PDA

View Full Version : IMCO Drive color ...(Silver or Black)???????

SilverBack
02-27-2008, 12:49 AM
Ok..I know that someone(I think it was George Carter) just did a thread on drive color but they were talking about a mercury drive.

IT seems like I am ending up with an IMCO boat. To date my manifolds, risers, out drive, extension box and steering are all from IMCO. My engine is totally redone and I don't have Mercury fuel injection, ignition, manifolds, fuel pumps, risers, or out drive on the boat any more.

Do you think it would look ok for me to paint all of the stuff on the outside of the boat... (extension box, gimble, upper) silver??? The lower is already satin finished and I will keep it that way regardless. The steering is all polished with stainless braided hoses.

You can see my paint colors in my avatar to see how it would match.

Ok fire away and give me your opinion!!

George what did you decide??

Thanks!

yeller
02-27-2008, 03:21 AM
I'd go silver for sure. It's the only color I prefer over black.

Now I said this in gcarters thread...I'd really like to see a complete polished assembly. :yes: That would be BLING!

SilverBack
02-27-2008, 03:37 AM
I guess that I could get the box, gimbal and upper Jet Hot coated!! My brother couldn't live without it. Headers, blocks, heads and even total exhaust. But that would take too long. I am ready to hit the water. I guess paint will have to do!

BlownCrewCab
02-27-2008, 06:15 AM
I Have allways been a fan of the black drive with silver lower unit, Looks Racey. I guess cause as I was growing up all the race boats had it that way.

gcarter
02-27-2008, 06:30 AM
I LIKE silver.
I'd always intended on a variation of silver.
That's all I'll say...that's my story an I'm stickin' to it!

glashole
02-27-2008, 07:22 AM
all black top to bottom

stealth

so only people who can pick it out will know :)