PDA

View Full Version : Southeast events

rtgogo
03-09-2008, 07:33 AM
Is there a calendar of events for annual gatherings in the Southeast? I've searched the board and can only find info for individual events. Just looking for locations and general dates. If there's not a master schedule, please let me know the names so I can search for specifics. Looking to join up in or around Alabama area.

thanks

Tidbart
03-10-2008, 03:44 PM
There are several events in Florida scheduled throughout the year. We are probably not keeping up with calendar as best we should, but to give you rough idea of what is coming up, even if you don't want to travel here:
Mt Dora, Antique Boat show- March 28, 29,30
Cross Florida, Fort Myers to Stuart and Back- April 18,19, 20

Closer to Alabama is AOTH, at Lake Cumberland in Kentucky, coming pretty soon, not sure of the date off hand.
Lake Eufala is usually Labor Day weekend.

Later on in September is the Donzi Owner's Rally, location to be determined, has been in Sarasota for years but may change this year.

Keep your eye on the Events and Gatherings section for some more local gatherings as some are rather impromptu and last-minute.

Bob

Last Tango
03-10-2008, 04:52 PM
Also, If you see any event(s) listed in this section with the word SEADOGS in it, then it is a southeast event. SEADOGS is an acronym for South East Area Donzi Owners Group. To become an "Official" SEADOG, you need only do one thing: attend any SEADOG event. Simple as that.

rtgogo
03-10-2008, 07:18 PM
Gotcha...thanks..appreciate your insight...

ITTLFLI
03-11-2008, 09:17 AM
Closer to Alabama is AOTH, at Lake Cumberland in Kentucky, coming pretty soon, not sure of the date off hand.

Awakening of the Horses VIII(AOTH) is May 15-18 and is always the weekend before Memorial day at Lake Cumberland(Jamestown, KY). This event draws a great group of Donzi's from all parts of the U.S.!

SMLDONZI
03-12-2008, 04:14 PM
Smith Mountain Lake Poker Run in SW Virginia is May 17th. SMLBA.com

rtgogo
03-14-2008, 11:09 PM
Any gatherings in June, July, or August. I have already scheduled two wheel adventures in May and September....

The Hedgehog
03-15-2008, 01:21 PM
I am thinking that it would be good to have an informal Donzi gathering this summer at Center Hill Lake. I have a handful of people that are interested so far.

BUIZILLA
03-15-2008, 01:27 PM
:cool:

rtgogo
03-15-2008, 07:24 PM
Where is it? let me know what timeframe your thinkin and I may be in as long as it's somewhere in you neck of the woods.....

ITTLFLI
03-17-2008, 11:11 AM
Center Hill would be neat! Can we get Allan Jackson to attend?:smash:

I would also seriously think about going to something on Smith Lake in Alabama if someone were to organize it! I have family and B-ham and could kill 2 birds with 1 stone! :shocking:

The Hedgehog
03-17-2008, 01:11 PM
Center Hill would be neat! Can we get Allan Jackson to attend?:smash:
I would also seriously think about going to something on Smith Lake in Alabama if someone were to organize it! I have family and B-ham and could kill 2 birds with 1 stone! :shocking:

Center Hill Lake would be good for lots of Donzi owners.

Allan Jackson had a Donzi (I was told). It was a classic 22. He got rid of it because it was too much. He keeps a number of boats at the marina where I get my gas.

BUIZILLA
03-17-2008, 01:19 PM
1st or 2nd week in August might work for me...

no guarantee's... but just might be doable..

SPSU Z25
03-31-2008, 07:18 PM
speaking of the southeast, is Lake Lanier home to anyone? does anyone know of any events there?

Tidbart
04-01-2008, 06:45 AM
speaking of the southeast, is Lake Lanier home to anyone? does anyone know of any events there?

Last I checked, they renamed it Pond Lanier.:doh:

No events scheduled there that I know of as water level is downnnnnn.
Big Grizz live there and a few others on the board are from that area.

B

SPSU Z25
04-02-2008, 11:10 AM
I guess a little more is needed than a few days of rain and too much optimism. Here's hoping for more rain!!

Last Real Texan
04-11-2008, 09:11 PM
I am thinking that it would be good to have an informal Donzi gathering this summer at Center Hill Lake. I have a handful of people that are interested so far.
I'm there....

Donzi Vol
04-11-2008, 10:17 PM

I'm down if the triple is ready. Like Buizilla, August would be good for me.

rtgogo
04-12-2008, 06:15 PM
Set it up for early August and I'm in....

The Hedgehog
04-17-2008, 04:55 PM
So I am thinking that the weekend of the 9th is best. It gets us into August but is still a good bit from Labor day.

I will check with the folks at Pate's Ford marina. They are laid back and I do some business with them. Plus they understand and like loud boats. That is the most important. I just wish that they sold 93 octane. Oh well, you can't have everything.

BTW, Nice avatar Tex!:eek!:

Budmann
04-22-2008, 04:47 PM
August works for me!!!:wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink:

Donzi Vol
05-02-2008, 10:04 PM
So I am thinking that the weekend of the 9th is best. It gets us into August but is still a good bit from Labor day.

I will check with the folks at Pate's Ford marina. They are laid back and I do some business with them. Plus they understand and like loud boats. That is the most important. I just wish that they sold 93 octane. Oh well, you can't have everything.

BTW, Nice avatar Tex!:eek!:

As of right now that works for me. Put me down as a strong maybe. The only reason I can't commit for sure is that with my job I don't know if I'll be working a weekend until about a month (maybe two) out. Would we be doing Friday-Sunday?

The Hedgehog
05-02-2008, 10:48 PM
As of right now that works for me. Put me down as a strong maybe. The only reason I can't commit for sure is that with my job I don't know if I'll be working a weekend until about a month (maybe two) out. Would we be doing Friday-Sunday?

Yes, all three days!:crossfing:

Donzi Vol
05-02-2008, 10:58 PM
cutwater? might be a good sub since you're missing AOTH. I might even be able to swing through Knox and pick you up (if we only take one boat).