PDA

View Full Version : Looking at a boat need advice

Likwidsukr
02-27-2008, 08:15 AM
I have been looking at a project 1988 Donzi 25' Regazza. No trailer outside gel is geat needs buffing, has late model KC Outdrive. They want $1500.00 for the boat w/o trailer. Interior needs a little help and it needs a new back to back seat. What do you guys think. I have heard only good things from people on the Regazza.

BlownCrewCab
02-27-2008, 08:30 AM
Seems like a pretty good deal. You could probably get your money back just from the outdrive if you had to.

mikev
02-27-2008, 12:00 PM
i love my regazza built like a tank great boat just be sure and check for rot in transom and stringers so you know what your getting yourself into.

mjw930
02-27-2008, 01:37 PM
I would second Mikev's response, with all that exposed wood I see in the last picture it's very likely you will have some significant wood rot repairs if you really dig into it.

OTOH, at that price it's hard to go wrong.

Carl C
02-27-2008, 01:39 PM
Looks like it needs a lot of work. Will you get an engine? The engine room looks rough and if it's been sitting open to the weather I would pass. Not to bad mouth the Regazza but you do know that they do not have the mystique and resale value of other models. The pics show a boat that will need a lot of work, a trailer and an engine. Personally I wouldn't put that kind of cash into that boat. JMO

Likwidsukr
02-28-2008, 09:50 PM
Looks like it needs a lot of work. Will you get an engine? The engine room looks rough and if it's been sitting open to the weather I would pass. Not to bad mouth the Regazza but you do know that they do not have the mystique and resale value of other models. The pics show a boat that will need a lot of work, a trailer and an engine. Personally I wouldn't put that kind of cash into that boat. JMO

Good advice I will take that information and consider it in my decision on buying said boat. I think this is the post Donzigo was referring to.:shocking: