PDA

View Full Version : Mercruiser hole cutting Jig needed to barrow

Scott Pearson
03-09-2008, 05:53 PM
Can anyone lend me a jig for a little bit. I need to cut the hole in this Hornet and could really use a jig.

Thanks!!!

BlownCrewCab
03-09-2008, 08:52 PM
I Have one that I Left with a friend at a marina in Virginia (I'm in TN). If you don't have any other offers soon, I'll get the ball rolling on them sending it to you. It's for an Alpha but has some provision for the 2 extra bravo bolts. I Have used it for Bravo's ( But I Haven't seen it for 10 years) I Know he has it since I talked to him just a few weeks back about it. anyway, I'll keep checking back to see if you need it...

David Hartmann
03-09-2008, 09:03 PM
Can anyone lend me a jig for a little bit. I need to cut the hole in this Hornet and could really use a jig.
Thanks!!!

I borrowed one from

http://www.marinepowerservice.com/

they charge you a little bit and have you give them a deposit but they will send it out to you. Andy is the guy that knows what is going on threre.

FYI
on the St Tropex I am a positive x about .75 inches. On my boat I might back that down to .5 inch but that is for rough water handling at slow speeds. on the Hornet you may not want to focuss on grip

rustnrot
03-09-2008, 09:04 PM
Consider me another Plan B. We got a new guy here who just opened up shop who has one. He and I even used it to drill at HIS shop. I know he would have let me borrow at the time, was just as easy to bring boat to his shop; now he may wonder what I'd be needing it "again" for.

Bottom line, I THINK I could get it from him and ship it to you as long as you used it right away, which I am sure you would and send it right back. When we used it, was the first time it was ever used, FWIW.