PDA

View Full Version : 22ZX new owner

drossman
03-05-2008, 05:40 PM
I Purchased 1997 22ZX in January with 400 hrs on it. Took it out last Sat. for a spin on Lake Cumberland (only boat out) for the first time and wow......was suprised at how well it ran....few minor problems with trim. Was wandering if anybody could shed some facts about the cabin area? Does the V-berth cushion cover the entire area? Is their supposed to be a step down into the berth?

synack
03-05-2008, 11:07 PM
The 22ZX runs great! It takes a little while to get used to how you need to trim the boat and use the tabs (if you have 'em).

The ZX that I had had three cushions. Two were left/right halves that covered the carpeted area and the third was about 2' square that covered panel that serves as a partial cover for the footwell. I had no step into the footwell.

Lenny
03-05-2008, 11:46 PM
Is this a Stepped boat or non step?

If it is stepped you might want a few quick pointers from the folks THAT KNOW what you are about to encounter.

Just to be on the safe side :)

If a non-step, have fun, and WELCOME !!! :D ... to the disease...

drossman
03-06-2008, 11:57 AM
Thanks for the info about the cushions.....regarding the hull.....non-step. Looking forward to the Donzi Rally at Lake Cumberland in May....hope to meet some of you guys there.......:eek!:

BigGrizzly
03-06-2008, 06:22 PM
We will be there, waiting on you!

rtgogo
03-06-2008, 06:30 PM
Is the stepped hull inherently dangerous? Is this specific to the 22 or is the 26 the same issue? From comments related to the spin out factor, etc, sounds like the more desirable hull is the non-stepped? Curious...newer models are all stepped so what are some facts about the difference in the hulls? Do you have to be drivin like a mad man to spin it?

thanks

FISHIN SUCKS
03-06-2008, 06:49 PM
Thanks for the info about the cushions.....regarding the hull.....non-step. Looking forward to the Donzi Rally at Lake Cumberland in May....hope to meet some of you guys there.......:eek!:
Congratulations and welcome to the Registry! We look forward to seeing/meeting you down at AOTH on Cumberland (less than 2 months away:yes:). I know there will be at least one 22zx ('97) there (Beerbaron), and maybe another one as well.

tom