PDA

View Full Version : Marine Wiring supplies

mjw930
03-01-2008, 08:21 AM
I came across this site in my search for marine wire and cable products: http://bestboatwire.com/

I've placed 2 orders with them and since they drop ship from Ft. Lauderdale stuff gets here in 1 day.

The quality of the parts are top notch and the prices are as much as 1/2 what the same Ancor parts cost at the local supply houses. They also stock the heat shrink / epoxy connectors that are all but impossible to find locally.

Here's what they say about themselves

Let us tell you a bit more about Bestboatwire. We were boaters just like most of our customers. During 3 years we lived in South Florida with 4 kids and a dog on a catamaran that needed rewiring. That is where we have found a manufacturer of high quality marine wire. We started to sell our overstock on eBay. The response was so great that, to make a long story short, we became distributor and started our business www.bestboatwire.com (http://www.bestboatwire.com). When our regular job brought us to Canada, we simply continued our business over the internet. (The wire is manufactured in USA and ships directly from the manufacturer). Our main objective is to sell what boaters need at a price they like, so it’s a win-win situation...you are happy and the business is rolling! To keep prices low, we have a small overhead, we accept credit card payment through Paypal only. We take only a small profit. Our publicity is mainly by word of mouth from our satisfied customers on chat groups, marinas … and now you! I always like supporting the little guy, West Marine gets enough of my money....

Just thought I would pass it along, I have no affiliation aside from being a satisfied customer.

(p.s., I'm not sure of the site etiquette on these types of posts so if the moderators need to remove it then I have no heartburn with that)

gcarter
03-01-2008, 09:28 AM
Now if you're buying wire.....try Surplus Unlimited right there in downtown Daytona on 92. They have a surprising assortment of tinned marine wire at pretty good prices.

handfulz28
03-01-2008, 06:28 PM
They also stock the heat shrink / epoxy connectors that are all but impossible to find locally.

Not sure which ones you've had trouble finding, but I've actually found ring terminals with the goo inside at Wal Mart; 3M brand in various sizes.

mjw930
03-01-2008, 08:56 PM
Not sure which ones you've had trouble finding, but I've actually found ring terminals with the goo inside at Wal Mart; 3M brand in various sizes.

Honestly, the only thing I buy at Wallymart is target ammo, I never thought to look for marine grade connectors.

mjw930
03-01-2008, 09:04 PM
Now if you're buying wire.....try Surplus Unlimited right there in downtown Daytona on 92. They have a surprising assortment of tinned marine wire at pretty good prices.

The last time I was there I noticed their prices were lower than West but I hadn't found this place yet. Unlimited wants $0.20 / foot, Best Boat Wire's price is $0.104 / ft.

Some of their prices are good, most of the time it's merely fair. Their real advantage is the oddball stuff you won't find anywhere else.

handfulz28
03-02-2008, 08:18 PM
Honestly, the only thing I buy at Wallymart is target ammo, I never thought to look for marine grade connectors.

Agreed; I go there typically looking for disposable stuff. I was rummaging around the auto department one day and stumbled across a bunch of electrical stuff. If they weren't 3M I wouldn't consider them.