PDA

View Full Version : Which King Cobra?

Likwidsukr
02-25-2008, 11:26 PM
Old style or newer style< (desired over older) Anyone have pictures of the last King Cobras? Here is mine which one is this?

Barry Eller
02-26-2008, 08:23 AM
Old style or newer style< (desired over older) Anyone have pictures of the last King Cobras? Here is mine which one is this?

It is hard to see the top of the drive, but it looks like the "Humpback". (The newer one)

I have the KC and am completely satisfied with it.

If you would take another photo of the top of the drive, we can confirm which drive you have.

joel3078
02-26-2008, 11:45 AM
This thread has pics of the hump we are talking about. The regular cobra and early king cobra are flat accross the top of the gearcase - no hump.

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=51598

Likwidsukr
02-26-2008, 06:56 PM
This thread has pics of the hump we are talking about. The regular cobra and early king cobra are flat accross the top of the gearcase - no hump.
http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=51598
AHA. I do see the hump. This is on a boat I want and it is a 1988 25' DONZI Regazza. No motor outdrive is off. He was asking $1500.00 for the hull and out drive. I have a trailer. What d you guys think. I also have a 500HP+ BBF 460 with "jetboat" style engine mounts already. The boat iteslf is in awesome shape. The interior need freshing up and needs a new back to back. here is a picture

Likwidsukr
02-26-2008, 07:12 PM
I see the hump. This is goes to a boat I'm looking to buy. It is a 1988 Donzi Regazza. he wants $1500.00 for the hull and outdrive. Boat hull in great shape. Interior a little faded. Needs back to back seat. Price good? Here are some pictures. I already have a 500 HP+ BBF and the engine mounts for the boat. Should I offer $1000.00 or is boat worth th money. Opinions greatly needed. I love the DONZI'S here is my chance to get one. I have heard nothing but good things on the 25' Regazza. :shark:

Likwidsukr
02-27-2008, 08:05 AM
My pictures look good thanks MadPoodle

Donzigo
02-28-2008, 07:23 AM
I think that you might misunderstand the replies you are getting. The members just want you to be aware that while the Regazza is a nice boat, it is a Donzi in name only. Dick Genth in the late 80s wanted to take the company in a different direction and tried to complete with the Wellcrafts, Cobias, and Bayliners of the world by producing the Regazza line of boats. They were not made with the same specifications as the Z-boat and Classic models. While a nice boat, they do not have the intrinsic value of the other models; so, when someone puts a lot of money in a Regazza, they need to know this. FYI - As I understand it, the King Cobra was a superior outdrive in design; but, as time goes on, there might be difficulty in finding parts easily.

Good luck with you project ............ I had many boats from 9 foot to 45 foot motor yachts and I have enjoyed them all so remember that any boat a guy owns is his "Queen Mary".........have fun.

Likwidsukr
02-28-2008, 09:48 PM
I think that you might misunderstand the replies you are getting.

Donzigo,

Yeah I know but my comments are from the moderator not allowing 2 posts that showed better pictures of the boat/out drive through. That was 4 days ago and still not there. Thanks for the info on the KC,

joel3078
02-29-2008, 08:12 AM
Why are my last two posts getting "approval" WTF I did not know this was a daycare. Let me kn ow when I can go out and play :hangum:

At the time you posted this, you were very newbie with only a few posts. The moderators monitor newbie posts to mostly prevent spam. Too many newbies come on various forum boards and spread crap, attitude, junk ads, and other misc. bullchit that has absolutely nothing to do with what the forum board is about. This is simply called spam - same crap that ends up in your email. The forum moderators spend waaaay too much time having to clean up the crap. As such, it takes time to get the good posts through from the newbies. However, when a newbie shows some attitude, the forum moderator may choose to "take his time" working on that newbies post. It really comes down to give respect and you will recieve respect.

Now getting back to your boat. The outdrive looks just like mine so I am sure you have the hump king cobra. If I was you, I would buy that boat and immediatly sell the entire king cobra outdrive on ebay. They sell for 2-5K believe it or not. Then resell the Regazza for parts only boat. Then drive to MN and pick up this Regazza or something like it someplace else. You will be way money ahead and have very little work to do.
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/boa/571873715.html

Likwidsukr
02-29-2008, 07:18 PM
At the time you posted this, you were very newbie with only a few posts. The moderators monitor newbie posts to mostly prevent spam. Too many newbies come on various forum boards and spread crap, attitude, junk ads, and other misc. bullchit that has absolutely nothing to do with what the forum board is about. This is simply called spam - same crap that ends up in your email. The forum moderators spend waaaay too much time having to clean up the crap. As such, it takes time to get the good posts through from the newbies. However, when a newbie shows some attitude, the forum moderator may choose to "take his time" working on that newbies post. It really comes down to give respect and you will recieve respect.

Now getting back to your boat. The outdrive looks just like mine so I am sure you have the hump king cobra. If I was you, I would buy that boat and immediatly sell the entire king cobra outdrive on ebay. They sell for 2-5K believe it or not. Then resell the Regazza for parts only boat. Then drive to MN and pick up this Regazza or something like it someplace else. You will be way money ahead and have very little work to do.
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/boa/571873715.html

No problem on the spam deal, its just some were automatic then some were never shown :confused: I am a moderator on another board I understand the newbie deal.

About boat I am going to pass on this boat. The outdrive was taken off for "unknown reasons" Ok that boat is nice. Seems like a good deal. Long way away though. Thanks