PDA

View Full Version : 1972 Donzi X18 Project

webstermanvt
03-08-2008, 01:02 PM
I don't have any time to finish this project, so anyone else who is up for the challenge should scroll down!

Already been done:
Deck removed, support grid reglassed, transom redone, blanked, hull imroned, new tank, lots of hardware, trailer

$5,000

Pictures attached...

chappy
03-08-2008, 05:54 PM
Nice color scheme, good luck with the sale.:cool:

penbroke
03-08-2008, 06:38 PM
Is there an engine/drive setup for it?

Where are you?

Frank

webstermanvt
03-08-2008, 07:01 PM
No engine or drive. Plan was for 350 mag, Alpha or Bravo. Had the standard 350/300hp LT-1 with Volvo. Motor was over heated by previous owner. Boat in Colchester, Vermont

Last Real Texan
03-08-2008, 09:47 PM
Great Slate for a project I have in mind, as far as drive and engine combo....Just a shame it is 1300 miles away. Good looking project boat. Should go fast

Tex

Last Real Texan
03-09-2008, 09:27 PM
Still wish this thing was closer......some one snatch this thing up soon...................so I can quit thinking about it.

webstermanvt
03-09-2008, 09:38 PM
Just give me a couple of days before you come to pick it up. I need to clear the snow from the driveway to the boat in the back yard.

The Hedgehog
03-10-2008, 07:58 AM
Still wish this thing was closer......some one snatch this thing up soon...................so I can quit thinking about it.

Heck, I will ride up with you just to see this get finished.

Last Real Texan
03-11-2008, 08:42 PM
Need more photos of the inside etc.....close ups as well, Also what has been done and what hardware comes with it? I need more details please................
And if anyone wants to know I am thinking Blackhawk and a small block 400 built to the hilt. If I do this project it will be stricly in my spare time and it will not be a period correct restoration, but a total custom with short bolsters and a console set up between the fron seats and a really racey set up, oh and at least four Oh Sh*t handles.
could be a heck of a project
Tex

webstermanvt
03-11-2008, 08:58 PM
The boat is completely wrapped and tough to shoot pictures right now. It is still snowing here. The support grid has been completely reglassed. The transom has been replaced and is ready for new drive. The hull and boot stripe have been Awlgriped. The booton has a interpoxy white on it. The deck is not attached. The ****pit floor wood has been replacd with glassed in foam. Any other soft wood was relaced on the deck. It is ready for paint. I have a new 40 gallon tank to install. I have some of the old hardware but had planned to replace with new upgraded stainless. I have an interior but it is not correct. It is from a standard 18'. The color is also wrong but could be used as patterns. i have over $7,100.00 in receipts and invoices.

Steve

webstermanvt
03-11-2008, 09:04 PM
The typing fingers are getting tired. The bottom has Interlux Interprotect on it. I guess the site does not like the word ****pit.

All the engine you will need is 350/300 MPI and the right X dimension.

Steve

penbroke
03-11-2008, 09:07 PM
What color is the interior?

Frank :shark:

The Hedgehog
03-12-2008, 07:09 AM
The typing fingers are getting tired. The bottom has Interlux Interprotect on it. I guess the site does not like the word ****pit.

All the engine you will need is 350/300 MPI and the right X dimension.

Steve

A 350/300 MPI is a great engine for that boat. He can't go with anything less than a 383 though since that is what I have in mine:smash:

I would love to see Brian do this project. He would pull it off in style. His own style. And that's a good thing.

On the down side, I would probably have to put a whipple and a shorty on mine just to keep up:hangum: That would be somewhat of a bummer since I built it to be a 87 Octane runabout.

webstermanvt
03-12-2008, 08:57 AM
The interior that I have is not correct. It is red and the back cushion is for a standard 18. It is not tall enough and it was made without pleats. A friend gave me the interior and had his guy make it over with pleats.