PDA

View Full Version : 18 in Ormond Beach spotted.

Cuda
03-15-2008, 09:40 AM
I saw it while working in Ormond. I know there are a couple members on here from Ormond. I'm pretty sure it was an X-18, but I just caught a glimpse of it, going down Nova Road. Anyone know who it is?

Mr X
03-15-2008, 10:35 AM
Blue?

Cuda
03-15-2008, 11:19 AM
Blue?
I think so. It was either dark blue, or black, but I think it was blue.

mjw930
03-15-2008, 08:16 PM
I'm in Ormond but obviously it wasn't me. I'll keep an eye out.

Nova is a through road for a lot of people so it may be home in Ormond Beach, Holly Hill, Daytona Beach or Port Orange.

Mr X
03-15-2008, 09:22 PM
Belongs to George Harrison. (not the Beetle)
My old X-18.

Cuda
03-15-2008, 11:21 PM
I'm in Ormond but obviously it wasn't me. I'll keep an eye out.

Nova is a through road for a lot of people so it may be home in Ormond Beach, Holly Hill, Daytona Beach or Port Orange.
It was headed south on Nova, at Granada, and Nova dead ends at US1, which is probably just over a mile north of Granada.

mjw930
03-16-2008, 07:50 AM
It was headed south on Nova, at Granada, and Nova dead ends at US1, which is probably just over a mile north of Granada.

Correct but since they were headed South that means they pass through Ormond, Holly Hill, Daytona Beach and Port Orange before it connects back up to Rt 1 just north of Rose Bay.

My guess, based on a little detective work, is that boat lives in Port Orange. Mr. X can confirm.

Cuda
03-16-2008, 11:42 AM
I know I liked that ramp at Port Orange the best to launch my Formula. The ramp just off Granada and Beach Street worke fine for launching the Donzis.

mjw930
03-16-2008, 08:15 PM
I know I liked that ramp at Port Orange the best to launch my Formula. The ramp just off Granada and Beach Street worke fine for launching the Donzis.

Yes, the Dunlawton ramps are very popular. Deep water and closer to the inlet.

Just be careful on the Granada ramp at low tide. There's less than 3' of water not 15 feet back from the ramps at mean low tide. The 22 sits so low in the rear that it's really to shallow at low tide for a 22 with a big block. Trust me on this, they really need to dredge the area right behind the ramps :(

I'm partial to the Halifax Marina ramps in downtown Daytona Beach. They are well maintained and have a flushing station where you can flush your motor right when you come out of the water. The only downside is how steep the ramps are. They are 2 tiered and if you have a long, low trailer you need to enter on an angle to keep from high siding on the second drop off.