PDA

View Full Version : Boat launches and all the B.S. that goes on!!!

Jraysray
03-16-2008, 08:31 PM
So we were coming in today to pull the boat out of the bay and once again the ramps were full of people doing non boating activities on the ramps. Crabbing, fishing and all kinds of things. This is not the first time these type people have been in the way and even though the sign say’s not to do it they do. I have had to run up on people before they will even pull up their crab nets.

Today was not good; the wife had finally reached the point of no return. As soon as we ran up on some crabbers they pulled their net up and we roped up to the launch. I no sooner got out of the boat and looked back and she was out of the boat un-tying nets from the cleats and chunking their gear out into the water!!! No Chit!!!! I was in shock…… I then started wrestling her to keep doing the rest of docks.

To make a long story short this incited a small riot that was moving from the parking lot to my boat. Somehow I got her in my truck and literally had to wade through the water to get to my boat get it on the trailer and bust a$$ out of there.

Needless to say I was pissed, embarrassed, in-shock and worried as to our safety and my boat. They were gathering around it tied up and looking hard.

As I reflect on it some hours later I am kind of on the fence about it. It was the wrong thing to do but damn!!!! This was a sober move as well. Your opinion would help as to how long I am pissed.

Has anyone else had any episodes such as this?