PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know

osur866
03-06-2008, 10:17 PM
what kind of sealant to use on the upper trim tab rams that attach to the transom? I'm changing mine out replacing with shorter stops to bring the tabs in the full up negative angle, I'd just cut off the stops and not take the upper part off but I have indicators so they have wire coils inside them,, have the parts from bennett need to know what to use to reseal, looks like the others are either 4200 or 5200 hope their not 5200 but will find out how much of a PITA they are going to be to get off tommarrow. Thanks Steve

mjw930
03-06-2008, 10:19 PM
what kind of sealant to use on the upper trim tab rams that attach to the transom? I'm changing mine out replacing with shorter stops to bring the tabs in the full up negative angle, I'd just cut off the stops and not take the upper part off but I have indicators so they have wire coils inside them,, have the parts from bennett need to know what to use to reseal, looks like the others are either 4200 or 5200 hope their not 5200 but will find out how much of a PITA they are going to be to get off tommarrow. Thanks Steve

4200 is what I would use.

roadtrip se
03-06-2008, 10:29 PM
We talk last week, and boom, get-er-done!

It is probably going to be 4200 from the factory.

MJW has it right, 5200 for something you don't want to tear apart any time soon. 4200 for a do-over, if it is necessary.

Good luck!

osur866
03-06-2008, 10:47 PM
right! getter done, I'm hoping they didn't use 5200 when they put them on :crossfing:. If so what is the best method to get the old ones off if they did? The real fun will be putting the other parts on that should arrive tommarrow you want to help with that one todd?

roadtrip se
03-07-2008, 09:58 AM
There is a spray that will loosen this stuff up, if you run into it.
You never know what mood the boys were in the day they built your boat in Sota.

I would go find it and get you a brand name, but I am not at the right house today.

As for the internal indicator re-install, it didn't look too bad to me...

MOP
03-07-2008, 12:28 PM
I like a few up here have rigged more then our fair share of boats, silicone should always be the choice for anything that may have to be removed for repair or replacement. Yes you can use DeBond on many items, but being very caustic it may attack non some metal items.
Buy the way since when did silicone fall short under water???
Phil

Mr X
03-07-2008, 01:11 PM
right! getter done, I'm hoping they didn't use 5200 when they put them on :crossfing:. If so what is the best method to get the old ones off if they did? The real fun will be putting the other parts on that should arrive tommarrow you want to help with that one todd?

And I show they did arrive today :wink:

BigGrizzly
03-08-2008, 08:45 AM
I always use silicone on my stuff.

osur866
03-09-2008, 10:00 PM
Well the old ones are off it was 4200 and new ones on still have to seal them, before the where only 3/8 inch up from transom at trailing edge now with the new ones are 2 inches up that should get them high and dry now:). Steve

The Hedgehog
03-09-2008, 10:47 PM
Well the old ones are off it was 4200 and new ones on still have to seal them, before the where only 3/8 inch up from transom at trailing edge no with the new ones are 2 inches up that should get them high and dry now:). Steve

Hey Steve,

What kind of tabs are you using?

osur866
03-09-2008, 11:05 PM
Factory Bennett's that came on the boat but they weren't retracting fair enough. look under the tech section Poodle has pictuers that show how most are mounted and what he did to fix his, I would have done his fix but mine have coil wires inside because they have indicators in them.