PDA

View Full Version : Access to grab handle for replacement on 22ZX

Donzi LG
03-09-2008, 07:45 PM
I'd like to replace my white grab handle with a powdercoated one. Does anyone know if the white padded panel above the grab handles in the picture below is easily removed? My boat is still in storage so I can't look and I'm not sure if this is more trouble than it's worth. It looks like those padded areas may be removable and "pop off" kind of like an old interior door panel on a car? Any of you guys who've worked on these boats know how these come off? Thanks as always for the help..
John

brwn234
03-09-2008, 08:16 PM
I bet they bolt through and are secured in between the gap in kockpit and the side of the hull. I know that the pad just behind the rear seat is secured this way. You can see it under the engine hatch if you look under the lip where the hatch rests. It's attached with fender washers and lock nuts.
I'm not sure how to get to the side pad maybe remove the cup holder and become a contortionist. Or maybe you gotta remove the wall in the engine compartment, not a good option. Let me know what your gonna do with those white grab rails. I might want them for my ZX.

brwn234
03-09-2008, 08:20 PM
Oh yeah....you need to get some fenders for that boat, that picture is making me cringe.:eek!: