I called Rev and heard them in the background talking about calling EMI to get the spacers. I ended up selling the Revs. Just get the EMIs...

brwn234
03-22-2008, 11:26 AM
I thought about GLM but the cheapest I can find it is around $750 to my door. And I rather pay and extra $350 to have the option to put a bigger cam in or any other performance upgrades. Also I think EMI look better. You did have me looking around the internet for prices. Where did you buy yours? I could take some of that money and put it twoards something I can actually see like my shifter.

mjw930
03-22-2008, 05:24 PM
The GLM's are an exact replacement for the Merc risers and the have a 3" extension if you need it.

I got mine here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&viewitem=&item=320215382571

I think their regular price is $579 at this link: http://www.ebasicpower.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=eBasicPower&Product_Code=GLM59235

You save about $400 and just so you know, the EMI's or Rev's with the cast risers aren't spec'd for big cams. They aren't much better than stock from a reversion standpoint unless you run a SS riser that dumps the water at the end of the pipe.

Barry Eller
03-24-2008, 05:51 AM
You save about $400 and just so you know, the EMI's or Rev's with the cast risers aren't spec'd for big cams. They aren't much better than stock from a reversion standpoint unless you run a SS riser that dumps the water at the end of the pipe.

I have a set of Revoultions. They have a "water dam" at the exit of the riser that does a good job of preventing reversion. And I do have a lot of cam in my 502. No problems at all with them.

My original 454HO had a set of EMI's with the water passages inside the risers. I did get reversion with them.

I have aquired a set of Gil Dry Offshores, and have removed the Revoultions and am in th process of installing the Gils. It is going to be very loud...:shocker: