PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a solid manager......

Donziweasel
03-21-2008, 12:58 PM
One Achille's heal of Alltrans, Inc. is staffing. I have been looking for a group sales manager for 2 years with no success. Thought I might throw it out there. Anyone looking to re-locate to knows someone who might be interested, please let me know.

Salaried position, full benefits, ski pass, live in the worlds biggest playground, etc....

BUIZILLA
03-21-2008, 01:12 PM
:eek:

Donziweasel
03-21-2008, 01:27 PM
Buiz, you ever get tired of Miami, I am always looking for a good deisel wrench as well.:eek!:

Something you said in the car dealer thread hit really close to home, but with everyone pissed at me, I declined to comment. Finding a good mechanic has been my biggest nightmare, especially good deisel wrenches. Finally got two good guys in my bay, but it took 8 years and countless idiots who might have fancy tools, but didn't know how to use most of them. The market is shrinking. I post ads every year at WyoTech and get very little. Considering it is in Wyoming and considered a hell of a good trade school, possibly one of the best in the country, it is funny I can't find a good apprentice. They all want to work for Nascar, BMW, Porshce, etc..... Hell, a good deisel wrench can make huge money with over the road trucks, busses, cars, etc.... Oh well........

BUIZILLA
03-21-2008, 01:35 PM
Buiz, you ever get tired of Miami, I am always looking for a good deisel wrench as well... if you learned how to spell DIESEL correctly, that might help :cool:

I don't know of any deisel tech's :wink:

I don't wrench for a living anymore.... i'm the band leader and orchestra director, and i'm purty dammed good at it..

Donziweasel
03-21-2008, 02:22 PM
I know you don't turn wrenches anymore, and even if you did, I probably couldn't afford ya. Just funnin'. :wink:

Yeah, I spell Diesel so much, sometimes I get it wrong.:hangum: My bad.

Still, you have to admit there are fewer and fewer diesel techs entering the industry and they are getting hard to find. You are right that it seems kids these days would rather go out and party or play video games than learn a quality trade if they aren't interested in College.

chappy
03-21-2008, 02:39 PM
What does the job entail and what are the salary parameters?

Donziweasel
03-21-2008, 02:53 PM
I would figure it based on experience, education, personality, and ambition. The thing is, I try and make sure that everyone who works for me has enough time to enjoy Wyoming. People can make more money elsewhere. No one lives here for work, we live here to enjoy the biggest playground in the US. Starting would be between $40,000 and $60,000 + Benefits (Wyoming Blue Cross/Blue Shield)

Job entails working with Destination management companies and individuals on booking group transportation, working with the group while they are here, and billing them at the end of thier stay. Groups include ski groups, government agencies, corporate incentive groups, weddings, etc... Some can be large (500 ppl or more) and some are small (20). Some are demanding, some are easy going. I have worked with many Corporations- BFG Goodrich, Morgan Stanley, Xerox, etc...

I also worked with President Clinton both time he was here, Cheney occasionally.

Remind me to tell you about the huge lesbian wedding that chartered their own 757 jet. :smash:

Buiz, I wonder if you have noticed how mechanics don't like being called machanics any more. they are now all "Technicians". Automotive technicians, dIesel Technicians, etc... I guess with all the computerized crap these days, it fits. Me, i'm a mechanic.

chappy
03-21-2008, 03:06 PM
I would figure it based on experience, education, personality, and ambition. The thing is, I try and make sure that everyone who works for me has enough time to enjoy Wyoming. People can make more money elsewhere. No one lives here for work, we live here to enjoy the biggest playground in the US. Starting would be between $40,000 and $60,000 + Benefits (Wyoming Blue Cross/Blue Shield)
Job entails working with Destination management companies and individuals on booking group transportation, working with the group while they are here, and billing them at the end of thier stay. Groups include ski groups, government agencies, corporate incentive groups, weddings, etc... Some can be large (500 ppl or more) and some are small (20). Some are demanding, some are easy going. I have worked with many Corporations- BFG Goodrich, Morgan Stanley, Xerox, etc.

Interesting, conceptually, it's very similar to what I've been doing the last 20 years............................................. ..very nice looking playground also, but you wouldn't want the slowest classic in all of Wyoming now would ya?:woot:

Donziweasel
03-21-2008, 03:11 PM
Considering mine is the only Classic in Wyoming, I would feel pretty good about saying I have the second fastest one.:wink:

Ed Donnelly
03-21-2008, 03:31 PM
No such thing as mechanics anymore..
When I got in the boiler trade, Hi tech was taking the 26cu6 vacumn tube to the drug store to test on their tv and radio tube testers.. This was for flame rectification on gas fired boilers..

Today you plug in a display monitor and it tells you everything going on with the burner..

Between my monitors, analizers,lap top,digital gas leak,gas pressure,temperature test equipment, I carry over $25,000 in test equipment and $300 in tools

........................Ed (still a boiler mechanic and proud of it)

Donziweasel
03-21-2008, 03:35 PM
Ed, nice to see some other mechanics around, even if you are a Canadian mechanic!:wink::wink::wink: I would never hold it against ya though!

gold-n-rod
03-21-2008, 04:24 PM
Remind me to tell you about the huge lesbian wedding that chartered their own 757 jet.

Got any video? :shocking::wink:

Is that why Cheney was there?????? :eek::smash:

vonkamp
03-21-2008, 04:38 PM
Ex aircraft mechanic here. Or should I say Airframes, Systems, Hydraulics, Operations.

ASHO for short :smash::smash:

Donziweasel
03-22-2008, 07:33 AM
Before Cheney's time in office. It was funny because some of my older cowboy drivers didn't want to drive it. Said it was against thier beliefs (Wyoming is one of the most conservative states there is). I thought, hell, I'll drive it just to see what all the hoopla was about. This was before I met Boo Boo, I was young and single and I was thinking of other "possibilities":eek!: Two very cute Lesbo's, no bull dykes here. Anyway, my "possibilities" never really panned out, but it was an interesting affair. Wedding without the plane charter probably cost $300,000.00. Not sure what it costs to rent a 757, but I bet it aint cheap considering I get $1,200.00 a day for a motorcoach charter. Actually a very nice wedding.

Don't get me started on Cheney. Whenever he comes to JH, which is about once a month, it really gives me headaches. They don't tell us when he is coming, shut down the airport for hours, shut down his route to his house when he lands, etc.... Plays havoc with my operations. Plus, he never flies in on a Monday or Tuesday, when I only move 100-200 people to and from the Airport. Oh No-He has to fly in on Saturdays when I am trying to get 1200-1300 people to and from the airport. Big fat pain in the ass!