PDA

View Full Version : Can-Am Spyder

Barry Eller
02-26-2008, 08:11 AM
I saw this on the road yesterday and didn't have a clue as to what it was. Cell phone photo is not so good. The website link below has a video of the 3 wheeler running.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/blogs/automotive_news/4212570.html

Ed Donnelly
02-26-2008, 09:35 AM
Built in Canada and requires motorcycle licence to drive here.
Some States you only need a drivers licence.

Costs $3,000 more in Canada (where it is built) than in the States. U.S. dealers cannot sell to Canadians:shocking: ...Ed

Barry Eller
02-26-2008, 10:35 AM
I haven't ridden a snowmobile, (I live in Florida), but I would think this would feel similar. What do you think Donziweasel?

Bombardier is building so many things now. SeaDoos, snowmobiles, airplanes...they own OMC. The OMC parts that I buy have sky rocketed since. For example, OMC electric fuel pump lists for $500.00+. I crossed referenced the part number and got a marine Carter fuel pump for $90.00.

Go figure...:smash:

justleft
02-26-2008, 10:50 AM
They are using these for support in the pro bicycle races.

Allot easier to go real slow if you don't worry about
falling over.

McGary911
02-26-2008, 11:16 AM
I've seen quite a few of these buzzing around Jacksonville lately. They even had one on display at the Jacksonville Boat show a couple of weeks back. It looked pretty cool. It actually leans in turns like a normal bike.

joel3078
03-01-2008, 12:08 PM
Saw it at our international motorcycle show last month. Cool looking and yup kinda like a snowmobile but not really. I'm 6'-3' so I felt cramped on it otherwise would be a blast to ride for me. Saw a ton of new 3 wheeler trike motorcycles, BIG scooters with CVT transmissions (no clutch or shifting) and small putt putt scooters. Lots of people are parking their gas sucking 4 wheel vehilcles and coming over to 2 and 3 wheel rides due to gas prices. Cool to see all this new develpment.

Here is the can am spyder forum. And yes, you can even get a pull behind cargo trailer for these now.
http://www.can-amtalk.com/forums/index.php

boxy
03-02-2008, 06:59 AM
Competition (http://www.piaggioUSA.com) is a beautiful thing...
Not really a whole lot of competition there, unless you're buying them for Key West or Golf Course living.
40 hp for your scooter, 106 hp for the Spyder.....

BUIZILLA
03-02-2008, 07:22 AM
at Americade last year they had a display set up doing demo's, if I remember right the demo's were booked the entire week, and you had to prove a serious purchase interest to even get on the list... they were taking slots for the Laconia demo's at that time, and when we got to Laconia I remember seeing a sign in the hotel setup lot that said they were booked for the short time we were there.. yesterday I saw 4 or 5 going up US1, I guess part of a weekly Daytona tour.. kinda neat looking, this year I am going to book a demo ride at LG. Not sure my knee's and back can handle that foot peg angle for very long..