PDA

View Full Version : It's official...house is sold.

yeller
03-21-2008, 03:42 PM
:( You think I'd be happy. Sold in less than 2wks for full asking price. I love this place and am truly going to miss it. Went for a walk on the golf course a few nights ago. Only walked 4 fairways and only about half way on each. Half hr to 45min later and I had 78 golf balls in my pocket. :eek: Have to stock up before I go. :D

New/old house isn't half the place this is, but we believe the property is going to skyrocket in that area over the next few years. I just keep telling myself that sometimes you have to step down the ladder to get on one that goes higher.

Completion is the end of June. New buyers are from Toronto and have to take care of some business before they move. I figure they can't be half bad if they are leaving Toronto. :wink::wink:
Looks like we'll have to pack our stuff in a storage container 1st week of June, then we're off for 3wks of boating. We'll just get back, sign the papers and have to unpack a lot more than just the truck.

Here's a link to what I'm going to miss.
http://mysite.coldwellbanker.ca/ritaeng/myListingsNew.asp?team_fl=N
My listing is the one in Coquitlam

Edit: I forgot to mention it was the second offer that went through. The 1st offer had subjects that needed to be removed by midnight Mar19. At 10:30 that night, the buyer was still phoning overseas trying to secure the last bit of financing from his relatives. What an ass. If you can't afford something, don't make an offer.....and don't leave it down to the very last minute to try and get the $. He asked for an extention, but luckily we had a back up offer so we happily told him to take a hike. I know we were very lucky that the Toronto family didn't find anything else they liked while the 1st guy was wasting our time. Glad it's going to the Toronto family though. They have 2 young daughters and I always told myself this place is almost wasted on me. It's the perfect place for kids to enjoy.

gcarter
03-21-2008, 11:06 PM
Congratulations Yeller!
Be good to get rid of one of the mortgages, right?:wink:

Ed Donnelly
03-21-2008, 11:07 PM
I hope you are going to be nice to the people and give them a few tips

#1 Where are you from?

Never say anywhere east of the Okanagan

My brother has lived in Van for 40 yrs and they still call him an Easterner.................Ed

yeller
03-22-2008, 02:26 AM
Congratulations Yeller!
Be good to get rid of one of the mortgages, right?:wink:Yes it will be George. Actually, for a short period of time, we'll be mortgage/debt free. That'll be nice for sure. We're working on something (that unfortunately I can't discuss publicly) that'll erase the 'debt free' part...and then some.

I hope you are going to be nice to the people and give them a few tips
#1 Where are you from?
Never say anywhere east of the Okanagan
My brother has lived in Van for 40 yrs and they still call him an Easterner.................Ed Ed..I was thinking of you when I made the Toronto comment. I just couldn't resist. :rofl: