PDA

View Full Version : Monza Boats?

Jraysray
03-16-2008, 07:53 PM
Came across this guy who had a sweet older boat here at Clear lake TX today. 1980 vintage. He said it was a Don Aronow hull and it was some type of offshoot from Donzi. Somebody clear this up for me. I knew I liked it but I have never seen one.

Got the boat wet for the first time this year. Yippee!!!

:propeller::propeller::propeller::propeller:

Jraysray
03-16-2008, 08:00 PM
Ok now after I wrote this I saw this. Monza19 brochure (http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=43534)

The one I saw looked nothing like the one in this thread. More like an old cig.:pimp:

BUIZILLA
03-16-2008, 08:17 PM
they did make something in the 24 range... kinda looked like a P&D pop,, the old ones were very strong boats

Gearhead99
03-16-2008, 08:35 PM
Remember seeing the Monza boats at the Miami Boat Show back in the late 80's or so. They were being built in Miami, if I remember correctly. Looked like so many other "deep V" boats that come and go in the market place.

JimG
03-17-2008, 05:55 AM
Scott, I've seen that boat. Very cool. It's a runner, too! I think he keeps it on Taylor Lake...

Jraysray
03-17-2008, 12:48 PM
Scott, I've seen that boat. Very cool. It's a runner, too! I think he keeps it on Taylor Lake...

Jim,
He keeps it in a storage lot over by my house. East Myer & 146. Behind the CVS. I always wanted to look at it but the lot is locked up. I spoke to him at boondoggles when I was tying up. Little breezy Sunday

JimG
03-17-2008, 01:17 PM
Little breezy is an understatement! We got our Donzi out on Friday, it wasn't so bad. THE day to be out was Saturday, you could have run to Galveston in the 18. Very slick... we made a TOPPS run to Stingaree in a 38 Baja. No drama whatsoever!

Jraysray
03-17-2008, 10:19 PM
Little breezy is an understatement! We got our Donzi out on Friday, it wasn't so bad. THE day to be out was Saturday, you could have run to Galveston in the 18. Very slick... we made a TOPPS run to Stingaree in a 38 Baja. No drama whatsoever!

Yeah,
It looked good all day Sat while I was working on my trailer.... When I was out Sunday I saw two breeze boats that broke loose and run aground. One was still out today but tits up and taking on water. Look for a red hull dirty side up! You can see it on the first bridge on toddville. Always a sad site.

TXDONZI
03-18-2008, 04:00 PM
I was out Saturday on the river, I figured it would still be to windy for the 22 on Clear Lake and in the bay. It was nice out for sure. Sunday I was at my sons place at the Landing Condo's/Apt's in (Taylor Lake?). Caught the site of several boats mostly larger ones running the lake. Then suddenly a Yellow and White 22 maybe 18 Classic came out of Taylor Lake. It didn't fly across the lake but it looked to be running 30-40 pretty stable from my view point out there. The wind must have be 20mph with close to 30mph gust at times. I was glad I went Saturday and rode the bike (Palapa's and Turtle Club) Sunday. Coming home that night blew us around pretty good on the Fred Hartman Bridge.

Jraysray
03-18-2008, 10:21 PM
I was out Saturday on the river, I figured it would still be to windy for the 22 on Clear Lake and in the bay. It was nice out for sure. Sunday I was at my sons place at the Landing Condo's/Apt's in (Taylor Lake?). Caught the site of several boats mostly larger ones running the lake. Then suddenly a Yellow and White 22 maybe 18 Classic came out of Taylor Lake. It didn't fly across the lake but it looked to be running 30-40 pretty stable from my view point out there. The wind must have be 20mph with close to 30mph gust at times. I was glad I went Saturday and rode the bike (Palapa's and Turtle Club) Sunday. Coming home that night blew us around pretty good on the Fred Hartman Bridge.

Yeppers, that was me and the wife and two 12 year old's. We have been bouncing around for about an hour. We were full of pizza after a boondoggles pit stop and decided to plow back in. Taking advantage of that deep V! I sure could have used the extra 4 feet feet up front! MY LITTLE 18c ROCKS.

bTW, I saw a guy get blown over and up agianst the rail on a bike. I used to work that way and have seen the after math of others as well.

Where do you boat? San Jac river?:anchor::anchor::anchor::us-texas::us-texas::sombrero: ole!

TXDONZI
03-19-2008, 03:28 PM
All up and down the river. There a lot of places to pull up and just hang out. There’s also a few places you have to be careful of Hwy 90 tressle, I-10 area north of the bridge (follow the channel markets around to the right) and the back side of the island (stay to the right) just up river of Banana Bend past the no wake zones... If you just hang back and watch a few boats you can see the channel. I live on Cedar Bayou so I play around there at times mostly on the Seadoo.

Yeah I have seen SEVERAL good ones just north of the Hartman. Once I was being foolish trying to run down a few crotch rockets on my Road King Classic. Well.....let’s just say they got away!!! I went into a BAD wobble @ about 120mph in that long gradual sweeping right hander just as after you go over North Main headed north. When I started hitting the markers on the shoulder that suck jumped about 6inches to the left as I hit each row. That’s when the neat little safety wall between the lanes came in contact with my crash... I mean guards as Harley calls them. I rode that wall long enough to rub a dime size hole in the engine guard and a pencil size hole in the saddle bag guard. You know instinct says put your foot out...well that wall grabbed my boot toe...turn it sideways and ate the leather down into the safety toe.

Moral of the story Road Kings (100hp 6spd. EVO) just don’t handle like crotch rockets at 120mph.
Boy was that an eye opener!!!!