PDA

View Full Version : 22zx storage

brwn234
02-26-2008, 09:12 AM
I've seen this topic before but I searched and couldnt find the thread I was thinking of. I'm trying to make some kind of storage on either side of the engine compartment of my 22zx. I just want to store fenders, dock lines and maybe my anchor back there so I can open up some more space in the cabin.
I remember some of you guys said something about using storage bins/containers. I found some white heavy duty rubbermaid bins that I like. Now I'm trying to figure out how to keep them from moving around. Any ideas? What do you do in your boat? Thanks

Brian Hamilton
02-27-2008, 07:07 PM
brwn234, I used two rubbermade containers, one on each side. I attatched them with strips of velcro stickers, you just need to keep them from sliding into the engine. one thing you need to know, putting weight back there changes the cg (center of gravity). I lost 5mph by putting about 60lbs behind my step (mine is a '99 stepped hull W/ a big block). B

brwn234
02-28-2008, 10:40 AM
I didnt even think about the weight. Thats just one more reason for me to upgrade my manifolds and risers to aluminum. is the velcro strong enough to hold them in place?

Brian Hamilton
02-29-2008, 06:42 PM
brn234, I used Two strips each, about 16 inches long, gunnel to engine. they never moved. you and I know not to turn hard with a stepped 22zx. I dont know about you but im a fresh water guy, I don't see heavy seas. I stored fenders, tools, bilge cleaner and water for my porta potty (wife, two kids). Don't store any thing flamable, you shuld be good. B