PDA

View Full Version : 350mag mpi

smokediver
03-19-2008, 06:47 AM
was wondering if it is possible to do a cam and head swap on a 2003 350 mag mpi .. i was wondering if the ecm will be compatible ... i have the "555" ecm and from what i have read , whipple is the only company that messes with them but i dont want to go that route ... i like the turn key reliability but .... lol .... am looking for a little more ... :yes: has anyone done a few mods to theirs short of supercharging ?

The Hedgehog
03-19-2008, 08:23 AM
was wondering if it is possible to do a cam and head swap on a 2003 350 mag mpi .. i was wondering if the ecm will be compatible ... i have the "555" ecm and from what i have read , whipple is the only company that messes with them but i dont want to go that route ... i like the turn key reliability but .... lol .... am looking for a little more ... :yes: has anyone done a few mods to theirs short of supercharging ?

I would imagine that it would work well along with beefing up the exhaust. I would bet that the good people at SM could set you up with a riser that was nice and dry.

I don't really know anyone that messes with the 555. Eddie Young and Tyler Crocket take them out and pin in a MEFI 4. I think that whipple goes that route as well.

smokediver
03-19-2008, 05:26 PM
i am gonna have to think on it ... lol... wanted to tell you that the guy down here with the 540 blower motor in the 27zx just got in an xr upper with a 2 inch shortie .. he is going to be turning a 5 blade maximus ... will let you know how it works out ...

The Hedgehog
03-19-2008, 06:03 PM
i am gonna have to think on it ... lol... wanted to tell you that the guy down here with the 540 blower motor in the 27zx just got in an xr upper with a 2 inch shortie .. he is going to be turning a 5 blade maximus ... will let you know how it works out ...

Do let me know how it works out. Why is he going to a 5 blade? Is he getting that much slip with a shorty?